Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So we're 10-4 about to play for the division against the Pats and everyone's just gonna circle jerk about some ***** huh? Take your mushy cookie elsewhere *****

Spoiler alert:

The Patriots will cheat, they'll win, and they'll get a slap on the wrist from the league. Rinse and repeat for another 20 year until Belichick retires or dies.

Just now, Drunkard said:

Spoiler alert:

The Patriots will cheat, they'll win, and they'll get a slap on the wrist from the league. Rinse and repeat for another 20 year until Belichick retires or dies.

They'll probably win, yeah. I'm much more interested in seeing how Allen fairs the 2nd time around

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They'll probably win, yeah. I'm much more interested in seeing how Allen fairs the 2nd time around

Bold prediction:  BILLS WIN.

Edited by Doohickie
For the record, I called the second Tre White interception Sunday night. I have witnesses.

56 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I'm a heathen as well, but that's better than a hypocrite like McDermott. When all the stories came out about his chaplains and prayer circles, coupled with him strutting around like a poser in all his camouflage clothing, I did my part to take jabs at it and point out his nonsense. Kind of tough to take a pro gun, pro war stance while claiming to worship the guy who preached turn the other cheek, but maybe that's just me. Yeah it's off topic but so much of what gets posted on these and every other board runs off topic from time to time. I haven't been giving McDermott crap as much lately, but that's because I haven't been watching, not because the Bills have suddenly been winning. Otherwise I'd still be crapping all over his bible in one hand, rifle in the other schtick which is a cross between laughable and puke inducing.

I remember being 17, enthralled with the worldview of dorm room atheists

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm too lazy to explore their math, but I have a hard time picturing how a potential second round matchup can be more likely than a first round matchup.  The Bills are essentially locked into the first wild card.  New England is basically locked into 2 or 3.  Everyone else has a better chance of moving around a bit.  I guess there's enough of a chance that the Texans could either jump over KC or fall behind Tennessee (don't know the tie breaker there).

6 minutes ago, Lanny said:

as the 3 seed, if the Chiefs win they're guaranteed to play the 2 seed (Patriots). So essentially it's saying the Chiefs have a 75% chance of beating whoever ends up being the 6 seed. 

Likewise if the Chiefs move into 2 and the Patriots slide to 3.

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't see why discussion of a football coach's overt religious displays needs to be put in an Al Gore Lockbox 2000™. It's not hard to ignore discussions on here. We all do it every day. Things that bore us, for example. Throwing a little hissy fit in order to shut down legitimate sports talk, I don't get it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lanny said:

as the 3 seed, if the Chiefs win they're guaranteed to play the 2 seed (Patriots). So essentially it's saying the Chiefs have a 75% chance of beating whoever ends up being the 6 seed. 

Right, but they can also fall to the 4 seed.  The Texans beat them so they hold the tie breaker.  I realize we're only dealing with 15 here, but I'm surprised that adding in that one extra week of playoff games leads to a more likely scenario.  I guess there's just enough wiggle room to get the Texans out of the 4th seed.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

A post script regarding the Steelers and their Renegade song tradition: It's fun and all that they do that (and the song does rawk for a stadium), but when I watched YouTube clips of Renegades at Heinz Field, I thought about how much cooler it would be if the fans audibly sang along.

I have no love for the SEC, Florida, or, for that matter, Tom Petty, but this is cooler than the Steelers Renegade.

Cool. Don't they know how many advertising messages they could have crammed into those three minutes? Fools! I was going to say something like this is exactly what's missing in that dull interval before opening faceoffs at the arena, but it would never in a million years be possible. Dr. Todd Shackty's FlossCam show must go on! (And don't even give me grief about the spelling.)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't see why discussion of a football coach's overt religious displays needs to be put in an Al Gore Lockbox 2000™. It's not hard to ignore discussions on here. We all do it every day. Things that bore us, for example. Throwing a little hissy fit in order to shut down legitimate sports talk, I don't get it.

"Legitimate sports talk" is a bit of a stretch. I find it no more legit than discussing the content of goal celebrations.

The discussions are fine.  It's one poster who regularly chooses to openly mock the subject that leads to the issues.  The rest I'd say has been a respectful conversation.

It's not legitimate sports talk. It's the furthest thing from importance possible while holding the smallest tenable relevance. It completely bogs down and pisses off everyone else trying to discuss the best season the Bills have had in literally 20 years.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's gone way beyond MCDermott's "displays," if those even are a thing; there already is a thread for it; and no one is throwing a hissy fit.

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's not legitimate sports talk. It's the furthest thing from importance possible while holding the smallest tenable relevance. It completely bogs down and pisses off everyone else trying to discuss the best season the Bills have had in literally 20 years.

YOU bog it down. Let others discuss it. You go on with the blitz packages and all that. To be clear, you and others bog it down with the clear intent of getting it shut down. Dive much?

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, Taro T said:

Pretty optimistic about McDermott & Beane or does week 17 fall after NYD this season?  (Based off thread title.)

On 2/11/2019 at 9:01 PM, WildCard said:

Playoffs ?

On 2/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, Taro T said:

PLAYOFFS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh and @Taro T, from the start of this thread, I can finally respond:

Btw this guy has a pretty cool story: apparently some little kid was doing the interview and struggling, so he stepped in and just starting being a maniac. He was thought dead for awhile, but recently re-appeared on Thanksgiving after Dallas finally did indeed go down

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/buffalo-bills-superfan-marc-miller-shows-up-on-twitter-after-dallas-went-down-watch.html

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

YOU bog it down. Let others discuss it. You go on with the blitz packages and all that. To be clear, you and others bog it down with the clear intent of getting it shut down. Dive much?

Man, how insane of me to talk about blitz packages in a football thread. Just an absolutely preposterous move and completely off topic.

You're right, let's talk about our coaches religious views and if his prayer group dictates those instead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Btw this guy has a pretty cool story: apparently some little kid was doing the interview and struggling, so he stepped in and just starting being a maniac. He was thought dead for awhile, but recently re-appeared on Thanksgiving after Dallas finally did indeed go down

They played it on the screens at the stadium during the Ravens game, I think. I remember catching it during the broadcast and getting a chuckle.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Oh and @Taro T, from the start of this thread, I can finally respond:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/buffalo-bills-superfan-marc-miller-shows-up-on-twitter-after-dallas-went-down-watch.html

Man, how insane of me to talk about blitz packages in a football thread. Just an absolutely preposterous move and completely off topic.

You're right, let's talk about our coaches religious views and if his prayer group dictates those instead.

It wasn't snark. Talk about blitzes.

^Resurgance Brewing made a beer with this guys face on the can, i think it was called "Dallas is going down" 

https://untappd.com/b/resurgence-brewing-company-dallas-is-going-down-gary/3538671

Pretty amazing you can have a video clip of yourself ranting about a football game in 199-whatever pop up 25 years later on a beer can.

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

^Resurgance Brewing made a beer with this guys face on the can, i think it was called "Dallas is going down" 

https://untappd.com/b/resurgence-brewing-company-dallas-is-going-down-gary/3538671

Pretty amazing you can have a video clip of yourself ranting about a football game in 199-whatever pop up 25 years later on a beer can.

They did, and he was very unhappy with it because they never contacted him; he doesn't even drink alcohol. Same with the Bills using his likeness as well