Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

3 hours ago, sodbuster said:

Cleveland also hasn't won a game at home. Buffalo hasn't lost a road game.

The last 2 NFL games I attended Cleveland beat Buffalo 8-0 and then 6-3. Once in Cleveland, once in Buffalo. Derek Anderson threw for 23 yards on a 2-17 performance and beat us. I've never gone to another game again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

I put more stock in Vegas 

They were wrong on Jets, NE, Browns, and I believe Steelers this weekend. 2pt favorites is low for a home team that was pegged as a playoff team going into the season. That team is a ***** show and Buffalo need to capitalize. 

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The officiating was clearly in favor of Baltimore over NE tonight, for those that like to keep track. Including, most notably, the Ravens player pulling Lamar forward into the end zone. This is 10000000% illegal to do.

I saw an article recently (posted here, perhaps?  or on Facebook maybe) that said the biggest difference in home field advantage overall in sports is that the home team tends to get more favorable calls.  Crowd noise and several other factors were analyzed statistically in several sports and found to be insignificant contributors.

19 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

At a Bills Backers bar. Someone here is clapping so hard and so often that the only reasonable conclusion I can come to is McDermott is his idol. 

My favorite Bills Backer bar experience was the guy who would scream out "that's holding!" on every single defensive play.  And he wasn't doing it in a self-aware joking mode, he was dead serious.

And just for the hell of it, I'll throw this one out there.  The Bills now control their own destiny for home field advantage.?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I put more stock in Vegas 

The Vegas folks base their bets on what they objectively see.  Unless you are a Bills homer, it’s pretty clear this is the most flawed 6-2 team in years.  The Browns Talent wise on paper, could destroy the Bills if they play together.  The Bills simply do not have a star studded roster nor a proven franchise QB.  They are winning by coaching and some luck.  Props to McDermott.  

17 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm still not sold on them making the playoffs. If they play like they did today, they may not win another. 

They will most likely be 9-3 (if no actual upsets either way (winning in Cleveland doesn't count as an upset even if they are 2.5 point dogs)) and then that's where it gets interesting.  Win 1 of the final 4 and they're hoping tiebreakers are in their favor.  (Get swept and they need another Cincy miracle.)  Win a pair and they're very likely the top wildcard.  Find a way to steal a win against the Cheatriots or the omen birds along with that and they will be top wildcard or shockingly division winners. 

All with a good but not great team that had the good fortune of finally getting a schedule with 10+ cupcakes on it.  (Everybody else lucks into that schedule every 3-4 years.  About time Buffalo gets it.)

And, the AFC is bad this year.  The Bills with all their flaws could legitimately be 1 of the 4 best and playing in a division with 2 teams that have exactly 1 win apiece half way through their schedules which should give them a couple of freebies (in the standings, not necessarily on the field) that they normally don't get.

1 minute ago, sabills said:

The Bills haven't won 10 games in a year since 1999 and I think they miss it again this year. I'd put money on three more wins. Might still be enough for playoffs.

They should get to 10. But it wont mean much if one of those wins isn't against a team like Baltimore, Dallas, Pittsburgh, or NE. Beating the Browns, Broncos, Dolphins and Jets would just be more of the same from this season.

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They should get to 10. But it wont mean much if one of those wins isn't against a team like Baltimore, Dallas, Pittsburgh, or NE. Beating the Browns, Broncos, Dolphins and Jets would just be more of the same from this season.

I'm convinced they're going to lose to the Dolphins in two weeks. Honestly at this point the only win I'd put money on is the Jets who are a tire fire.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Bills should have legit chance of beating Boys and more so Pitt.  If either or both combined with other 4 should put them @ 12 wins.  That being said O struggles make any of this schedule a question mark.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Listening to Murph call Devin Singletary "Motor" sounds akin to my parents using the term homeboy. Just stop. 

Listening to the game on the radio while in my car yesterday, it took me a full drive before I found out who Motor is.  SMH.  Announcers should be mostly using real names.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

God I ***** hate Twitter. Trying to figure out what any of the nonsense meant is 15 minutes of my life that I’m not getting back.

It took me fifteen seconds to figure out that Whitehead threatened to kill three people.

• Like (+1) 4

You don't really see this in the NHL, locker room talk or not, still unacceptable. 

I wish one day, that we will hold our athletes accountable for this nonsense....There are so many kids out there trying to make it, get rid of these idiots and replace them with someone more upstanding. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Listening to the game on the radio while in my car yesterday, it took me a full drive before I found out who Motor is.  SMH.  Announcers should be mostly using real names.

Murph going full middle aged white guy and calling him "the motor". So bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You don't really see this in the NHL, locker room talk or not, still unacceptable. 

I wish one day, that we will hold our athletes accountable for this nonsense....There are so many kids out there trying to make it, get rid of these idiots and replace them with someone more upstanding. 

I’m pretty sure this is a whoosh

7 hours ago, #freejame said:

I’m pretty sure this is a whoosh

Not sure what you mean 

I work in a hospital where if anyone say anything like that.... Fired 

Businesses, say something like that... Fired

I've been In the military, say that..... Captains Mast/Court Marshall. 

I travel to a ton of cultures, not all, but many, this stuff would not fly even a little bit. 

I don't get why it's acceptable and OK here in this country for this stuff to be just daily news. 

Play the game, STFU, and collect your ridiculous amount of cash. 

My opinion of course, and I am quite cynical, so there is that ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Not sure what you mean 

I work in a hospital where if anyone say anything like that.... Fired 

Businesses, say something like that... Fired

I've been In the military, say that..... Captains Mast/Court Marshall. 

I travel to a ton of cultures, not all, but many, this stuff would not fly even a little bit. 

I don't get why it's acceptable and OK here in this country for this stuff to be just daily news. 

Play the game, STFU, and collect your ridiculous amount of cash. 

My opinion of course, and I am quite cynical, so there is that ?

The post you were responding to was most likely in jest.  That's the whoosh part.