Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So, exactly 1 1st or 2nd year QB is in the top 15 and he's only barely there.  Is the issue youth and inexperience or was nearly the entirety of the most hyped QB class in over 30 years really bad? 

Maybe we can wait on calling them all busts for another year and see how they do then.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Allen might be a problem, but this game wasn't the 1 to make that evaluation.  Josh isn't the only QB playing in gale force winds for the 1st time to be less than successful.

Kelly's 1st seriously nasty wind game back in '87 knocked the Bills out of the playoff hunt.  13 of 31 for 125 and a pick on a windy and wintry day.  He ended up ok.

As disappointing as that loss was, they still have 5 highly winnable games on their schedule.  Plus a game against Pittsburgh which should be a W as well.  Lose the 3 they're supposed to lose and that gets them to 11-5 and going into the 4th best division winner.  They aren't a Super Bowl squad by any stretch, but should be in the playoffs.  With a young team and nearly as much cap space next year as they had this year and they should be pretty good.

Enjoy them beating the teams they should and don't get too frustrated losing to the better teams.  And if they sneak out a win against the Ravens or Cowboys, cool.  That'll make up for an 'oh ####' moment against either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

What game am I allowed to evaluate him by? 

I'm not overly concerned with a loss to the Eagles. The Eagles have been truly mercurial this season -- at times looking like a Super Bowl contender, at others looking like a dumpster fire. The Bills got the former version, IMO. Also, I think the Bills coaching staff got their arses handed to them pretty decisively. It happens.

The Bills D is maybe not as good as had been hoped (hyped). And their O is about as bad as had been feared.

Still, the team can/should make the playoffs. Which would be nice.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Do what you want.  But it seems less than ideal to judge him off the worst weather game he's faced by far and the single game with a 4th quarter outlier of a performance.

Okay, well he was bad in the Jets game. He was okay in the Giants game. He was not good at all against the Bengals. Tennessee was meh at best. NE he gave the game away. Miami he almost gave the game away which is shocking. And against the Eagles he was bad. 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Sure, he'd be a cool weapon to have, but I don't like it for more than a 3rd and I don't trust them to use him correctly.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How about rather than getting a RB, they get a 1 technique DT that can actually hold his own against the run?

Also this.

34 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

These are not mutually exclusive concepts.  The defense can be kitty cat soft and the offense can need a running back at the same time.  People are throwing shade at the D line. Is Tremaine Edmunds going to make a play in the run game ever or should they just take him off the field until nickel?  The MLB is occasionally supposed to fill a hole.

Much like the Dahlin criticism, I feel like throwing shade on Tremaine is almost equally as forbidden. I'm not an analyst or a stats guy. When I watch, he more often than not, seems way out of position. He's got great size and speed but holy smokes make a play at the line of scrimmage. 

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

Much like the Dahlin criticism, I feel like throwing shade on Tremaine is almost equally as forbidden. I'm not an analyst or a stats guy. When I watch, he more often than not, seems way out of position. He's got great size and speed but holy smokes make a play at the line of scrimmage. 

First, he makes a lot of plays others couldn’t make.

Second, he will look a lot better when they have a true run stuffer in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

So the criticism should be on the DT, including 91?

91 is not a run stuffer. They need Star to be better. Williams is making plays all over the field already that most MLB couldn’t even get to. He will look a lot better when 91 is wreaking havoc and somebody is playing Star better then Star is playing Star.

17 minutes ago, tom webster said:

91 is not a run stuffer. They need Star to be better. Williams is making plays all over the field already that most MLB couldn’t even get to. He will look a lot better when 91 is wreaking havoc and somebody is playing Star better then Star is playing Star.

I'm well aware of the John Randle esque comparisons for Oliver as a penetrating havoc wreaking DT.  Do you think the Bills should have drafted a one technique DT like Star vs 91?  I kinda felt like DT wasn't adequately addressed at the incumbent has been underwhelming every minute in a Bills uni. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm well aware of the John Randle esque comparisons for Oliver as a penetrating havoc wreaking DT.  Do you think the Bills should have drafted a one technique DT like Star vs 91?  I kinda felt like DT wasn't adequately addressed at the incumbent has been underwhelming every minute in a Bills uni. 

In fairness, until Harry Phillips went down with the injury, the Bills were looking like they had adequately addressed DT.  He was playing better than Loutelei.

• Like (+1) 2