Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If anyone who watched the game would like to describe Allen’s play, I’d appreciate it.  Thanks. 

Hard to accurately describe it. He only had 6 pass attempts in the entire half. Nothing long. He would have had a pick if they hadn’t called roughing the passer. Very stupid move too. It was 2nd and 4 and he was flushed from the pocket. Instead of throwing it away he tried to throw across his body and it was easily picked.

My issue was with McClappy. Far too many run plays. Then they brought Allen back out at the start of the 3rd to.....hand it off. Even my wife was scratching her head.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Which means that our depth has improved while our starters aren’t there yet

Perhaps.  The depth is definitely better.  It was clear that the plan was to be run heavy last night as opposed to the pass heavy plan of the 1st 2 games that looked really good.  Still expect this to be a 9-7 team but hard to say exactly where the starters are with the lack of planning on D and the very self evaluative plans the Bills O has run.

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Hard to accurately describe it. He only had 6 pass attempts in the entire half. Nothing long. He would have had a pick if they hadn’t called roughing the passer. Very stupid move too. It was 2nd and 4 and he was flushed from the pocket. Instead of throwing it away he tried to throw across his body and it was easily picked.

My issue was with McClappy. Far too many run plays. Then they brought Allen back out at the start of the 3rd to.....hand it off. Even my wife was scratching her head.

Except Allen was done after Singletary 's TD run in the 2 minute offense.  He didn't take a snap in the 3rd.

Allen didn't look good UNTIL they went to the 2 minute O.  He looked very good in that.  It was like he was too antsy to get throwing at the beginning when he knew they'd only be throwing on 3rd down.

Yeah, after obviously trying to get Allen into a lot of different passing looks in the first two weeks (running like 75% or more pass plays those games), they did the opposite this time - Allen was stuck doing run-run-pass basically every drive. He missed a timing route to Beasley on the outside, had a perfect dart to Cole down the middle later that Cole fumbled after catching, a timing route screw up with Zay that got on Zay a little too quick, but also hit him in the shoulder - his arms were still at his sides if I saw it correctly, he wasn't close to being ready, I'd put that incompletion on both of them - Zay really looks nothing like an NFL WR far too often IMO. Then the play Ogre describes, which was simply stupid, and he'd better not do in the regular season. Two nice passes to John Brown on the 95 yard 2-minute drill they scored on. That was his day, as the rest of the plays in the first half were runs.

It's tough to even assign an adjective to such a small set of plays in between what was the point and bulk of the entire offense, plays that had nothing to do with Josh. I'd say he didn't look great, but it means less to me than when he did look great last week, which also doesn't mean much to me because it's preseason

I mean Baker was straight trash yesterday (10/26, 72 yards, 0TD, 1 INT) and nobody is gonna say a word about it

We'll see what the regular season brings.

I lost my ***** when we drafted Allen, but then reeled it in a bit and was patient with him last year. Even then, I still find myself focusing way too much on breaking down the accuracy of each and every throw he makes. Because when I go turn on Brees or something, even he misses plenty of throws, and gets bailed out on bad placement by good receivers. This is of course not to say that Josh is in Brees' stratosphere, as very few NFL QBs will ever get there again. But I sometimes am too hard on Josh when he misses throws here and there - I'd wager that, this preseason, Josh's intermediate accuracy has been completely fine even though you can nitpick individual throws to death, the reality is that you can do that for any QB ever. I'm almost convinced that Josh's accuracy is less of a problem for the 2019 Bills than the lack of receivers that can do things other teams' receivers regularly do. This is separate from whether or not Josh's accuracy is good enough for him to develop into a QB worth keeping long term.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Perhaps.  The depth is definitely better.  It was clear that the plan was to be run heavy last night as opposed to the pass heavy plan of the 1st 2 games that looked really good.  Still expect this to be a 9-7 team but hard to say exactly where the starters are with the lack of planning on D and the very self evaluative plans the Bills O has run.

Except Allen was done after Singletary 's TD run in the 2 minute offense.  He didn't take a snap in the 3rd.

Allen didn't look good UNTIL they went to the 2 minute O.  He looked very good in that.  It was like he was too antsy to get throwing at the beginning when he knew they'd only be throwing on 3rd down.

Duhhh!   I got in the hot tub at halftime and didn’t even see the third!  I must be thinking of the two minute... I also ate an infused peppermint patty before dinner so there’s that as well??

• Like (+1) 1

The weirdest thing W/ last night's game (well beyond Gumbel & Green having done absolutely no prep) was the ref would change the arm he grabbed to signal holding calls depending on which team committed the hold.  Rather than always grabbing either his right or left forearm, he grabbed the forearm closest to the side that committed the penalty.

Not sure if anybody else does that, but it was the 1st time it was noticable.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

"We're gonna be so good in four years when Jack is 27 and Dahlin is 23"
"2021 Roster plan"
"5-year rebuild plan"
Nobody knows the future folks, fix your teams now, win today

*golf clap*

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Some Indianapolis Fans actually booed him as he left the field. Excluding the year that Manning was hurt and the year and half that Luck missed, the Colts Fans have had 19 years of high level QB play.  Seriously screw them.

And now they have a good chance of landing Tua.  (Hey, if it keeps him out of Miami ...)

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I honestly don't even know if they'll draft that high. Brissett obviously isn't Luck, but he's a Fitz-level guy who can get them in the 7-win range. 

I doubt they will be drafting Top 3, unless they go out of their way to do it.

Indy really has had an incredible run of QB talent for a long time!

20 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Agree.  They have a good team and a good coach.  I see 8-8 or thereabout.  If they want a franchise QB, they're going to have to do it like most teams: Cough up a 1, and a 2 at the very least.

13 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Indy really has had an incredible run of QB talent for a long time!

Well, they went out of their way to do it last time.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:18 PM, Brawndo said:

Some Indianapolis Fans actually booed him as he left the field. Excluding the year that Manning was hurt and the year and half that Luck missed, the Colts Fans have had 19 years of high level QB play.  Seriously screw them.

Honestly I don't blame them for being upset. They went from SB favorite with years of serious contention ahead of them to 8-8 overnight, that's a hard pill to swallow

• Like (+1) 2