Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Just now, WildCard said:

We're 10-4 man with a shot at the division next week. In decades of toiling in Buffalo futility, just enjoy it for once 

I am! Did you read the thread? I just don't need SDS' patented drive by nonsense. The offense is bad, it's bad because of organizational choices, and there's a very good chance it costs us. 

That said, we can totally beat any AFC south scrubs. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And the first time we made the playoffs in this run we scored...*checks notes*...3 points. 

It's 2019 in a cap league where elite defenses can be held together for a couple of years before contracts break it all up. The league is built for offenses to win, and the teams with the best offenses win over a longer period than those with defenses. Because one player on offense means a lot more than one player on defense. I think they built the team backwards. If Allen becomes one if the greats it won't matter, but he's sure not there yet. 

Would you rather be the Chiefs or the Bills right now? The baseline shouldn't be two decades of complete organizational ineptitude, it should be teams that win consistently over an extended period of time. 

Just. Awful. 

Or maybe we all just give a young HC and GM a ***** moment to gather themselves as they start their new careers and not expect perfect decisions from day one. Jesus, you are comparing Sean’s first couple months on the job to Andy Reid. That’s patently ridiculous. 

I am so ***** baked right now.

Went to the usual haunt, Buffalo Bros., to watch the game.  Sat with my usual friends.  Bought the usual couple of buckets of Labbatts.  Then the table next to us bought a bucket for us.  I don't know why.  Then some random guy from Newcastle, UK, who's been coming around for a few weeks, decides to buy us a bucket.  Then the shot of Buffalo Trace on the house because the Bills won.

I am so ***** baked right now.

NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!

¡¡¡VIVA LOS BILLS!!!

PLAYOFFS, BABY!

• Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside

Come inside, the show's about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell, or Earth

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside

Come inside, the show's about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell, or Earth

GOTTA SEE THE SHOW
IT'S A DYNAMO!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm all beered and whiskeyed up at the moment.

2 verbs I never saw in one sentence.  Actually in any sentence.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Now lets go beat the dang cheating Patriots and send Brady into retirement.

image.png.9a2c526a82741a370cabffb7c5bf88c9.png

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SDS said:

Just. Awful. 

Or maybe we all just give a young HC and GM a ***** moment to gather themselves as they start their new careers and not expect perfect decisions from day one. Jesus, you are comparing Sean’s first couple months on the job to Andy Reid. That’s patently ridiculous. 

Me: "I'd prefer a head coach who was more philosophically in line with the landscape of the league."

You: "OMG how dare you expect perfection from a rookie coach!" 

Talk about awful. ???

5 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tre White from the Tre White Goaltending Academy is prolly one of the best things I’ve heard in 2019. 

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1206398264230105089?s=20

I don’t know why it didn’t imbed. Too much wine tonight. Yay Bills. 

I was still finish up some work when the game was starting, but did catch that.  Cracked me up.

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And the first time we made the playoffs in this run we scored...*checks notes*...3 points. 

It's 2019 in a cap league where elite defenses can be held together for a couple of years before contracts break it all up. The league is built for offenses to win, and the teams with the best offenses win over a longer period than those with defenses. Because one player on offense means a lot more than one player on defense. I think they built the team backwards. If Allen becomes one if the greats it won't matter, but he's sure not there yet. 

Would you rather be the Chiefs or the Bills right now? The baseline shouldn't be two decades of complete organizational ineptitude, it should be teams that win consistently over an extended period of time. 

I think you are right about needing to drastically improve the offense further. 

With all that said, I am not going to say I would rather have Tre White over Mahomes because Mahomes.... but Tre White is hilarious and freaking good. At least that trade wasn't a complete bust. 

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Intellectually, this is a fair take.

Emotionally and given its timing, it's a bizarre take.

I stayed up til after 1:00 drinking some of my best Irish whiskey, refreshing Twitter every few minutes, and debating whether to drive out to Prior Aviation. My advice: Just drink it in, man.

Also: After the goalie academy bit, Tre White cemented his status in my top-10 (5?) all-time favourite pro sport athletes playing in Buffalo.