Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

41 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course I'm missing a total stress-free win. Of course. On the bright side, we'll win 2 of the next 5 and see you in January. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

What is the second win?

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Jets and Steelers

I'm not confident they have 1 win left.  

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Good call there.  And a very underrated back in Bills history.

Cribbs was really good, both running it and catching it.  Letting him go to the USFL over $$ was another Ralph Wilson cheapness-driven blunder in a late 1970s - early 80s string of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

First game I had to miss but I'm glad they won.

It's absurd to think they might actually get 10 wins without a single one coming against a team with a winning record. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

Check the record of the undefeated Dolphins team in the 70s  

Gotta give Allen some credit. In the last 2 games since the "play fearless" comment was made by McD, Allen has looked fairly good under center. He has been throwing well and while he had an interception yesterday, I didn't think it was one of the egregious kind. I still am not sure I believe in him but at least for 2 games now he has looked decent. 

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Gotta give Allen some credit. In the last 2 games since the "play fearless" comment was made by McD, Allen has looked fairly good under center. He has been throwing well and while he had an interception yesterday, I didn't think it was one of the egregious kind. I still am not sure I believe in him but at least for 2 games now he has looked decent. 

I think the thing with Allen, and also the entire Bills team, is that I'm not sure how good they are, but at the very least I don't think they're bad, so really that's an improvement over the last few decades.

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He looked pretty good against a pretty good D. Mostly a game manager, with a bit of upside for some chunk, plus plays.

19 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think the thing with Allen, and also the entire Bills team, is that I'm not sure how good they are, but at the very least I don't think they're bad, so really that's an improvement over the last few decades.

Defense is generally good, even when they get run over.  Offense is good enough, but is awful when the playcalling is awful.  Hopefully, Allen calling his own plays can fix the latter.  Daboll learning to trust the run helps too.  I think they need some new receivers and a replacement for Gore before the offense can get to a 'good' status.

Is it still a thing that Josh Allen is not good? That's a serious question from a person not into following the NFL. His basic numbers look good, when I watch him play I think he does just fine, and it looks like his team mates really dig him.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Is it still a thing that Josh Allen is not good? That's a serious question from a person not into following the NFL. His basic numbers look good, when I watch him play I think he does just fine, and it looks like his team mates really dig him.

Maybe but the Bills schedule is one of the all time easiest so it's hard to gauge.  He may just be an average QB reaping the benefits of playing against awful teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ... said:

This is a key point:

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Allen has the best ELO out of any AFC East QB so far this season; about the same as Matt Ryan this year (182 for Allen, 187 for Ryan)

It's not so much that he's "good" it's that he's getting better, and rather quickly.  The last two games made that very apparent.  The TD pass to Brown yesterday stands out to me as a pass he doesn't make last year, or even earlier this year.  He's getting through his progressions much more quickly and is learning to just throw it away if the receiver isn't open and he's being pressured.  He's turning from a shoot-out kind of QB to a game manager, although the shoot-out mentality is still in his DNA.  In other words, he's harnessing his talent with discipline, something that his critics doubted would ever happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This is a key point:

It's not so much that he's "good" it's that he's getting better, and rather quickly.  The last two games made that very apparent.  The TD pass to Brown yesterday stands out to me as a pass he doesn't make last year, or even earlier this year.  He's getting through his progressions much more quickly and is learning to just throw it away if the receiver isn't open and he's being pressured.  He's turning from a shoot-out kind of QB to a game manager, although the shoot-out mentality is still in his DNA.  In other words, he's harnessing his talent with discipline, something that his critics doubted would ever happen.

Right, the past couple of games, especially, he's looked calm in the pocket and has made some really nice throws.  I mean he looks legit good on most plays and then when he runs it...I'm pretty impressed based against what "people" have been saying about him.  His protection hasn't been NE-like, and he's not getting a ton of time, so I can see where getting quicker reads has been an improvement. I guess not following day-to-day, game-moment-to-game-moment I'm getting the coarse view of his development.  Looking forward to the Thanksgiving game, that's for sure.