Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I agree that Vick was faster. I don't think he was better. 

Spiller was faster than Freddie too. 

I've never seen Vick do the video game run Lamar had a couple weeks ago

There's no spin move, but between this and Young's run it's one of the most famous QB runs ever. Even then Young had a better actual run than Lamar did, but I'm not saying he was better than Lamar is now at running

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I've seen quite a bit of Lamar.  He is terrific.  He is also sturdier of build than Vick was and a better passer.  But when running with it, pre-imprisonment Vick was a supernova.  He was the fastest guy on the field, when the field was filled with world-class athletes.

I agree.

Just now, WildCard said:

There's no spin move, but between this and Young's run it's one of the most famous QB runs ever. Even then Young had a better actual run than Lamar did, but I'm not saying he was better than Lamar is now at running

i've seen every notable Vick run, there are like series of 15 minute long videos on youtube of all of them and I actually watched the videos very recently. 

There was nothing in there like some of the runs Lamar has pulled off. I'm not shitting on Vick by any means, he was incredible. But Lamar is incredible in a different way, and it's more impressive to me. He can be surrounded by 6 guys and Houdini past them like nobody else in the league can, Vick didn't have Lamar's level of escapability even if he has better speed

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

i've seen every notable Vick run, there are like series of 15 minute long videos on youtube of all of them and I actually watched the videos very recently. 

There was nothing in there like some of the runs Lamar has pulled off. I'm not shitting on Vick by any means, he was incredible. But Lamar is incredible in a different way, and it's more impressive to me. He can be surrounded by 6 guys and Houdini past them like nobody else in the league can, Vick didn't have Lamar's level of escapability even if he has better speed

I'm going to disagree, but I guess we'll see

The Young run is still my favorite

Edited by WildCard

I can't even find a video of it because it was a random play in the middle of a game that only went 12 yards, but Jackson had a run against the Pats that was more impressive than anything i've ever seen from any other QB. It obviously wasn't as "good of a play" as the epic OT run Vick had, because it had less significance. But it was the best QB run I've ever seen in my life, and I don't think any other QB in history could have made it the 12 yards that Lamar did without getting tackled way before 

Unrelated, but what a find John Brown was. I can't wait until we get our stud WR1 to make Brown one of the best #2s in the world.

What was up with Devin fumbling twice??

Ford vs. Von Miller is going to be scary. I'm going to this weekend's game, it's the first one I've been to since 2014. I believe it's the 5th one I've ever been to

Milano and Edmunds were absolutely electric yesterday, more of that please.

Denver's defense is seriously good and they're going to keep the game close. Their running backs will more than likely give us problems too. This game is very important and it won't be easy. They have a bad record but they've done it by taking good teams into the final seconds and having their hearts ripped out a lot. Sutton is one of the best WRs we've faced this season, maybe the best. Honestly, OBJ sucks this year - Sutton is the best WR we've come across this season. I hope Tre is ready. 

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I've heard several people in the media calling Lamar an "athlete never seen before at the QB position".  Did they miss the Mike Vick years?  He ran a 4.3 40 and could throw the ball 70 yards.  I'm not sure what they are talking about. 

Or Steve Young, Donovan McNab, Randall Cunningham or Fran Tarkenton etc. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't know that I believe this. How many games of Lamar have you been able to see? I'm seriously not comfortable saying there are running backs in the NFL right now definitely better than he is at running

Lamar Jackson is usually the best athlete on the field, regardless of whom Baltimore plays.

Considering the unbelievable athletic talent on display in the NFL, that says a lot.

The test is going to be if Lamar can keep this up regularly over a period of time.  I am not sure his style of play is sustainable.

I feel like teams will learn how to slow him down as time goes forward.

3 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Lamar Jackson is usually the best athlete on the field, regardless of whom Baltimore plays.

Considering the unbelievable athletic talent on display in the NFL, that says a lot.

The test is going to be if Lamar can keep this up regularly over a period of time.  I am not sure his style of play is sustainable.

Best athlete is saying a ton. WR, DB, hell even Aaron Donald as a DT...I really doubt Lamar Jackson is usually the best athlete on the field. The most dynamic football player? Sure maybe that I could believe

15 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I think his running will eventually slow down, but he's shown enough as a pocket passer to think that it won't spell the end for his career like it has for other running QBs.

It's like when you're a kid and you blow up a balloon halfway and tie it off, and throw it as hard as you can at your sibling, and it sails gently in slow motion, getting led astray by a draft going through the room, falling to the ground 2 feet to your right instead of going forward

That's Philip Rivers throwing a football

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Allen has improved 16% in completion percentage on throws between 10-20 yards down the field from last year to this year, he's at 65% there. As of a couple weeks ago he had the best passer rating in the NFL in that range too. Or QBR, i forget which. That's a nice development, those throws move the chains.

This is the most important development of the year, IMHO.  He has borderline-miraculously become a very good passer on the short and intermediate routes, including the intermediate-to-deep sideline routes where the ball travels a pretty long distance.

Once he gets the deep routes down, he's really gonna be something.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is the most important development of the year, IMHO.  He has borderline-miraculously become a very good passer on the short and intermediate routes, including the intermediate-to-deep sideline routes where the ball travels a pretty long distance.

Once he gets the deep routes down, he's really gonna be something.

And I'm almost positive that, while he'll never be Rodgers or Wilson on deep balls, the reason he's missed them ALL are 
1.) overthrowing in fear of interceptions
2.) putting those practice reps on the back burner, as it's sheer volume of practice that has brought along his intermediate abilities in the first place

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And I'm almost positive that, while he'll never be Rodgers or Wilson on deep balls, the reason he's missed them ALL are 
1.) overthrowing in fear of interceptions
2.) putting those practice reps on the back burner, as it's sheer volume of practice that has brought along his intermediate abilities in the first place

The 1st one is confirmed by Allen himself; feel like it changed after he had two underthrown ones picked in the Pats game

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/21/20975461/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-quarterback-perception