Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Way too many cheap tickets left on stubhub. 

People can beat their chests about being proud of their cold weather, play-in-the-elements team, but they don't come to the damn games in December. It never mattered when we were bad, but it matters now.

If I see as much purple as I saw green during Eagles week, I'm going to be pissed. This game is huge. If I was in town I'd be there, and I'm more broke than anyone

Just build a dome Terry. Our main competitors in the AFC all play outside in the cold too so we don't have any tactical advantage there. Denver, KC, NE, BAL, PIT, CLE, NYJ, CIN, and so on. Meanwhile, in the biggest game in decades, our stadium is prime territory for a fan invasion because it's too cowd out for ouw wittle fingers

Plus I know we got Allen for his hand size and arm strength in the elements, but he's had some pretty damn good dome games (MIN, DAL). 

Yes, I know this is an incredibly simplistic take on the subject. No I don't care

You're absolutely right. I roll my eyes whenever someone mentions our hardcore fanbase. I sat in that stadium two years ago, surrounded by Fins fans in December with a playoff birth on the line.  

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

--Bills are going to wear that ugly Division III Color Rush stuff on Sunday.

--According to The Athletic, playoff tickets go on sale tomorrow.

The real question is.. does the color of the jersey help hide the ball on handoffs to give Allen an advantage or is it just skin color that could do that?

If you don't know what I am referring to: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28227397/49ers-suspend-radio-analyst-tim-ryan-lamar-jackson-comments

Which, honestly, I don't think are that bad and have merit.  Much like the questions of black stick tape helping hide the puck longer than white stick tape to give an advantage to shooters and so on -> https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/black-tape-vs-white-tape/c-428012

Anyway..

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, shrader said:

Do we really know whether they're traveling fans or just relocated fans?  Lately I've had the impression that in most cases, it's the latter.

I will say this regarding Buffalo fans on Thanksgiving:  Yes, there's a significant Buffalo diaspora in the DFW area, enough to support two Bills Backers bars and a small handful of non-official wannabes.  BUT the vast majority of Bills fans that went to the game on Thanksgiving were from out of town.  Oddly, I ran into more than a few that had no ties to Buffalo other than being Bills fans.

Edited by Doohickie

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I will say this regarding Buffalo fans on Thanksgiving:  Yes, there's a significant Buffalo diaspora in the DFW area, enough to support two Bills Backers bars and a small handful on non-official wannabes.  BUT the vast majority of Bills fans that went to the game on Thanksgiving were from out of town.  Oddly, I ran into more than a few that had no ties to Buffalo other than being Bills fans.

Diaspora? I've never seen that word before. Had to Google it ?

7 minutes ago, Hank said:

Diaspora? I've never seen that word before. Had to Google it ?

Mostly used in reference to the dispersion of Jewish people in Europe and around the world, but I think it applies well to people from Buffalo as well.  The other US diaspora is the one created by Hurricane Katrina that moved large numbers of people out of New Orleans and Louisiana into other states.  There are a ton of Saints fans around, probably the top non-Texan fanbase in the area.  I don't mind, it means there are lots of crawfish boils, and restaurants that make great gumbo and jambalaya.  ?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

You can say what you want about the color rush unis, but they were a part of one of the more iconic games in recent Bills history*

Yeah, and the Sabres won a President's Trophy in the slugs.  ***** is still *****.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Fun fact: all red in this game was chosen/influenced by Kim Pegula, who liked the red look in that snow game and figured this one had the potential to be like that one.

giphy.gif

BNblitz-Kim-Pegula-Bills-09-930x590.jpg 193133-200.png giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1