WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Bills now control their own destiny for the division and the conference.  How long has it been since we could say that?

Not quite.  The Bills still need 1 other Cheatriots loss (besides the game in week 16) for Buffalo to control the road to 1st seed.

Common opponents (2nd tie breaker after hth), the Cheats have 1 L - Baltimore and Buffalo has 2 - Filly and Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

That would be against us. Divisional record would be tied but we would have the better conference record. 

Don't you read your own football board?

2nd tiebreaker w/in division after HtH is common opponent.   Sadly, Cheatriots hold that at present.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not quite.  The Bills still need 1 other Cheatriots loss (besides the game in week 16) for Buffalo to control the road to 1st seed.

Common opponents (2nd tie breaker after hth), the Cheats have 1 L - Baltimore and Buffalo has 2 - Filly and Cleveland.

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

They need two. Common opponents is the first tiebreaker.

Would a Bills win over Baltimore not take care of this?  EDIT:  No, wait, it wouldn't.  Oops.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Would a Bills win over Baltimore not take care of this?

No, because Buffalo lost to both Philadelphia and Cleveland.

Losing to the Browns screwed everything up.

Edited by sodbuster

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

2nd tiebreaker w/in division after HtH is common opponent.   Sadly, Cheatriots hold that at present.

Ha. I went by memory. Which is Sobotka level in quality. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I just want to take a moment to appreciate that we're even talking about this and it's not completely insane. Kinda sorta insane, but not completely. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

It's official, we have the SNF game against Pittsburgh

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

First SNF Appearance since 2007 

Don't like it one bit.  I still have PTSD from all the SNF/MNF beatdowns at the hands of the Steelers.  

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

• Like (+1) 4

I think everyone should go back to last season’s discussion as I tried to desperately talk people off the ledge and fire everyone bandwagon... Last season was not about short term winning. This season was about winning. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I just want to take a moment to appreciate that we're even talking about this and it's not completely insane. Kinda sorta insane, but not completely. 

Yeah, wife looked at me and laughed when I told her if KC takes care of business next Sunday then Buffalo controls it's own destiny (at least if they find a way to beat the Ravens).

And it's DECEMBER!  They aren't barely clinging to possibly sneaking into a wild card if 36 of 32 events happen.  (Yes, 36 out of 32 possibilities. 😉 )

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If no one goes there,  why is it crowded?

Jesus. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I just realized that there exists a scenario where a Ryan Fitzpatrick victory over the Patriots would give the Bills the division title.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That Yogi-ism is a new one on me, but I guess sometimes it's impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking to much.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ok.  Premature Celebration, number Eleven, offense.  5 yard penalty, still 9th down.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/08/29/too-crowded/

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Jesus. 

6 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I just realized that there exists a scenario where a Ryan Fitzpatrick victory over the Patriots would give the Bills the division title.

We so badly need this timeline.

I booked a flight to Pittsburgh and invited my sons (Buffalo and Charlotte).  The flex might mess everything up!  My son in Buffalo needs to get Monday off ...  no small task.  Go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

I booked a flight to Pittsburgh and invited my sons (Buffalo and Charlotte).  The flex might mess everything up!  My son in Buffalo needs to get Monday off ...  no small task.  Go Bills!

A few friends and I were considering StubHub if the Steelers had lost today, figuring that seats would be super cheap had that happened.  It didn't, and now a prime time game is going to drive up costs of both seats and travel (since there's no way anyone is driving back after a night game, necessitating a hotel).  Oh well.  At least I'll have a productive Sunday.

6 hours ago, sodbuster said:

This is honestly the most likely scenario 😄

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Typically it's a conversation that can't be had beyond opening day.

Come on Chiefs... maybe Mahomes can do something nice for Buffalo. 

Pats are going to lose out. Andy Dalton and Fitz each have a little more to give to Buffalo. We beat PIT, NE, NYJ and host our first playoff game since before I was born I think?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We spent the holiday at my SIL’s house in west Roxbury, right in the belly of a super Pats fan’s home. It was very nice watching the game on Thursday from the Pat’s couch. When the Bills went ahead my BIL suddenly remembered a bunch of chores that needed to be done asap. He came back a while later and was like “omg the Bills are still up?!”  He remembered a few more things that needed doing right now. 

No one around there wanted to talk Pats even before the game for some reason.

• Haha (+1) 1