Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

As I have said, I have not followed the Bills much at all until last week.

From what I have read and heard Sunday afternoon is going to be a big test for both teams that are really playing very well.  Two top notch defenses, which will slug it out in what very well could be a low scoring game.  Potentially a 10 - 7 type game, especially if the weather is bad.  It could come down to the kicking game and from what I have read and heard many kickers have had a lot of issues this season.

I do have a good feeling about this one and I think the Bills will play the best game of this season in a very important game.  It will be tough, but I see the Bills winning 24 - 17.

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

I hope people are able to manage their expectations. Baltimore is the better team, we are not supposed to win this game, the season is not a failure if we lose. 

The Bills were bigger underdogs against the Cowboys.  I'm figuring the Bills will win and don't tell me any different.  Kyle Williams will do the pregame speech and the rest will be history.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

I hope people are able to manage their expectations. Baltimore is the better team, we are not supposed to win this game, the season is not a failure if we lose. 

Expectations will be high.  Baltimore is the better team, but not by much.  Says the guy that has not been paying much attention.  I agree that the season is a great success either way.  The Bills are virtually assured of a playoff spot and then anything can happen.  No team this season is so much better than any other. I hear a lot of chatter about the Bills easy schedule, but you have to win the games you play.  NE has the same schedule and they are not much ahead of Buffalo atol.  So, spare me with that ease of schedule nonsense.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
a few extra words ... removed ...

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Expectations will be high.  Baltimore is the better team, but not by much.  Says the guy that has not been paying much attention.  I agree that the season is a great success either way.  The Bills are virtually assured of a playoff spot and then anything can happen.  No team this season is so much better than any other. I hear a lot of chatter about the Bills easy schedule, but you have to win the games you play.  NE has the same schedule and they are not much ahead of Buffalo atol.  So, spare me with that ease of schedule nonsense.

Baltimore has steamrolled good teams like Seattle and New England, and has beaten San Francisco. They beat the Rams and Texans, two winning clubs, by a combined 72 points. They're not only in the top tier of NFL teams - they lead it. 

The Bills can win any game they play, but it's not very likely that they win this one. Of course, it should be fun to watch and hope, and I think we can keep it a game. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The Bills were bigger underdogs against the Cowboys.  I'm figuring the Bills will win and don't tell me any different.  Kyle Williams will do the pregame speech and the rest will be history.

I think that's overcorrection.

• The Bills are terrible and the Cowboys are awesome - everyone
  • Um, wow, the Bills just laid waste to the awesome Cowboys, they must be awesome too! - everyone
  • The truth is in-between, but I think the Ravens are as actually good as people thought the Cowboys were.

41 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think that's overcorrection.

• The Bills are terrible and the Cowboys are awesome - everyone
  • Um, wow, the Bills just laid waste to the awesome Cowboys, they must be awesome too! - everyone
  • The truth is in-between, but I think the Ravens are as actually good as people thought the Cowboys were.

I live in the Cowboys market.  They aren't that good, really.

The post you responded to was kind of tongue-in-cheek.

I think the Bills have the capability to beat the Ravens, but they're going to have to play perhaps their best game of the year... of the decade.

Way too many cheap tickets left on stubhub. 

People can beat their chests about being proud of their cold weather, play-in-the-elements team, but they don't come to the damn games in December. It never mattered when we were bad, but it matters now.

If I see as much purple as I saw green during Eagles week, I'm going to be pissed. This game is huge. If I was in town I'd be there, and I'm more broke than anyone

Just build a dome Terry. Our main competitors in the AFC all play outside in the cold too so we don't have any tactical advantage there. Denver, KC, NE, BAL, PIT, CLE, NYJ, CIN, and so on. Meanwhile, in the biggest game in decades, our stadium is prime territory for a fan invasion because it's too cowd out for ouw wittle fingers

Plus I know we got Allen for his hand size and arm strength in the elements, but he's had some pretty damn good dome games (MIN, DAL). 

Yes, I know this is an incredibly simplistic take on the subject. No I don't care

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Do Ravens fans travel much? I'm asking.

I think of traveling fan bases, I think of the Steelers, Jets, Eagles ... the Pats (I guess). 

Do we really know whether they're traveling fans or just relocated fans?  Lately I've had the impression that in most cases, it's the latter.