Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I partially guessed that, but then again, I was recently called a racist here ??. Whoosh to me was always just the Nike symbol 

That's a swoosh.?  As far as woosh (correct sp) goes, the interwebs link it to Reddit where posters often use it to describe something going over ones head. Why someone felt the need to make it a single, undecipherable term is beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

That's a swoosh.?  As far as woosh (correct sp) goes, the interwebs link it to Reddit where posters often use it to describe something going over ones head. Why someone felt the need to make it a single, undecipherable term is beyond me. 

It's reddit.  That's why. 

(And it's 'whoosh.'  Again, reddit, the people who spell it 'woah' instead of 'whoa.')

Edited by Eleven

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

I've been aware of that phrase and its usage for decades.

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jordan Phillips recently moved ahead of Ed Oliver on the depth chart. And now the Bills have signed a DT who had been playing out-of-scheme in Oakland.

It makes me wonder whether Oliver's being targeted with a wake-up call.

Or if he is an undersized DT that benefitted greatly against lesser competition at Houston.  

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

Or if he is an undersized DT that benefitted greatly against lesser competition at Houston.  

Hmm. I dunno. I think he's the size he needs to be for the style he's supposed to play.

And it may not be that at all. I had heard that he was showing well earlier in the season. He is yet a rookie, after all.

bills.thumb.PNG.4ea33a5399f7614e7623d6258378029b.PNG

I finally decide to be a good citizen and pay for NFL Sunday Ticket (the student version, without directv, because god knows I can't afford that) rather than streaming Bills games in sketchy ways. They proceed to start doing ***** like this every single week. I'm ***** pissed. Almost every game gets blacked out. IN ***** OKLAHOMA. Look at that map!! THE CHIEFS ARE ON!!! WHY IS BILLS-BROWNS THE PRIORITY IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA??? 

Fat chance I'm ever giving the NFL or Directv money again, they're literally just stealing my money for no product whatsoever

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

bills.thumb.PNG.4ea33a5399f7614e7623d6258378029b.PNG

I finally decide to be a good citizen and pay for NFL Sunday Ticket (the student version, without directv, because god knows I can't afford that) rather than streaming Bills games in sketchy ways. They proceed to start doing ***** like this every single week. I'm ***** pissed. Almost every game gets blacked out. IN ***** OKLAHOMA. Look at that map!! THE CHIEFS ARE ON!!! WHY IS BILLS-BROWNS THE PRIORITY IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA??? 

Fat chance I'm ever giving the NFL or Directv money again, they're literally just stealing my money for no product whatsoever

Because Thurman Thomas went to college there back in the 80's. Other than that, I got nothing. If they really do prioritize the Bills in Oklahoma like that though, you should be able to watch them on the local CBS station instead of shelling out dough for Sunday Ticket.

24 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Because Thurman Thomas went to college there back in the 80's. Other than that, I got nothing. If they really do prioritize the Bills in Oklahoma like that though, you should be able to watch them on the local CBS station instead of shelling out dough for Sunday Ticket.

That's this week's map.  So the answer is Baker Mayfield.

7 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

That definitely makes a lot more sense.

It can be fun to pick out these random crazy spots on those maps.  The green on Flagg's map is Miami-Indy.  I'm too lazy to try to figure out the little cells in New Orleans and Atlanta.  Neither town is a division rival.

The early Fox game is fun too around the Oklahoma area... Kyler Murray.

Edited by shrader

It's definitely because of Baker. Was frustrating not getting to watch two weeks ago though. Sam Bradford no longer plays for Philly...

I'm going to buy an antenna right now so I can pick these up. The thing that sucks is I've already lost the money for the service which I'm rarely using. And the BIlls are on way more this year than I ever remember them being here either of the last two years. It's just frustrating to keep opening that map and seeing little blips over me and literally nowhere else besides Buffalo and the opponent city 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's definitely because of Baker. Was frustrating not getting to watch two weeks ago though. Sam Bradford no longer plays for Philly...

I'm going to buy an antenna right now so I can pick these up. The thing that sucks is I've already lost the money for the service which I'm rarely using. And the BIlls are on way more this year than I ever remember them being here either of the last two years. It's just frustrating to keep opening that map and seeing little blips over me and literally nowhere else besides Buffalo and the opponent city 

Two weeks ago wasn't an Oklahoma thing though.  That one looks like a Dallas thing to me.  Unfortunately, these are things you just have to get used to as an out of market fan.  Fortunately you do have a cheap solution to the problem in these cases.

You want another fun one?  Take a look at the CBS early map in that link from two weeks ago.  Airing the Rams in St. Louis seems like a good slap in the face to most people.

18 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just go to a sports bar.  You'll meet other Buffalonians that way, too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:13 AM, North Buffalo said:

Bills should have legit chance of beating Boys

The Cowboys are in a same spot as the Bills really.  They're really underachieving this year.  If they happen to put it all together they could smoke us or they could just as easily lay an egg.  I personally wouldn't bet on the Cowboys to win.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You don't really see this in the NHL, locker room talk or not, still unacceptable. 

I wish one day, that we will hold our athletes accountable for this nonsense....There are so many kids out there trying to make it, get rid of these idiots and replace them with someone more upstanding. 

That was a political reference.

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Cowboys are in a same spot as the Bills really.  They're really underachieving this year.  If they happen to put it all together they could smoke us or they could just as easily lay an egg.  I personally wouldn't bet on the Cowboys to win.

That was a political reference.

Politics? No, not from me.... I despise politics and do my best to avoid it, along with most current events 

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That's why the *whoosh*.  A prominent politician who I will keep nameless dismissed some crude comments as locker room talk.  You can probably guess who.

Ah it all makes sense now.... I guess It shows how disconnected I really am ?? as they say, ignorance is bliss ?

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

So, he's not out for having advocated that players have a fall guy, right? I'm having trouble keeping up.

He's out for unknown reasons (probably workplace misconduct/harassment if I'm hazarding a guess) but the joke is he once gave a big speech at the NFL rookie orientation about how each NFL player needs to have a 'fall guy', one of their friends that they pay to basically take the blame/legal repercussions of everything the player does. Carter apparently didn't take his own advice while working at Fox

• Haha (+1) 2