Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Apparently at the combine yesterday, McDermott said that you really want your offense to be a threat to score 21 points in today's NFL to be a legit contender. Good lord almighty. 

I want my offense to be able to score that in a half. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Apparently at the combine yesterday, McDermott said that you really want your offense to be a threat to score 21 points in today's NFL to be a legit contender. Good lord almighty. 

Good lord indeed. For perspective here is the avg Pts/GM from last season. Notice that 21 pts per game, while an improvement on the Bills being 30th at 16Pts/GM would still only be ~23rd roughly even with last year's Jets.

image.thumb.png.bb1d7a0f580e06dc219ff978ab77b361.png

• Like (+1) 2

It's a bit of a weird topic in general though.  Imagine the defense forcing a turnover and handing you the ball on the five yard line, then the offense punches it in.  Now technically that is the offense putting up the points, but I'm mostly crediting that one to the defense.  The 5 yard line's a bit extreme for obvious reasons, but where is that line where you'd start to give most of the credit to the offense?  I'd like to see the exact quote that True* referenced.  That word "threat" is what's making me wonder.  If there's more to the comment, like maybe being a threat to put up 21 from your side of the field, I might be willing to mention.

*Have we ever created a shorthand name for TrueBlueGED.  I wanted to say Blue, but that's reserved for LabattBlue even though he's gone.  I don't dare you call you TB because I don't want to associate you with that jackass QB.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

The DK Metcalf hype train has peaked. How many of these work out warriors actually turn into great players. I feel like he's a bust waiting to happen. Of course the Bills will draft him. 

Well, he was sort of a workout warrior. His 3-cone and shuttle numbers were pathetic. Like, among the worst ever recorded. It jives with some stuff I've read about him having difficulty separating, which is more about agility and sudden burst than it is the other measurable. I don't think he'll bust per se, but he's definitely not Megatron, Julio, or AJ either. 

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, he was sort of a workout warrior. His 3-cone and shuttle numbers were pathetic. Like, among the worst ever recorded. It jives with some stuff I've read about him having difficulty separating, which is more about agility and sudden burst than it is the other measurable. I don't think he'll bust per se, but he's definitely not Megatron, Julio, or AJ either. 

He also has a case of the dropsies as well. 

I want him and Murray to be overdrafted in the first eight picks and push more bonafide talent to us

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I see him as David Boston 2.0. 

12 hours ago, inkman said:

David Boston was a good WR before he fell in love with the juice.  Metcalf isn't even that. 

I'm thinking Metcalf if on something. He would be a better WR if he wasn't so big up top. Looks like he skips quite a few leg days as well. 

I don't know how the Bills are willing to pay him, but Pro Football Focus likes Matt Paradis a lot. He's their top offensive lineman free agent, and their 15th overall free agent for the offseason.

"Paradis was a top-three graded center in the NFL before going down with a broken ankle midway through the 2018 season. He’s likely limited to a zone scheme, but he’s been one of the best centers in the NFL when playing in such a system. He’s never graded lower than 74.0 for a single season in his career."