Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

In fairness, until Harry Phillips went down with the injury, the Bills were looking like they had adequately addressed DT.  He was playing better than Loutelei.

4 minutes ago, sabills said:

yeah, that was a really big hit for them.

I forgot about him 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If the Bills trade for a running back everyone should be fired.

I'd be all in, tbh. The money/cap would probably be manageable. I'm not sure what the price would be. The player coming in would be a huge upgrade over what the Bills have.

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'd be all in, tbh. The money/cap would probably be manageable. I'm not sure what the price would be. The player coming in would be a huge upgrade over what the Bills have.

What the Bills have currently at the RB position was a conscious choice made by the team. I don't need them trading picks to fill holes they created because they were stupid.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What the Bills have currently at the RB position was a conscious choice made by the team. I don't need them trading picks to fill holes they created because they were stupid.

More to the point, if Daboll called more screens and runs, he might find that his current running backs are adequate or better.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

More to the point, if Daboll called more screens and runs, he might find that his current running backs are adequate or better.

Exactly. Gore, Singletary, and Yeldon should be plenty to win with right now if they bothered to use them correctly.

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe? I'm just talking about a high-end talent being available on terms that don't hurt the team. I'm always down for that.

Otoh, the Bills might be better to look for discounted sale options at OL and/or DL.

The Bills' moon is (possibly) just beginning to wax (that's assuming that Josh Allen can become "the guy," which he isn't yet).  No need to overspend on Bell or on anyone else this year.  "Discounted sale options" at OL or DL sounds just fine to me, as long as it's a player who will be here next season.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Listen, if Buffalo GM's aren't constently trying to fill holes they created in the first place what would they even DO?

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm well aware of the John Randle esque comparisons for Oliver as a penetrating havoc wreaking DT.  Do you think the Bills should have drafted a one technique DT like Star vs 91?  I kinda felt like DT wasn't adequately addressed at the incumbent has been underwhelming every minute in a Bills uni. 

In a passing league, drafting a run stuffer at #9 overall seems like a glorious waste. The run defense being a liability wouldn't matter in the slightest if the offense could score more than 2 TDs in a game. 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sir, I say SIR. Do you think RB talent on this team is really a problem that we should spend assets on to address? Assets that could be used to upgrade the passing game? 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

What, you think Singletary should get more designed runs than Josh Allen has designed QB sweeps? Heresy! 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe? I'm just talking about a high-end talent being available on terms that don't hurt the team. I'm always down for that.

Otoh, the Bills might be better to look for discounted sale options at OL and/or DL.

Stop it! WR or bust. 

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For starters, I'll take the Steelers to get in over Buffalo.  I see 6 more wins on their schedule right now and that's before we even discuss the 12/15 game where they host the Bills. Anybody wanna bet money on the Bills going to Pittsburgh in December and coming up with a win?  Anyone?

This season has been all cute and everything but it ends on Thanksgiving. 4 straight L's to Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England put them, at best, in a must win situation v. the Jets in week 17 while the Steelers and the Ravens play each other for the division and WC with both holding tiebreakers over Buffalo should Buffalo lose. Think about that scenario for more than 3 seconds and tell me you still feel comfortable.

Even when the Bills were good, and yes I'm old enough to remember...I didnt really play the what if game with looking down the schedule.  Now that they've been irrelevant for two decades I've been largely apathetic for most of the time,  but when they do put together the odd early season promising run like this one I'm in the "show me the final second ticking off the clock in a playoff clinching win" camp.

5 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For starters, I'll take the Steelers to get in over Buffalo.  I see 6 more wins on their schedule right now and that's before we even discuss the 12/15 game where they host the Bills. Anybody wanna bet money on the Bills going to Pittsburgh in December and coming up with a win?  Anyone?

This season has been all cute and everything but it ends on Thanksgiving. 4 straight L's to Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England put them, at best, in a must win situation v. the Jets in week 17 while the Steelers and the Ravens play each other for the division and WC with both holding tiebreakers over Buffalo should Buffalo lose. Think about that scenario for more than 3 seconds and tell me you still feel comfortable.

Steelers will have losses to Indy, Browns (away), Ravens, and either Bills or Rams.   That's 8-8. 

6 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

In a passing league, drafting a run stuffer at #9 overall seems like a glorious waste. The run defense being a liability wouldn't matter in the slightest if the offense could score more than 2 TDs in a game. 

Sir, I say SIR. Do you think RB talent on this team is really a problem that we should spend assets on to address? Assets that could be used to upgrade the passing game? 

What, you think Singletary should get more designed runs than Josh Allen has designed QB sweeps? Heresy! 

Stop it! WR or bust. 

The RB talent isn’t a problem, but Bell would be an upgrade to the passing game (assuming the horrid play calling could be corrected). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

We will see. You miss by 1 and you are looking at 9-7 with the Steelers holding the tie breaker. Quite frankly the Steelers have done better against good teams than we have against lousy ones and are a handful of plays from being 5-2 themselves...without Roethlisberger.

Beating the dregs of the NFL isn't going to get it done. They need to beat a good team or two and Captain Happyclaps hasn't done that.

I like Coach McClappy.  Can we agree on that?   I’ll take your bet.  Bills straight up against the Steelers.   eddie murphy GIF

The usual?

14 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Stop it! WR or bust. 

It’s all water under the bridge at this point. However, the whole point of Bell’s holdout was that he essentially is a WR.

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The RB talent isn’t a problem, but Bell would be an upgrade to the passing game (assuming the horrid play calling could be corrected). 

Werd. Also, I think Daboll has been good at times, and, at other times, not so good.

16 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

Even when the Bills were good, and yes I'm old enough to remember...I didnt really play the what if game with looking down the schedule.  Now that they've been irrelevant for two decades I've been largely apathetic for most of the time,  but when they do put together the odd early season promising run like this one I'm in the "show me the final second ticking off the clock in a playoff clinching win" camp.

Is being able to remember when the Bills were good now the official line for whether or not you're old?  Thanks, I'm now depressed.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/30/2019 at 6:58 AM, shrader said:

Is being able to remember when the Bills were good now the official line for whether or not you're old?  Thanks, I'm now depressed.

naaah....bills were good in 98 and 99....so if u were 10 then you are only 30 now. now if you are talking 'great ' then you are at least 40. If you remember 64 and 65 then you are OLLLLDDDDD