Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

23 minutes ago, ... said:

So, combing through Twitter, and the stuff isn't hard to find today, especially, but the Bills are a TEAM. The Sabres desperately need this kind of attitude transplanted into their locker room:

Translation please. Wtf was he saying? All I understood was something about America's Team

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It was Detroit. 

So, apparently, you are beyond that age. ?

I already corrected myself. But, as I'm sure you recall, OJ ran for 85 yards and a touchdown. Now I'll take credit for it.

Interestingly, in that game, the Bills went down 7-0 early but led at halftime 13-7 after missing a PAT. They would score 26 unanswered points to lead 26-7 before allowing a late, meaningless touchdown. (Unfortunately, they scored another touchdown before that to ruin the haunting comparison.)

I was on an island by myself when I was enjoying evaluating this team and its players throughout training camp and then the early games. Nothing in response but Bills snark! 

Some of y'all have missed parts of the best journey buffalo sports has given us this decade.

Edit: True gets props for knowing how to have fun with a sports team he's critical of 

Edited by Randall Flagg

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I was on an island by myself when I was enjoying evaluating this team and its players throughout training camp and then the early games. Nothing in response but Bills snark! 

Some of y'all have missed parts of the best journey buffalo sports has given us this decade.

Edit: True gets props for knowing how to have fun with a sports team he's critical of 

Only a few can analyze and write like you ... I get the island reference.

I have enjoyed the games and the season.  I think there is a process and they are getting better.  I know culture beats strategy ..  oh, do I know.

I’m loving it for many of the reasons you've pointed out.  I just LIKE these guys.

I get the snark you feel.  I think there are two reasons for snark in the face of success.   First, the Bills have been so bad for so long, snark in the face of success is a defense mechanism.  “I won’t be fooled or hurt again”.  Second, personal snark toward members of a perennial loser can be small ball, but it’s safe small ball if you’re so inclined enjoy that kinda thing. “McClappy ...”

I’ve been thinking ...  the Bills are giving us everything we’ve spent two days deriding the Sabres for lacking.   They improve, they win, they care, they’re gritty.  The players want each other to succeed.  They’re happy to be in Buffalo.

I think Bills-Ravens is the NFL Game of the Week.

Edited by Neo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

So, in 150 words or less, what are you talking about?

Just now, ... said:

So, in 150 words or less, what are you talking about?

Neo has it - a lot of battered fan syndrome made it very hard to try and talk bills in this thread earlier this year. It was fun to watch them in the preseason and learning how to win early, but every time a few of us tried to talk about it most of the responses were "yeah but the bills" and "same old bills" and "they still suck" 

I wasn't the only one but it was lonely! 

True always enjoyed wins and believed in us beating the teams we were better than, and Swamp, Juju and a couple others had fun too.

Then there were the guys who want to care so bad and still watch, but can't help the crushing feeling of impending doom, like inkman. Can't really blame them. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Neo has it - a lot of battered fan syndrome made it very hard to try and talk bills in this thread earlier this year. It was fun to watch them in the preseason and learning how to win early, but every time a few of us tried to talk about it most of the responses were "yeah but the bills" and "same old bills" and "they still suck" 

Before the dolphins game they did suck 

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Translation please. Wtf was he saying? All I understood was something about America's Team

"Bills back...Bills back. If we ain't got y'all's respect now, we got this sh%t, for realz. They gonna respect Bills Mafia."

"And we built different, we built different. This sh$t different. We don't need that fancy-ass - all that - bull crap all America team. We built different. No cap [editor's note: I think this is what he said] we stand on that." 

Edited by ...
your mom

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Before the dolphins game they did suck 

I don't know man, people keep talking about their easy schedule, which it apparently is, but they put it in the context of the Bills haven't proven anything because of it. Seems to me the easy schedule has been a gift, allowing the team, the coaches, and Allen a chance to improve what they're trying to do each week. It's like a progression of boss levels where they aren't too hard, but give you a chance to get used to the game and work on your skillz, so when you do get to the harder bosses, you're more prepared to take them on.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ... said:

"Bills back...Bills back. If we ain't got y'all's respect now, we got this sh%t, for realz. They gonna respect Bills Mafia."

"And we built different, we built different. This sh$t different. We don't need that fancy-ass - all that - bull crap all America team. We built different. No cap [editor's note: I think this is was he said] we stand on that." 

Very impressive, lol

2 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't know man, people keep talking about their easy schedule, which it apparently is, but they put it in the context of the Bills haven't proven anything because of it. Seems to me the easy schedule has been a gift, allowing the team, the coaches, and Allen a chance to improve what they're trying to do each week. It's like a progression of boss levels where they aren't too hard, but give you a chance to get used to the game and work on your skillz, so when you do get to the harder bosses, you're more prepared to take them on.

