Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

1 hour ago, calti said:

What can you do in Toronto that you cant do in Buffalo? They dont have concerts in Buffalo?? Dont have festivals? Dont have a symphony orchestra?(ok ok i realize we are talking young pro atletes here),,Dont have great restaurants? Dont have a nightlife? Dont have the same crappy weather?

I get your argument, but realistically you'll find one or two of something in Buffalo, and you'll have a choice of a dozen in Toronto. And if it's something truly high-end or unique, a few in Toronto and not in Buffalo.

Examples:

• The nearest BMW Motorcycle dealer to Buffalo is Pittsburgh in the USA or Oakville ON. There are like 5 in the GGSA (Greater Great Satan Area).
  • Buffalo's list of *good* vegan places is really thin, and don't compare to a couple places MrsPie and I like here.
  • The number of museums and breweries around here is incredible. Buffalo is finally starting to catch up on breweries, though.

Now, these examples aren't going to appeal to everyone, but saying Buffalo has everything a big city has is disingenuous.

1 hour ago, calti said:

What can you do in Toronto that you cant do in Buffalo? They dont have concerts in Buffalo?? Dont have festivals? Dont have a symphony orchestra?(ok ok i realize we are talking young pro atletes here),,Dont have great restaurants? Dont have a nightlife? Dont have the same crappy weather?

34 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm not here to debate that.

I know both towns quite well. The GTA is about 7 million people. Greater Buffalo's probably more like 1 million. They're just different places, with different vibes. As a city of its size and complexity, Toronto has more hustle and bustle (and money (and glamour)) than Buffalo. And if you're a young pro athlete who's looking for some bright lights, Toronto will do the trick. Buffalo won't.

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

I get your argument, but realistically you'll find one or two of something in Buffalo, and you'll have a choice of a dozen in Toronto. And if it's something truly high-end or unique, a few in Toronto and not in Buffalo.

Examples:

• The nearest BMW Motorcycle dealer to Buffalo is Pittsburgh in the USA or Oakville ON. There are like 5 in the GGSA (Greater Great Satan Area).
  • Buffalo's list of *good* vegan places is really thin, and don't compare to a couple places MrsPie and I like here.
  • The number of museums and breweries around here is incredible. Buffalo is finally starting to catch up on breweries, though.

Now, these examples aren't going to appeal to everyone, but saying Buffalo has everything a big city has is disingenuous.

Gotta agree with Aud and Pie here.  The glam difference is huge and the choices are vastly greater in TO.

But I'd really like to know what you can do in Milwaukee that you can't do in Toronto (or Buffalo for that matter).  

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Gotta agree with Aud and Pie here.  The glam difference is huge and the choices are vastly greater in TO.

But I'd really like to know what you can do in Milwaukee that you can't do in Toronto (or Buffalo for that matter).

Ever heard of cheese?

Joking aside, the “what can you do elsewhere that you can’t do here” argument means absolutely nothing. It’s about how well it is done and there aren’t a ton of things Buffalo universally does better than other cities.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It's a fair question/point.

A couple of quick examples.

From a music standpoint, there are probably ~6 shows a year that I would love to attend, but can't/don't because the artist or band has a show in Toronto on a Tuesday night, or whatever.

From a food standpoint, my wife and I love Korean food. Silly for it. Kicking around in Koreatown in Toronto is something we enjoy doing together. There are some Korean food options here in Buffalo, but it's not the same in quantity or quality.

Just now, Hoss said:

Ever heard of cheese?

Joking aside, the “what can you do elsewhere that you can’t do here” argument means absolutely nothing. It’s about how well it is done and there aren’t a ton of things Buffalo universally does better than other cities.

I agree with your last sentence but I don't think there's a lot that Milwaukee does better than other cities, either!

As someone who just left Buffalo for Charlotte there are a lot of things Buffalo does better. Food is the obvious one. The food here isn’t great. The people of Buffalo are also more genuine from my experiences so far. But the weather is still exponentially better to this point and for me that’s a huge difference maker. For others it may not be.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

As someone who just left Buffalo for Charlotte there are a lot of things Buffalo does better. Food is the obvious one. The food here isn’t great. The people of Buffalo are also more genuine from my experiences so far. But the weather is still exponentially better to this point and for me that’s a huge difference maker. For others it may not be.

Are you a fish fry person? I’d be curious to see if they’re as bad in Charlotte as they are in Raleigh. They don’t quite understand that it’s supposed to be crispy and not a soggy mess. 

24 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Have you gotten your first "bless your heart" yet?

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Are you a fish fry person? I’d be curious to see if they’re as bad in Charlotte as they are in Raleigh. They don’t quite understand that it’s supposed to be crispy and not a soggy mess. 

I’ve never had one. Planned to do it in Buffalo and never got to it.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Have you gotten your first "bless your heart" yet?

Yes, in Western New York lol but haven’t gotten it here yet.

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

Examples:

I agree with everything in this post except the use of the bolded word, which (hopefully this was not your intent) connotes intentional misleading.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

From a food standpoint, my wife and I love Korean food. Silly for it. Kicking around in Koreatown in Toronto is something we enjoy doing together. There are some Korean food options here in Buffalo, but it's not the same in quantity or quality.

I freaking love Korean BBQ. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I agree with everything in this post except the use of the bolded word, which (hopefully this was not your intent) connotes intentional misleading.

That's fair, it's not what I intended. Mistaken is probably more accurate.

20 hours ago, Hoss said:

It’s why I never returned after going to law school in Atlanta.  

The food here also sucked when I first got here 30 years ago, but now the restaurant scene is really excellent.  

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s why I never returned after going to law school in Atlanta.  

The food here also sucked when I first got here 30 years ago, but now the restaurant scene is really excellent.  

I’ll be in Atlanta visiting a friend later this week actually.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, Eleven said:

Glam factor??? what>??? accidentally running into a canadian rapper??? Yonge street just oozes with so much excitement?--its a myth

On 3/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, MattPie said:

Examples:

those poor athletes not having their museum and vegan restaurant choices....--one thing--and its a big thing that does give toronto an advantage  is the larger 'press'....But in this age that is becoming less important because of alternatives.

Edited by calti