Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

So someone involved with th stadium operations told me that in a morning meeting they were told that the stadium failed some critical inspection, and the entire 300 level needs to be torn down and replaced. Apparently that is what the "big January announcement" is. 

So they're announcing plans for a new stadium?  

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sometimes I wonder if Bills fans and Sabres fans are from the same planet. There has to be a tremendous crossover. It's like they're Bruce Banner downtown and the Hulk out in the burbs.

The Sabres should let you hang out for hours and hours before the game getting piss drunk.

• Like (+1) 1

Listening to the color commentator (who is about as bad as I've heard) fellate Gregg Williams, notoriously all time bad guy, awful to deal with, despicable human and being; has been nothing short of nauseating.  

To top it off, to have to listen to him and Steratore defend their opinions on the forward pass fumble nonsense was the most self gratifying I've ever heard on the air.  Get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Listening to the color commentator (who is about as bad as I've heard) fellate Gregg Williams, notoriously all time bad guy, awful to deal with, despicable human and being; has been nothing short of nauseating.  

To top it off, to have to listen to him and Steratore defend their opinions on the forward pass fumble nonsense was the most self gratifying I've ever heard on the air.  Get a grip. 

You obviously didn't hear Schopp and Cappacio try to one up each other as they went season by season through the drought, claiming to remember the most obscure details. I did. I was sick in bed and too weak to reach down and turn off the radio. Through a Norovirus-induced haze I was tortured for what seemed like hours.

What a crummy way for a good regular season to end. I'm not saying the approach of sitting starters was wrong.

The Pats are about to lose to the Dolphins. Life is good. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

and Duke Williams proving he can't be counted on.  

and McDermott proving he still doesn't understand how to evaluate offensive talent with Yeldon and Sweeney both looking like they should have gotten 30-40 touches this season.  

Yeldon, at least, probably deserved more work this season once Gore slowed down. But I can't imagine having any takeaway of any kind from this game. And I'm not exactly a McDermott guy. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

So they're announcing plans for a new stadium?  

He wouldn't say that for sure, but the main takeaways are that (part of) the stadium may be in worse shape than they thought, they have fewer options than they thought, and they have less time than anticipated. 

Personally, I don't think there's any way in hell that they can rip down the upper decks and rebuild them in time for next season. Even if they could, would it be worth the investment?

4 hours ago, sodbuster said:

He wouldn't say that for sure, but the main takeaways are that (part of) the stadium may be in worse shape than they thought, they have fewer options than they thought, and they have less time than anticipated. 

Personally, I don't think there's any way in hell that they can rip down the upper decks and rebuild them in time for next season. Even if they could, would it be worth the investment?

Good thing they chose this summer to start using the stadium for concerts again after about 20 years considering SHOULD the upper deck actually be dangerous to use they should've at least had an inclination of that before signing those contracts. ?

Seems to be one more reason to raise the value of all the land they already bought downtown via 3rd parties.  It's only a matter of time until MCC has the best JC football stadium in the country. 

5 hours ago, sodbuster said:

If an inspection showed that the stadium had major structural deficiencies then it would be closed...period. You are right that there is no way that they could tear down and rebuild the upper decks by next season. It would take massive amounts of OT(like 2 shifts at 12 hrs if they started tomorrow) and massive amounts of $$ and would still most likely fall short. There is no way a temporary fix like this happens if there’s any plan at all for a new stadium. Will some reinforcing of the existing structural members buy some time? If it as bad as your friend thinks then we’ll see the Bills playing next season elsewhere. I’m guessing that the hype machine is attempting to drum up public support for public money. Bills Mafia, they lookin at you!

• Like (+1) 1