Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm not sure what Allen will or won't be, but I am sure of two things:

(1)  The team doesn't make the playoffs with some Darnold or Rosen or maybe even Mayfield or some other Joe;

(2)  He'll be better when John Brown isn't his number one receiver.

Everyone else can rejoin the *****-fest.  See you on Thursday.

Rosen clearly stinks, but looking at what Tannehill has done away from Adam Gase, it's possible Darnold might be okay (though I remain highly skeptical of him). As for Mayfield, I have no idea what happened this season other than Kitchens was clearly so in over his head I though he might actually drown on the field.

And though I certainly agree Brown isn't a #1, he was 7th among AFC WRs in yards this year in a weak passing offense. I think he's generally underappreciated just because he's not an ideal #1.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Fair and fair.

Meanwhile, Mike Vrabel punting from the NE 37 because he doesn't want to win.

I'm shaking my head, conservative coaching across the board today. 

That fumble hurt. 

Watching belichik get po'd over rules techanalities is hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm shaking my head, conservative coaching across the board today. 

That fumble hurt. 

Watching belichik get po'd over rules techanalities is hilarious. 

It took NE 2 plays to get to where they'd have started if TEN went for it and failed. I can't freaking believe Vrabel punted.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It took NE 2 plays to get to where they'd have started if TEN went for it and failed. I can't freaking believe Vrabel punted.

Turn of events, cmon Tennessee (who woulda thunk I'd ever say that) NE losing, if it holds makes me feel better about today, but also somehow worse 

After the Bills game, I honestly thought I'd be emotionless if the Pats lost. A hollow victory. Nope, it's still a nice pick-me-up.

Can Brady's career possibly end on back-to-back home losses to a team that tried to tank and the freaking Tannehill-led Titans? I don't think so. I mean, I so hope it does, but dude is too competitive to go out that way.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

After the Bills game, I honestly thought I'd be emotionless if the Pats lost. A hollow victory. Nope, it's still a nice pick-me-up.

Can Brady's career possibly end on back-to-back home losses to a team that tried to tank and the freaking Tannehill-led Titans? I don't think so. I mean, I so hope it does, but dude is too competitive to go out that way.

He probably should of called it a day after the Super Bowl.  His skills are clearly eroded and the magic is gone.  Father time is a ruthless opponent.

Edited by Gatorman0519

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He probably should of called it a day after the Super Bowl.  His skills are clearly eroded and the magic is gone.  Father time is ruthless.

I agree. I just don't think he walks away like this. I think he'd be more likely to retire if they had missed the playoffs entirely than after the last two weeks.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

On the other hand, if he does retire, the Bills should open betting as favorites for the division.

Brady retires. Bucs walk away from Jameis. Bill teaches him how to throw balls to guys wearing the same color jersey as him. 

<shudder>

32 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pretty GD fun game to watch.

Josh Allen is a joy to watch. Anyone blaming him for this loss is a moron.

We need a real #1 receiver.

Dabol is garbage.

Just tackle someone, anyone.

We’re close.

Agree with all this except not convinced Daboll is trash.

1 thing nobody has mentioned about this game is that had they won, Drane would have actually nailed a prophecy.  Not sure that this team had quite the horses to overcome that sort of baggage.  ?

Interesting discussion on ESPN, the rules as written have the bills getting that opening half TD, rules state, the player must go to the ground/take a knee AND, not appear to advance the ball, not or.

Though common sense looks otherwise, we technically got screwed. 

They use the example, if the end of the game, you are in victory formation, the QB gets the snap and just hands the ball to the official without kneeling, it's a live ball. Same applies here, he needed to kneel. 

The head official was correct in the initial call, and the other that ran onto the field changed his mind is what's being reported. 

Not that this is the reason we lost, but a TD there and the game is different. 

Officials aren't allowed to guess players' intent, which is what they did there. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Interesting discussion on ESPN, the rules as written have the bills getting that opening half TD, rules state, the player must go to the ground/take a knee AND, not appear to advance the ball, not or.

Though common sense looks otherwise, we technically got screwed. 

They use the example, if the end of the game, you are in victory formation, the QB gets the snap and just hands the ball to the official without kneeling, it's a live ball. Same applies here, he needed to kneel. 

The head official was correct in the initial call, and the other that ran onto the field changed his mind is what's being reported. 

Not that this is the reason we lost, but a TD there and the game is different. 

Officials aren't allowed to guess players' intent, which is what they did there. 

I didn't want that touchdown.

It was an entertaining game. I enjoyed it.

Was hoping they'd pull it out, but they did show me they are truly some experience and a couple pieces away from taking that next step. I think the Bills are definitely on the right path here. Allen Will be a year wiser next season, and very optimistic they'll have collected a couple of needed weapons for him. The defense is still young and should only get better as well.

Disappointed they lost? Sure, hey, I'm a fan. But very optimistic and upbeat about their future.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I agree with this, if the ref on the field makes the call. The alternate referees running onto the field to overrule the officials working the game, however, does not sit well with me.

Common sense says we don't deserve that touchdown, I'm partially with eleven, as that's a pretty bogus way to score. 

But just like the 99 finals, as silly as the rules are, it's the rule and we should have been up another TD there. 

• Like (+1) 1