Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

12 hours ago, inkman said:

The Ravens were sending 6/7 all day.  How are 5 linemen supposed to block them?  In my eyes, it was a scheme issue. The Bills should have kept more blockers in to protect or design super quick patterns. 

I’m no football coach, but I think the problem is that the Bills can’t make you pay “fast” when seven are coming.  Needed, big fast slot guy.  I wanted Duke Williams.  I would’ve loved Duke on that last play.  All due respect to John Brown.  Maybe I over value Duke.

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I love this guy.

Kid’s fun.

21 hours ago, WildCard said:

Yeah I could not understand how that continued all day and there was no change in the game plan. Set up some screens or quick slants or anything other than letting him drop back and get harassed 

Know what else you do?  Run the ball!  They march down the field running the ball on one series, get to the red zone, then start passing again.  Never went back to the heavy run offense again.  I was thinking, here we go, they're just going to run all day, and it's a great idea because the Ravens couldn't stop it, but then heavy pass the rest of the game which wasn't working at all.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

I read a bit about that. Something doesn't add up. The crew from New England had credentials from Cleveland? And they were in Patriots gear? Why on earth would Belichick & Co. cheat in such an obvious manner? ... Concerning the Bengals, no less! 

Not that anything will happen because its the Patriots and the NFL we're talking about here, but some of the details are starting to come out and it sounds really bad.  Basically doing the same thing using the same methods they got busted for in 2007.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Not that anything will happen because its the Patriots and the NFL we're talking about here, but some of the details are starting to come out and it sounds really bad.  Basically doing the same thing using the same methods they got busted for in 2007.

I’m seeing that too. Yeeeeah. Eeesh.

17 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It is amazing how you call every discussion that takes place on this forum that you don't care that much about "getting worked up" and "getting emotional" and "freaking out"

nobody is doing any of this, and this is a sports forum, we talk about sh*t, deal with it 

People are using superlatives and calling these things the worst coaching decisions ever.  When they are simply just a slight ballsy move that is moderately controversial only to meek feelings.

https://www.cbssports.com/g00/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2Jzc3BvcnRzLmNvbS9nMDAvP%32kxMGMudWE9MSZpMTBjLmVuY1JlZmVycmVyPWFIUj%42jSE02THk5M2QzY3VaMjl2WjJ4bExtTnZiUzglM2Q%6daTEwYy5kdj0z&i10c.dv=3

Excerpt:

According to NFL.com, the footage shows coaches signaling on the Bengals sideline. According to The Athletic, the eight-minute video shows a "direct view" of the Bengals sideline and keeps its focus there the entire time, which seems to contradict what the Patriots said in their statement. Although New England admitted that the team's video crew "inappropriately filmed the field from the press box," the Patriots also added that "the sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road."

If that was the sole purpose of the video, it's hard to imagine why they would need eight straight minutes of film from the Bengals sideline. If they were making a documentary like they said, they could have simply asked the Bengals to shoot the footage for them. Instead, they kept both the Bengals AND the NFL out of the loop when they made the decision to shoot the video.

Belichick should be banned from the NFL for life or at least for a full season the way Sean Payton did. It will never happen though because the NFL doesn't want to tarnish the last 20 years of tainted game/season results. I'm just glad I no longer spend money on their product. How many times can they get caught before the league stops letting them get away with it?

2 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

https://www.cbssports.com/g00/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2Jzc3BvcnRzLmNvbS9nMDAvP%32kxMGMudWE9MSZpMTBjLmVuY1JlZmVycmVyPWFIUj%42jSE02THk5M2QzY3VaMjl2WjJ4bExtTnZiUzglM2Q%6daTEwYy5kdj0z&i10c.dv=3

Excerpt:

According to NFL.com, the footage shows coaches signaling on the Bengals sideline. According to The Athletic, the eight-minute video shows a "direct view" of the Bengals sideline and keeps its focus there the entire time, which seems to contradict what the Patriots said in their statement. Although New England admitted that the team's video crew "inappropriately filmed the field from the press box," the Patriots also added that "the sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road."

If that was the sole purpose of the video, it's hard to imagine why they would need eight straight minutes of film from the Bengals sideline. If they were making a documentary like they said, they could have simply asked the Bengals to shoot the footage for them. Instead, they kept both the Bengals AND the NFL out of the loop when they made the decision to shoot the video.

They don't even lie about cheating anymore.?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Wasn’t there a story about the Bills not letting a film crew watch their pregame earlier this year?

I guess they were justified.

Ooooh. Yeah. Maybe not a film crew ...? But McDermott definitely lit into some people affiliated with an opposing team for some on-field pre-game shenanigans.

On 12/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, sodbuster said:

I'm gonna file this under "totally unexpected."

I'm shocked to find there is gambling in this establishment. 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, That Aud Smell said:

^

I read a bit about that. Something doesn't add up. The crew from New England had credentials from Cleveland? And they were in Patriots gear? Why on earth would Belichick & Co. cheat in such an obvious manner? ... Concerning the Bengals, no less! 

If there's one thing we've come to learn, being overtly crooked is way more acceptable to people than being covertly crooked. 

This is the third time the Belchick and Brady Pats have been caught cheating. Third! It's hard to give either of them GOAT status at this point. 

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha. It was the Pats. Steve Belichick no less.

My favorite McDermott moment so far. There's not even a close second. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm shocked to find there is gambling in this establishment. 

If there's one thing we've come to learn, being overtly crooked is way more acceptable to people than being covertly crooked. 

This is the third time the Belchick and Brady Pats have been caught cheating. Third! It's hard to give either of them GOAT status at this point. 

Hahaha great reference. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Fair deuce. The story that's since emerged makes it sound pretty shady. I did enjoy the take of contrarian media types who theorized that this was concocted by Belichick to motivate his team ("us against the world!").

I think that this is overblown. I mean, I hate that team -- and that dynamic duo -- as much as I can. But they are the best of all time.

I like it! I also enjoyed how HEATED he got when ... the Ravens? ... had too many players in the huddle but were allowed to avoid the penalty by calling a timeout (something that is not supposed to happen).

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha. It was the Pats. Steve Belichick no less.

I'm not sure I'd like to mess with McDermott.  Let me rephrase, I'm sure I would not want to mess wit McDermott.