Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yesh.  I weighed the philosophical and social implications of escalating the discussion about the discussion to another discussion and unwisely posted anyway.

It's because escalating something means it rises, and to indicate something is rising you would typically point an index finger vertically in the air, which, of course, is anathema to a select group of people.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yesh.  I weighed the philosophical and social implications of escalating the discussion about the discussion to another discussion and unwisely posted anyway.

continue pulp fiction GIF

16 minutes ago, ... said:

It's because escalating something means it rises, and to indicate something is rising you would typically point an index finger vertically in the air, which, of course, is anathema to a select group of people.

I don't know about you, but after Buffalo sports plays, I tend to point down.

• Haha (+1) 1

While it's still highly unlikely that we take the division from the Patriots with a win (we'd still need Miami to pull off a miracle (and the Bills need to beat the Jets)), I sure would love to knock them down a seed and force them to play an extra game.  And you never know; Miami has as many wins against Brady as the the Jets and Bills combined.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Stolen from TBD ...  echoing @That Aud Smell ...  I love this guy.  One of the things I like about The Bills and Trust the Process is that the slogan isn’t cover for “lose your individuality and become a robot” ...

He's just so happy.  How is that not anything but wonderful?  What a good dude.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I would have needed to buy like four different things to watch every Bills game in Oklahoma legally 

I was able to watch every Bills game in Oklahoma legally over 20 years ago.  There was no streaming then.  There was hardly NFL on cable then.  I can't possibly imagine that it has become more difficult. 

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm ok with this, I guess?  Edmunds and Singletary should have been on the edge of making it, but maybe not in.

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's a little hard to believe that not one other D on arguably the top 3 D in the AFC didn't deserve a slot.

I know where you're coming from, but I just can't care about these types of accolades.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's a little hard to believe that not one other D on arguably the top 3 D in the AFC didn't deserve a slot.

True.  But, except for White, this did seem to be very much a "no name" defense.

With a strong showing in the playoffs, there are several guys that should make a case to be talked about a lot more next year - primarily Hyde, Milano, Edmunds, and possibly Poyer, Oliver, Phillips (both if Harry fully recovers from injury), and Hughes.

There was a preseason argument in this thread about the Bills needing to pass more to be successful. Well, the Bills pass the 28th most (by percentage of their offensive plays) out of any team in the league. Here are the teams behind them:

28.Buffalo 53.32%|
29.Seattle 53.22%
30.San Francisco 50.33%
31.Minnesota 50.11%
32.Baltimore 44.65%

Their records are:
28) 10-4
29) 11-3
30) 11-3
31) 10-4
32) 12-2 
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thought the Bills fans might want to see this.  I found these autographs in my Mom's papers.  This looks like the sign in roster for the 1949 Buffalo Bills staring George Ratterman (formerly of Notre Dame) as QB.  

It took me a while to figure out which year, but Ollie Cline's only year in Buffalo was 1949.  Chet "Little Squirt" Mutryn was the star leading the team with 696 yards rushing (5 TDs) and Ollie Cline was 2nd with 518 yards.

1949 Buffalo Bills AAFC_000211.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Stolen from TBD ...  echoing @That Aud Smell ...  I love this guy.  One of the things I like about The Bills and Trust the Process is that the slogan isn’t cover for “lose your individuality and become a robot” ...

I love it.

I posit that Buffalo’s never had a pro athlete with White’s combination of on-field excellence and charisma/personality. He’s well on his way to being my 2nd favourite Bill ever (Thurm’s always gonna be #1).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

There was a preseason argument in this thread about the Bills needing to pass more to be successful. Well, the Bills pass the 28th most (by percentage of their offensive plays) out of any team in the league. Here are the teams behind them:

28.Buffalo 53.32%|
29.Seattle 53.22%
30.San Francisco 50.33%
31.Minnesota 50.11%
32.Baltimore 44.65%

Their records are:
28) 10-4
29) 11-3
30) 11-3
31) 10-4
32) 12-2 

This is fascinating.

18 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is fascinating.

Only to the subset of fans who have convinced themselves that the only way to win in the NFL is to have a passing offense that regularly surpasses 300 yards/game with a 70% completion percentage. I call them the "flag football" fans because that's what they want to see the entire league turn into. The rest of us who follow pro football know that a strong running game and a dominant defense will never go out of style. You'll find more of us in NFL cities on this list (https://weather.com/news/news/2019-09-12-nfl-worst-weather-cities).