Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I usually hate the whole “run 10 yards up field to celebrate a sack” thing, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed Phillips mocking Watt’s “kick the field goal” motion late last night. Granted, he’s celebrating all while Pittsburgh is rushing to lineup, but it was worth it. That Watt celebration was poorly timed considering the fact that his team was about to give up the lead once that field goal went through the uprights. 

I’m with you, completely.  I loved the kick.

Something about Josh. Some of his throws slightly high or slightly outside, just out of reach or off of finger tips. His receivers are 5'11", 5'8", 5'8", and his RB is 5'7". If we can find a decent WR with size in FA to go with the one we'll likely draft, factoring in probable longer arms to go with the height we might be looking at an increased catch radius of of 10-14" per man. That's a huge difference. Josh may look like a very good QB next year. 

• Like (+1) 6

11 hours ago, shrader said:

I usually hate the whole “run 10 yards up field to celebrate a sack” thing, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed Phillips mocking Watt’s “kick the field goal” motion late last night. Granted, he’s celebrating all while Pittsburgh is rushing to lineup, but it was worth it. That Watt celebration was poorly timed considering the fact that his team was about to give up the lead once that field goal went through the uprights. 

I actually hated that a lot. Get to the ***** line and be ready. A penalty there for being offsides would have stopped the clock and given them better field position. It really irked me. Celebrate when you win. 

^

It's an emotional game. I can't really get mad about stuff like that.

Plus, with the way that guy's been playing, I'm gonna be good with just about whatever he's doing in terms of football.

A post script regarding the Steelers and their Renegade song tradition: It's fun and all that they do that (and the song does rawk for a stadium), but when I watched YouTube clips of Renegades at Heinz Field, I thought about how much cooler it would be if the fans audibly sang along.

I have no love for the SEC, Florida, or, for that matter, Tom Petty, but this is cooler than the Steelers Renegade.

17 hours ago, Hank said:

Personally, I don't believe in God. Parting of the red Sea, the Virgin Mary, water into wine, Noah's ark, the whole thing. I don't understand how educated people buy into the whole idea of a supreme being that can't be seen or touched but lives in infamy. So, you missed your mark on that one. This also isn't the forum for it. I prefer not to come across the religious hate nonsense on a hockey forum. Maybe I'm peculiar that way. 

I'm a heathen as well, but that's better than a hypocrite like McDermott. When all the stories came out about his chaplains and prayer circles, coupled with him strutting around like a poser in all his camouflage clothing, I did my part to take jabs at it and point out his nonsense. Kind of tough to take a pro gun, pro war stance while claiming to worship the guy who preached turn the other cheek, but maybe that's just me. Yeah it's off topic but so much of what gets posted on these and every other board runs off topic from time to time. I haven't been giving McDermott crap as much lately, but that's because I haven't been watching, not because the Bills have suddenly been winning. Otherwise I'd still be crapping all over his bible in one hand, rifle in the other schtick which is a cross between laughable and puke inducing.

So we're 10-4 about to play for the division against the Pats and everyone's just gonna circle jerk about some ***** huh? Take your mushy cookie elsewhere *****

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So we're 10-4 about to play for the division against the Pats and everyone's just gonna circle jerk about some ***** huh? Take your mushy cookie elsewhere *****

Spoiler alert:

The Patriots will cheat, they'll win, and they'll get a slap on the wrist from the league. Rinse and repeat for another 20 year until Belichick retires or dies.

Just now, Drunkard said:

Spoiler alert:

The Patriots will cheat, they'll win, and they'll get a slap on the wrist from the league. Rinse and repeat for another 20 year until Belichick retires or dies.

They'll probably win, yeah. I'm much more interested in seeing how Allen fairs the 2nd time around

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They'll probably win, yeah. I'm much more interested in seeing how Allen fairs the 2nd time around

Bold prediction:  BILLS WIN.

Edited by Doohickie
For the record, I called the second Tre White interception Sunday night. I have witnesses.

56 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I'm a heathen as well, but that's better than a hypocrite like McDermott. When all the stories came out about his chaplains and prayer circles, coupled with him strutting around like a poser in all his camouflage clothing, I did my part to take jabs at it and point out his nonsense. Kind of tough to take a pro gun, pro war stance while claiming to worship the guy who preached turn the other cheek, but maybe that's just me. Yeah it's off topic but so much of what gets posted on these and every other board runs off topic from time to time. I haven't been giving McDermott crap as much lately, but that's because I haven't been watching, not because the Bills have suddenly been winning. Otherwise I'd still be crapping all over his bible in one hand, rifle in the other schtick which is a cross between laughable and puke inducing.

I remember being 17, enthralled with the worldview of dorm room atheists

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm too lazy to explore their math, but I have a hard time picturing how a potential second round matchup can be more likely than a first round matchup.  The Bills are essentially locked into the first wild card.  New England is basically locked into 2 or 3.  Everyone else has a better chance of moving around a bit.  I guess there's enough of a chance that the Texans could either jump over KC or fall behind Tennessee (don't know the tie breaker there).

as the 3 seed, if the Chiefs win they're guaranteed to play the 2 seed (Patriots). So essentially it's saying the Chiefs have a 75% chance of beating whoever ends up being the 6 seed. 

6 minutes ago, Lanny said:

as the 3 seed, if the Chiefs win they're guaranteed to play the 2 seed (Patriots). So essentially it's saying the Chiefs have a 75% chance of beating whoever ends up being the 6 seed. 

Likewise if the Chiefs move into 2 and the Patriots slide to 3.

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't see why discussion of a football coach's overt religious displays needs to be put in an Al Gore Lockbox 2000™. It's not hard to ignore discussions on here. We all do it every day. Things that bore us, for example. Throwing a little hissy fit in order to shut down legitimate sports talk, I don't get it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lanny said:

Right, but they can also fall to the 4 seed.  The Texans beat them so they hold the tie breaker.  I realize we're only dealing with 15 here, but I'm surprised that adding in that one extra week of playoff games leads to a more likely scenario.  I guess there's just enough wiggle room to get the Texans out of the 4th seed.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

A post script regarding the Steelers and their Renegade song tradition: It's fun and all that they do that (and the song does rawk for a stadium), but when I watched YouTube clips of Renegades at Heinz Field, I thought about how much cooler it would be if the fans audibly sang along.

I have no love for the SEC, Florida, or, for that matter, Tom Petty, but this is cooler than the Steelers Renegade.

Cool. Don't they know how many advertising messages they could have crammed into those three minutes? Fools! I was going to say something like this is exactly what's missing in that dull interval before opening faceoffs at the arena, but it would never in a million years be possible. Dr. Todd Shackty's FlossCam show must go on! (And don't even give me grief about the spelling.)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't see why discussion of a football coach's overt religious displays needs to be put in an Al Gore Lockbox 2000™. It's not hard to ignore discussions on here. We all do it every day. Things that bore us, for example. Throwing a little hissy fit in order to shut down legitimate sports talk, I don't get it.

"Legitimate sports talk" is a bit of a stretch. I find it no more legit than discussing the content of goal celebrations.

The discussions are fine.  It's one poster who regularly chooses to openly mock the subject that leads to the issues.  The rest I'd say has been a respectful conversation.

It's not legitimate sports talk. It's the furthest thing from importance possible while holding the smallest tenable relevance. It completely bogs down and pisses off everyone else trying to discuss the best season the Bills have had in literally 20 years.

• Like (+1) 5