I agree with all of this; but we’ve only looked liked this complete for three weeks now. We had flashes, but the play calling was also atrocious. Only since Daboll has moved up stairs has it improved and the offense has followed. 

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I agree with all of this; but we’ve only looked liked this complete for three weeks now. We had flashes, but the play calling was also atrocious. Only since Daboll has moved up stairs has it improved and the offense has followed. 

That really does appear to be quite the move. 

And Josh developing to a point where he felt comfortable doing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Without those games they don't win this one. The plot and trajectory of this team was there to be seen by those who read Shaw66's weekly analyses on TBD

The Cowboys fans were in awe of this scene on their message board.  They said it was a special locker room how the Bills were so together compared with their "plastic" and passionless locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

I went to the game.

There were hundreds of Bills fans at the welcome party last night.  Hundreds at the tailgate.  But in the arena, there were THOUSANDS and we made all the Buffalo noise we could.  I was in the 400 level, at the 50 yard line.  There were more Bills fans than Cowboys fans in my area.  The experience was glorious, to see the Bills beat the Cowboys in their own house.  After the game the Bills fans lingered in the stadium and gave their team a long round of applause.  When we went out into the concourse and sang the Shout song all the way back to our cars. It was other-worldly, surreal, the way the Bills beat the 'Boys and the fan support the Bills had.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We learned two three things today.

1.  The Bills are actually good

2.  The Cowpatties are way over rated.

3. Allen’s an improving QB, but already a leader.  

In many respects, the Bills and the Cowboys are similar teams.  They have some incredible talent, but both teams also make mistakes.  The Cowboys are more like the Sabres though- figuratively holding their sticks too tight.  The Bills on the other hand, are on an upward trajectory.  They made mistakes today but they weren't as costly as the ones the Cowboys made, and they were mostly made by Hauschka (I hope he gets his groove back).

Allen has been a leader from day one.  His improvement from week to week has been nothing short of impressive.  If he's going to play a long career he's going to have to run less than he does now, but his running ability gives him a wildcard to play when the passing routes just aren't there.  There were one or two plays where he looked like he was running, then pulled back and threw a pass.... one was complete to Foster on the right sideline, the other incomplete at the goal line to... I forget; was it Singletary or Beasley?  But I like that he keeps thoughts of passing alive even while he's using his feet.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

That really does appear to be quite the move. 

And Josh developing to a point where he felt comfortable doing it. 

? A play that sums this up involved Allen dropping back in the pocket and simply standing there waiting for a play to develop.  He did not bounce around.  Kept his feet flat on the ground.  No movement at all until throwing to a receiver 15 yards down field.  He waited a very “long” time for this happen.  Allen was very comfortable.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good win on a national stage. I won't take that from them. Allen looked poised and took his game to another level for him, and that is good as well.

But let's not mentally trick ourselves with the emotion of the national stage moment yesterday. The 2019 Baltimore Ravens are not the 2019 Dallas Cowboys. The Bills are about to face a team that is currently operating at a much higher level across the board than the Bills. It's going to be an uphill battle to keep pace with them. With that said, yes, the Bills can beat the Ravens, it is possible. But that would require a mistake free game, the kicking game especially I heavily suspect, will have to improve vastly in the next 10 days.

The next 4 games are going to be the anchor games that solidify where the Bills stand overall. They are either going to take those games and make them the norm of accelerating to a playoff threat, or, stumble in to the post season looking to find that poise once again. Only time will tell.

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Good win on a national stage. I won't take that from them. Allen looked poised and took his game to another level for him, and that is good as well.

But let's not mentally trick ourselves with the emotion of the national stage moment yesterday. The 2019 Baltimore Ravens are not the 2019 Dallas Cowboys. The Bills are about to face a team that is currently operating at a much higher level across the board than the Bills. It's going to be an uphill battle to keep pace with them. With that said, yes, the Bills can beat the Ravens, it is possible. But that would require a mistake free game, the kicking game especially I heavily suspect, will have to improve vastly in the next 10 days.

The next 4 games are going to be the anchor games that solidify where the Bills stand overall. They are either going to take those games and make them the norm of accelerating to a playoff threat, or, stumble in to the post season looking to find that poise once again. Only time will tell.

Man would I love to beat Pittsburgh and NE. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GoPre said:

? A play that sums this up involved Allen dropping back in the pocket and simply standing there waiting for a play to develop.  He did not bounce around.  Kept his feet flat on the ground.  No movement at all until throwing to a receiver 15 yards down field.  He waited a very “long” time for this happen.  Allen was very comfortable.  

It's obvious that Daboll has Allen watching film of Brady.