Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The only thing Adams is better at than Hyde is hitting. He's notably worse in coverage. Not sure why you'd want to go there in this era. As far as Bell goes...why? Singletary is really good and dirt cheap. If you're going to pay Bell to essentially be a receiving threat...why not just get a real receiver? 

I disagree on Adams coverage, he's as equal as Hyde, and he has better hands imo. But I do agree his closure on angles to the ball carrier make him a better tackler.

Just looking to upgrade without having to expend a great deal is all. As for Bell/Singletary, I don't view Singletary as successful as Bell at gap explosiveness, although, I will concede Bell should be more consistent then he is at it.

In any event, just some ramblings after looking at where minor upgrades can be potentially made is all.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, Marchand'sNose said:

In fact, the Titans largely followed what Frazier's defense did to Jackson a month ago. 

Having said that...Lamar Jackson is loaded with talent, works really hard, and is well-coached. So it would probably be a stretch to say he's been "figured out" 

Agreed and agreed. I think it's fair to say that the Bills DC and D did an even better job than the Titans did. So, we'll see how he responds.

It's funny. I heard Warren Sharp talking about how there was a "book" out on Mahomes and how the way to beat him is based in heavy man-coverage (and some other nuances, obviously). Something about how the Colts showed how it was done in a playoff game (last year?) and how some other teams had replicated it. Then when the Texans got up big, I thought to myself: Man, maybe it's true? Ha. Hold the phone.

Anyhoo, I am rambling. Mahomes is a much more complete QB than Jackson. Making all the throws and such. Jackson is obviously an insanely dynamic athlete, and a good (not great) passer. It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Edited by That Aud Smell

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Please please please don't draft Tee Higgins.  So much better value thought the 2nd and 3rd rounds and frankly I don't really like his game. I thought all of LSUs receivers were better in the chip. 

I share these feelings. The only WRs I'd take in round 1 will be long gone by 22. I want this offseason to be almost entirely an offensive focus, but I saw a mock draft that had AJ Epenesa falling to Buffalo, and we desperately need an edge presence as Shaq may leave and Jerry is only getting older (and still not drawing any holding flags). So if a DE was BPA at 22 (or one of the crazy good linebackers falls for some reason) I wouldn't mind as long as we identified a good WR to take in the next round or two. Hell, take two of them.

Find another OL, especially if Spain leaves. 
Draft a guy that complements Singletary. 
Cut Kroft and sign Hooper. 
Bring in a WR like Perriman (who looks damn good to me, but overshadowed by Godwin and Evans on that roster).

Super bowl!! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

If the Superbowl winds up being Packers-Chiefs, they should pull some strings and make it the last one ever.

That matchup, for all of the history on the NFL's 100th anniversary and for just the players themselves, is the NFL's wet dream

Edited by WildCard

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That matchup, for all of the history on the NFL's 100th anniversary and for just the players themselves, is the NFL's wet dream

I think ideally it'd be the Browns or Steelers if you're going for history, since the other old NFL teams are all NFC.

58 minutes ago, shrader said:

If the Superbowl winds up being Packers-Chiefs, they should pull some strings and make it the last one ever.

53 minutes ago, WildCard said:

26 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think ideally it'd be the Browns or Steelers if you're going for history, since the other old NFL teams are all NFC.

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Packers - Chiefs was the first ever Super Bowl

The league would not want either of these matchups from a ratings perspective. Packers Chiefs?  It's one tiny Alice of America that most of rest doesn't care about.  

On 1/17/2020 at 10:38 AM, inkman said:

The league would not want either of these matchups from a ratings perspective. Packers Chiefs?  It's one tiny Alice of America that most of rest doesn't care about.  

The league has to want SF - KC. Mahomes vs. the all-around NFC juggernaut. Sure, they would be happy for the Mahomes/Rodgers or Super Bowl I angle, but the point spread of KC-GB would be in the neighborhood of 14.5.

Caveat: I'm an unapologetic Packers fan, so take everything I say with a grain of sand.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Can someone fill me in on the niece joke, while ink thinks about filling in the niece?

There is a Twitter handle claiming to be Carlos Beltran's niece. They had his hiring by the Mets 3 days before anyone else. They had his firing 3 days before anyone else and they are claiming that Astros players and 1 Yankees player were wearing electronic devices under their clothes to signal what pitch was coming.