Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

This team has benefitted from playing arguably the second worst schedule in NFL history.  (See Patriots 2019) Can't get 1 yard when they need to, can't stop the run, turn the ball over at key moments, bad special teams, mediocre pass rush, no WR that makes anything other than pedestrian catches. I don't have much hope. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Cleveland, Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver, and the Jets. They're all a mess. And it's not like Baltimore and Dallas are world beaters. 

Bills have a gift schedule this year. Looking at their record of 6-2 I unless they fold they will be a wildcard looking at other teams records right now.

Edited by Radar

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

This team has benefitted from playing arguably the second worst schedule in NFL history.  (See Patriots 2019) Can't get 1 yard when they need to, can't stop the run, turn the ball over at key moments, bad special teams, mediocre pass rush, no WR that makes anything other than pedestrian catches. I don't have much hope. 

This is what my problem is too. It seems like every team the Bills play this year is some kind of mess. They're winning, but I feel like it's meaningless. 

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Does the NFL produce bad 12-4 teams? I'm asking for a friend.

NFW this team goes 12-4.  They're gonna beat everyone but Dallas and NE?This team has shown a consistent ability to play at the level of their competition or worse.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

The schedule isn't getting any harder. By the Football Outsiders metrics, it actually gets easier, and they're on track to finish with the easiest schedule in the league in like two decades or something ridiculous. My argument isn't that the team is good, it's that it can fairly easily make the playoffs without being good. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

And still won 24-9.

Jfc. Complain when we should complain.

Today was great.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Yes. Absolutely his fault. ?

You quoted yards per carry for each back which were heavily influenced by game situation.

SDS, Frank Gore didn't have his best game today.  He just didn't.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the team--he should.  But today, whether on the line or on him, it wasn't good.

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

SDS, Frank Gore didn't have his best game today.  He just didn't.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the team--he should.  But today, whether on the line or on him, it wasn't good.

My quibble is using his ypc when both teams sent in their fatties and he was told to ram his head into a couple tons of human flesh at least four times. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's also had normal situation carries he's done zilch with.ong of 6 yards today. Are you honestly going to try to argue Gore has been effective this game? There have been games this year he's played really well, but today isn't one of them. It's okay to bench the vet when warranted. 

To add, Gore had three 1st-&-10 carries and totaled 9 yards, 3 yard average.  Singletary had 12 for 66 yards, or a 5.5 yard average.

Side note, but we had 3 times as many rushes on first down as we had passes.

1 minute ago, inkman said:

The problem is that it wasn't great.  

I had fun.

A team tried to attack our only known weakness and failed, getting thumped 24-9 in the process. 

Buffalo fans are eventually going to have to learn how to enjoy wins.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I had fun.

A team tried to attack our only known weakness and failed, getting thumped 24-9 in the process. 

Buffalo fans are eventually going to have to learn how to enjoy wins.

I will.  Against teams we shouldn't have annihilated by 30.  Beat the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers or Ravens.  Hell, I might even get excited to beat the Browns.  At least people thought they'd be good.  

45 minutes ago, inkman said:

I will.  Against teams we shouldn't have annihilated by 30.  Beat the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers or Ravens.  Hell, I might even get excited to beat the Browns.  At least people thought they'd be good.  

I'll put $5 straight on the Bills (current team--no injuries) against Jerrah's best on Thanksgiving.

I mean a beer.  Or a contribution to something. I don't want to get into trouble!

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Steelers and Browns? 8 games into the season, no reason to still be thinking about preseason expectations. Both of those teams are bad and the games are winnable. 

6 hours ago, inkman said:

The Bills beat the Redskins by more points than the 49ers beat the Redskins.

They also beat the Redskins by more points than the Cowboys beat the Redskins.

They also beat the Redskins by more points than the Vikings beat the Redskins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The officiating was clearly in favor of Baltimore over NE tonight, for those that like to keep track. Including, most notably, the Ravens player pulling Lamar forward into the end zone. This is 10000000% illegal to do.

Edited by Randall Flagg