Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

19 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

On the one hand, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the franchise and fanbase that worships Ray Lewis get absolutely beat down. On the other hand, I'm sad we won't see more Lamar this year because he's (usually) so fun to watch.

I was so busy helping my best friend/wife in the kitchen prepping meals for much of this month that I didn't even take the time to catch up on yesterday's games. So, when I finally had the time, I looked this afternoon at around lunch time. WOW! I was shocked to see that Tennessee beat Baltimore.

I'll be even more surprised if they defeat Kansas City next week.

Edited by Crosschecking
spelling

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Now, consider the Bills offense and how far behind it still is. Houston has a terrible defense and Buffalo still failed. We need 2 offensive linemen and a wr still. 

It sounds like since we lost Lorenzo Alexander to retirement that he didn't leave a big hole behind. Is that a correct assessment?

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Now, consider the Bills offense and how far behind it still is. Houston has a terrible defense and Buffalo still failed. We need 2 offensive linemen and a wr still. 

Which 2 linemen? I see RT as a need, but the rest of them are fine (assuming we retain Spain). Not great, but fine. Give me a RT, 2 WRs, a TE, and a RB. 

19 hours ago, WildCard said:

Lamar got figured out, won't be the first time 

He didn't get figured out.  His own damn coach tried to turn him into something that he isn't for at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the game.  Lamar will never be a 'pocket' passer.  At least, not anytime soon.

Seems like coachy was afraid that he would get hurt and they could not risk that with the AFC Championship and the SB coming up.

Seattle demonstrating why game management matters in big moments when the competition is tight. Their last drive had zero urgency at all, and left the Packers with a situation where they could drain the clock with only a couple first downs. Had Seattle hustled and taken less time, they'd have a shot at another possession. Or they could have planned all along to go for it on 4th. In any event, Pete Carroll minimized their chances. Good job, coach! 

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Andy Reid will never have a better shot at making a SB. They're easily the team I'm rooting for 

Tyreek Hill can get hit by a bus tho of course 

Why are you rooting for them?  They seem like a bunch of pretentious *****.  

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Which 2 linemen? I see RT as a need, but the rest of them are fine (assuming we retain Spain). Not great, but fine. Give me a RT, 2 WRs, a TE, and a RB. 

I would want an additional LT or LG depending on what is available for depth and because there were times we had issues there. I want the line upgraded as much as possible. I am looking at Guard a little more. 

Ford needs to be moved to guard and they definitely need a RT. 

Edited by LGR4GM

13 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

He didn't get figured out.  His own damn coach tried to turn him into something that he isn't for at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the game.  Lamar will never be a 'pocket' passer.  At least, not anytime soon.

Seems like coachy was afraid that he would get hurt and they could not risk that with the AFC Championship and the SB coming up.

The problem with this line of thinking is that the Ravens didn't play football in a vacuum on Saturday; there was a defense lined up opposite Jackson that was scheming to neutralize his strengths. In fact, the Titans largely followed what Frazier's defense did to Jackson a month ago. At the professional level of football, you either learn from your losses and adjust or be left behind.

Having said that...Lamar Jackson is loaded with talent, works really hard, and is well-coached. So it would probably be a stretch to say he's been "figured out" and is now destined to follow a career trajectory similar to Kaepernick. I also absolutely hate it when people make definitive career statements about very young QB's - especially ones coming out of college like Jackson (and Allen) - when they're still developing and learning the hardest position to play in all of team sports.

19 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm legit disturbed by the lack of JJ Watt face on the Texans game coverage. I didn't think it was possible to go 30 seconds in a Texan's game without seeing his fat ugly mug at least once. 

It was consolation to see not so much his arm in a brace, but the comment that @shrader made the other day about JJ Watt resembling a beat up action figure where the arm routinely falls off. That was just absolutely hilarious!

Edited by Crosschecking
spelling

So, the crew that botched a call so badly that the real refs had to come on to the field and correct it, were awarded one of the Championship games.

That is ***** hilarious.

If I wasn't yet convinced of that game being fixed, I am now,… but I already was.

If I'm Beane, I'm going hard after Jamal Adams SS, NYJ and, if it's possible, get Bell out of them as well. But Hyde's coming in to his final contract year, he can be moved for a recoup piece or pick. But getting Adams to slide in, a younger, stronger, better player at SS without having to use a draft pick next year, yea, I'm all for that.

BTW, I know we all want to see the Bills win the Super Bowl someday. I'd love to see them win it before Marv Levy dies. But, personally, I don't know if they'll be able to do it before one of my classmates from HS dies from a metastasized Stage 4 cancer. She has always bled Bills red white and blue.

Edited by Crosschecking
addendum

10 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If I'm Beane, I'm going hard after Jamal Adams SS, NYJ and, if it's possible, get Bell out of them as well. But Hyde's coming in to his final contract year, he can be moved for a recoup piece or pick. But getting Adams to slide in, a younger, stronger, better player at SS without having to use a draft pick next year, yea, I'm all for that.

The only thing Adams is better at than Hyde is hitting. He's notably worse in coverage. Not sure why you'd want to go there in this era. As far as Bell goes...why? Singletary is really good and dirt cheap. If you're going to pay Bell to essentially be a receiving threat...why not just get a real receiver? 

• Like (+1) 1