Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Just now, GoPre said:

Oh boy oh boy.  Through the turnover on downs it would have played out the exact same.  A time-out was a must have w/ as little time that remained after the turnover.

Samson’s wife made a good point.  

...That is such an absurd comment to make, I can't even believe I'm reading it.

You do understand that the exact same plays would have to have been called, the same tackles broken, passes thrown, balls dropped, clock stopped...literally EVERYTHING?  I mean, this is quite literally impossible.

26 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

...That is such an absurd comment to make, I can't even believe I'm reading it.

You do understand that the exact same plays would have to have been called, the same tackles broken, passes thrown, balls dropped, clock stopped...literally EVERYTHING?  I mean, this is quite literally impossible.

Dude - You are overthinking.  Between the no challenge and the turnover downs a lot of time did not pass.  Very little would have been different.  The timeout was critical.  When very little time passes,  very little can be different.  

7 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Dude - You are overthinking.  Between the no challenge and the turnover downs a lot of time did not pass.  Very little would have been different.  The timeout was critical.  When very little time passes,  very little can be different.  

Dude, you're underthinking.  It's quite literally impossible for the exact same thing to have happened.

24 minutes ago, Ogre said:

As I sit here with my BIL from Boston and he is forced to acknowledge the officiating mistakes it becomes obvious to me that the refs took this one.

???

I feel pretty good after this one. It was fun, first of all. We had good Josh and bad Josh, good McDermott and bad McDermott, drama, and a few big plays. Our defense didn't play very well as a whole but we were right there at the end. In New England. I'd have preferred a win, of course, but we can absolutely win a playoff game against Houston. 

I get that a win vs. NE would have been rather cathartic, but NE wasn't losing to Miami at home next week with the division actually on the line.  Even if BUF pulls out the win today, they still have issues on run defense, JA's accuracy, etc, and they still finish 2nd to NE in the division anyway.

That said, this season they were literally < 20 additional pts away from winning the division before the opening coin flip today.  Truly an amazing turnaround for this franchise, hopefully this continues for a while. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, thenow76 said:

Truly an amazing turnaround for this franchise, hopefully this continues for a while.

It was really eye opening for me to sit with a Pats fan and watch this. He was just as anxious about the outcome as I was and unlike me, he screamed at his qb and lamented how badly he sucks....he was even more anxious when he tried to come up with a path to future success without Brady. I’m sure to ask him a lot of questions too. I really want him to think deeply about all of this....these Pats fans are going to have a really hard time when the losing comes their way.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ogre said:

It was really eye opening for me to sit with a Pats fan and watch this. He was just as anxious about the outcome as I was and unlike me, he screamed at his qb and lamented how badly he sucks....he was even more anxious when he tried to come up with a path to future success without Brady. I’m sure to ask him a lot of questions too. I really want him to think deeply about all of this....these Pats fans are going to have a really hard time when the losing comes their way.

Super cool that it started tonight. Oh wait.  

I'm just gonna avoid all Bills things from here on out. The amount of people poking the bear saying got was the Bills time was beyond nauseating.  

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Super cool that it started tonight. Oh wait.  

I'm just gonna avoid all Bills things from here on out. The amount of people poking the bear saying got was the Bills time was beyond nauseating.  

No one that’s going to be left in the AFC is going to beat the Ravens. Not even the Pats. These chowder heads are ready to string up Brady. They’re praying he retires and the Pats pick up Newton....it’s funny...I know a lot of folks from Boston that suddenly try to steer the conversation away from football....They don’t like to admit that they have more Bills on their fantasy than Pats....

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

No one that’s going to be left in the AFC is going to beat the Ravens. Not even the Pats. These chowder heads are ready to string up Brady. They’re praying he retires and the Pats pick up Newton....it’s funny...I know a lot of folks from Boston that suddenly try to steer the conversation away from football....They don’t like to admit that they have more Bills on their fantasy than Pats....

Lasr I checked the Bills lost today. Maybe I need some other metrics. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

@SwampD, I am starting to come over to your "dark side."  It seemed fixed when the Bills played them here, and it seemed so again tonight.

Grounding, not called. At least three times.

Defensive holding, not called.

I don't even get upset any more. Truly. 

And forget about offensive PI getting called on them. The NFL is big business. 

Bills, find a way to sell tickets and you will get the calls.

Ftr, I didn't see the game today. I was enjoying the holidays with friends.

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

@SwampD, I am starting to come over to your "dark side."  It seemed fixed when the Bills played them here, and it seemed so again tonight.

Grounding, not called. At least three times.

Defensive holding, not called.

Dan Marino used to be able to intentionally ground the ball at will with impunity.  I think certain players obtain a status where the official's line for calling the penalty is moved, even so slightly, in the favor of the player.

Why no face mask on the 4 and 1.  There is zero question that the officials and the NFL in general give the Pats, their cheating coach and Chinese food obsessed owner every break.

That said you must find away to beat the King to become the King.  Allen and the Bills aren’t there yet.  Our run defense must be improved, our receiving corps must be improved.  We need better TEs and more depth at RB.  We also need our QB to learn to pass consistently.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why no face mask on the 4 and 1.  There is zero question that the officials and the NFL in general give the Pats, their cheating coach and Chinese food obsessed owner every break.

Imagine if Alan hadn't picked up the 1st down with his second (third? fourth?) effort ....

nuclear explosion GIF