WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

It was advertised as such, the vaunted defensive battle. 

At least we got a touchdown out of it 🙂

29 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course I'm missing a total stress-free win. Of course. On the bright side, we'll win 2 of the next 5 and see you in January. 

What is the second win?

Good win. 

That was JA's best deep throw of the season -- and another very nice play from Brown on the catch.

Singletary reminds me of Joe Cribbs.

Good for Shaq in his contract year.

It's hard to really believe in this team until they beat a good team, but 8-3 is still enjoyable.

41 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course I'm missing a total stress-free win. Of course. On the bright side, we'll win 2 of the next 5 and see you in January. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

What is the second win?

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Jets and Steelers

I'm not confident they have 1 win left.  

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Pretty sure you also said that two wins ago. 

Yes. My SOP is they will never win another game again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

First game I had to miss but I'm glad they won.

It's absurd to think they might actually get 10 wins without a single one coming against a team with a winning record. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

51 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Singletary reminds me of Joe Cribbs.

Good call there.  And a very underrated back in Bills history.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Good call there.  And a very underrated back in Bills history.

Cribbs was really good, both running it and catching it.  Letting him go to the USFL over $$ was another Ralph Wilson cheapness-driven blunder in a late 1970s - early 80s string of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

First game I had to miss but I'm glad they won.

It's absurd to think they might actually get 10 wins without a single one coming against a team with a winning record. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

Check the record of the undefeated Dolphins team in the 70s  

There were 3 Allens starting in the NFL today

1) Josh Allen- Buffalo

2) Brandon Allen - Den

3) Kyle Allen - Carolina

This has to be a first.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There were 3 Allens starting in the NFL today

1) Josh Allen- Buffalo

2) Brandon Allen - Den

3) Kyle Allen - Carolina

This has to be a first.

I believe last week was the first time it happened.

Gotta give Allen some credit. In the last 2 games since the "play fearless" comment was made by McD, Allen has looked fairly good under center. He has been throwing well and while he had an interception yesterday, I didn't think it was one of the egregious kind. I still am not sure I believe in him but at least for 2 games now he has looked decent. 

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Gotta give Allen some credit. In the last 2 games since the "play fearless" comment was made by McD, Allen has looked fairly good under center. He has been throwing well and while he had an interception yesterday, I didn't think it was one of the egregious kind. I still am not sure I believe in him but at least for 2 games now he has looked decent. 

I think the thing with Allen, and also the entire Bills team, is that I'm not sure how good they are, but at the very least I don't think they're bad, so really that's an improvement over the last few decades.

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He looked pretty good against a pretty good D. Mostly a game manager, with a bit of upside for some chunk, plus plays.

19 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think the thing with Allen, and also the entire Bills team, is that I'm not sure how good they are, but at the very least I don't think they're bad, so really that's an improvement over the last few decades.

Defense is generally good, even when they get run over.  Offense is good enough, but is awful when the playcalling is awful.  Hopefully, Allen calling his own plays can fix the latter.  Daboll learning to trust the run helps too.  I think they need some new receivers and a replacement for Gore before the offense can get to a 'good' status.