Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Terrified of this game. The Seahawks barely beat the Browns, who have the talent to blow out the Ravens. They ran all over the Pats defense and only lost because they beat themselves in a way that I'd be skeptical of them replicating tomorrow. Garrett against Ford/Nsekhe is going to be a disaster, and Chubb versus our interior run defense gives me nightmares.

At the same time, they have enough coaching, penalty, and offensive line issues that we certainly have a path to victory. They are 2-6, after all. 

It would be such a huge win. Let's go Bills.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Terrified of this game. The Seahawks barely beat the Browns, who have the talent to blow out the Ravens. They ran all over the Pats defense and only lost because they beat themselves in a way that I'd be skeptical of them replicating tomorrow.

At the same time, they have enough coaching, penalty, and offensive line issues that we certainly have a path to victory. They are 2-6, after all. 

I'll be surprised if Buffalo wins.  They aren't favored for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Terrified of this game. The Seahawks barely beat the Browns, who have the talent to blow out the Ravens. They ran all over the Pats defense and only lost because they beat themselves in a way that I'd be skeptical of them replicating tomorrow. Garrett against Ford/Nsekhe is going to be a disaster, and Chubb versus our interior run defense gives me nightmares.

We could lose basically any game because of our limited offense, but nothing about the Browns is terrifying. They look as dysfunctional as the worst Bills teams of the drought. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

We could lose basically any game because of our limited offense, but nothing about the Browns is terrifying. They look as dysfunctional as the worst Bills teams of the drought. 

Their main offensive issue (a bad offensive line) is the one thing our defense hasn't been able to take advantage of (they were manhandled against a Dolphins line that I was reading was one of the most poorly put together OLs in NFL history before that game), and they have Kareem freaking Hunt backing up a guy who has the ability to run for 160+ yards against far better run defenses than ours. The things that they have that could click are precisely matched up in a way that could pick us apart even if we don't have a bad day

Garrett against our right tackle situation is the kind of thing that can give us Allen from the Jets game versus Allen from the last four, in addition to the fact that their one good DB is definitely capable of neutralizing our one good WR

I think we're lucky that Kitchens and Pederson are about as far apart as you can get in coaching quality, so hopefully they won't be able to take advantage of this the way Philly did, but the "roster strengths versus roster weaknesses" seem to uniformly line up in the Browns' favor in a way that's pretty rare

22 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Their main offensive issue (a bad offensive line) is the one thing our defense hasn't been able to take advantage of (they were manhandled against a Dolphins line that I was reading was one of the most poorly put together OLs in NFL history before that game), and they have Kareem freaking Hunt backing up a guy who has the ability to run for 160+ yards against far better run defenses than ours. The things that they have that could click are precisely matched up in a way that could pick us apart even if we don't have a bad day

Garrett against our right tackle situation is the kind of thing that can give us Allen from the Jets game versus Allen from the last four, in addition to the fact that their one good DB is definitely capable of neutralizing our one good WR

I think we're lucky that Kitchens and Pederson are about as far apart as you can get in coaching quality, so hopefully they won't be able to take advantage of this the way Philly did, but the "roster strengths versus roster weaknesses" seem to uniformly line up in the Browns' favor in a way that's pretty rare

I guess I don't really worry about their running game because their passing game is a tire fire. Chubb can go ahead and get 150+ and it won't matter if our defense does to Baker what they've done to other passing offenses. 

Garrett will undoubtedly blow up a couple plays, but I don't think their defense as a whole is worrisome. It's 22nd in DVOA. Meh. 

We can absolutely lose, but Dick Jauron would be a monumental coaching improvement for them. I'm simply not afraid. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I guess I don't really worry about their running game because their passing game is a tire fire. Chubb can go ahead and get 150+ and it won't matter if our defense does to Baker what they've done to other passing offenses. 

Garrett will undoubtedly blow up a couple plays, but I don't think their defense as a whole is worrisome. It's 22nd in DVOA. Meh. 

We can absolutely lose, but Dick Jauron would be a monumental coaching improvement for them. I'm simply not afraid. 

I think I'm just terrified for every NFL game due to their oversized importance compared to the NHL games I'm more familiar watching, and the nature of NFL football is such that any team can beat anyone else, and usually has at least one major advantage even if they're a worse team overall

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think I'm just terrified for every NFL game due to their oversized importance compared to the NHL games I'm more familiar watching, and the nature of NFL football is such that any team can beat anyone else, and usually has at least one major advantage even if they're a worse team overall

All fair. It's why God gave us Sunday drinking. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

All fair. It's why God gave us Sunday drinking. 

You shoulda seen me last week. I was miserable that we were facing Haskins rather than Keenum. Keenum was known mediocrity, with film on him. Haskins looked bad early, but QBs like Kyle Allen and Denver's QB and Minshew had success before the film got to them! 

Of course, had they chosen Keenum, I would have been equally petrified - Keenum is smart if not particularly talented, and would be capable of picking us apart like Fitz did! Give me the rookie with 4 picks in 22 attempts! 

I need us to get to 9-2 so I can basically just watch for fun and assume we'd win one of the last five to clinch, rather than stressing endlessly over things that don't deserve the stress

Edited by Randall Flagg

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

You shoulda seen me last week. I was miserable that we were facing Haskins rather than Keenum. Keenum was known mediocrity, with film on him. Haskins looked bad early, but QBs like Kyle Allen and Denver's QB and Minshew had success before the film got to them! 

Of course, had they chosen Keenum, I would have been equally petrified - Keenum is smart if not particularly talented, and would be capable of picking us apart like Fitz did! Give me the rookie with 4 picks in 22 attempts! 

I need us to get to 9-2 so I can basically just watch for fun and assume we'd win one of the last five to clinch, rather than stressing endlessly over things that don't deserve the stress

This team will be 9-3 and then sphincters will tighten.  The Browns and Broncos CAN beat the Bills but take far too much pride in beating themselves to do so.

The last 4 are scary (even NYJ at home is as they usually split the 2 games with the road team winning each) but a single win has them into tiebreaker watching and 2 W's has them in against a bad division winner.