Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

9 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The Chiefs offense has been on the field for 2 drives through a quarter and a half. I'd call that getting dominated. 

So far.

3 drives and 14 points. So efficiently dangerous. 
But call me crazy, I don’t know if I’d play much single safety against the Chiefs offense. That TD was too easy. 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

3 drives and 14 points. So efficiently dangerous. 
But call me crazy, I don’t know if I’d play much single safety against the Chiefs offense. That TD was too easy. 

Vs 4 drives and 17 points though. And a whole lotta clock.

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It’s a your mileage may scenario. If you can grind them down on defense and close them out, all the better. 
But if they have time they’re so efficient. (And poor tackling  doesn’t help, yikes.)

The Titans whole game plan has to be to keep running the clock because...whelp, Mahomes...jeeeez.

59 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The Titans whole game plan has to be to keep running the clock because...whelp, Mahomes...jeeeez.

The Titans had them in a bind --- about 4 minutes left in the first half and with the lead. But they went 3-and-out including two early runs. And instead of grinding the Chiefs down (and... maybe getting a field goal to close the half), it was a Chiefs TD to close out the half. That was the drive. And... once Henry isn't part of the game plan it's not much of a plan.

The one thing about the pass-wacky team, if you can rush with 4 and cover just long enough to create chaos... you can beat them. The Giants beat a 16-0 Pats team and a 15-1 Packers team by just rushing 4 (and the Patriots again). But if you're balanced and wear down their pass-rushers they're not nearly so effective.

The 49ers DL is all 1st rounders with pass-rush proficiency. They're designed to beat a team like the Chiefs. That's not to say that's what will happen. But they're at the least designed for it.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

49ers DL is all 1st rounders with pass-rush proficiency. They're designed to beat a team like the Chiefs. That's not to say that's what will happen. But they're at the least designed for it.

Well they're designed to beat the Packers pretty well, so far.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Kyle Shanahan is amazing. Offensive mastermind. The way the 49ers use motion and alignments to open up giant running lanes is amazing. And that's with a mediocre QB! 

He's (Jimmy G) what my friends would call "wicked average!"

I was hoping the Packers would at least make a game of it in the rematch, what with Bulaga not hurt. But going small up front against the best rushing offense in the league (staying in nickel!) seems like it was not the best of game plans. I mean -- that's garbage planning. I didn't realize Mostert was the second coming of ... name your greatest running back ever. The Packers Viked it, right down to the snap-fumble on the only promising drive of the first half.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Just got done blocking everyone on my Twitter feed that mentioned the Bills and Mahomes in the same tweet.  I've never felt better.  

I had forgotten about that draft day swap.  Thanks.  

Still McBeane did ok. 

2017 Tre White, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano

2018 Josh Allen, Tre Edmunds, Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal

2019 Ed Oliver, Cody Ford, Devin Singletary, Dawson Knox, plus the next 4 guys are still on the roster.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:45 PM, ubkev said:

He's (Jimmy G) what my friends would call "wicked average!"

Even if he doesn't have all that much to do with it, I'm still going to enjoy the fact that while he's in the superbowl, Brady will have been sitting at home for almost a month.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Any thoughts on Bills draft strategy?

1st - DE?

2nd - Tall WR?

1st-4th: best offensive player that isn't a RB

5th-7th: best offensive player 

I'm only kinda joking. A DE is definitely a position that could be upgraded, and it's a real need if they don't re-sign Shaq. CB depth could be improved, as could OLB. But holy hell, if I go through another season of "you can't evaluate Josh because he doesn't have enough help" I may spontaneously combust. 

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Any thoughts on Bills draft strategy?

1st - DE?

2nd - Tall WR?

Unless as absolute stud at another position falls to 22, that has to be the way they're planning on going.  Edge rusher and WR1 are the 2 most glaring holes and it appears this draft is ridiculously deep at WR.

24 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

1st-4th: best offensive player that isn't a RB

5th-7th: best offensive player 

I'm only kinda joking. A DE is definitely a position that could be upgraded, and it's a real need if they don't re-sign Shaq. CB depth could be improved, as could OLB. But holy hell, if I go through another season of "you can't evaluate Josh because he doesn't have enough help" I may spontaneously combust. 

Don’t we actually need another RB.  Yeldon and Gore are likely gone.  Therefore who is left after Singletary?  We found Singletary in the 3rd. Why not try to find another back there?