Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It wasn't over when you said this, but it is over now. 

I was being realistic.  The Bills struggled to move the ball the entire game.  They certainly could not have come back from what they were w/ a quarter to play.  Philly was moving the ball well enough.  Simple clock management. 

42 minutes ago, ubkev said:

They're forcing the idea of Josh Allen being good.

Despite what you and my wife says, I'm really, really, really trying not to believe this.  I'm not at the tipping point yet, but I'm beginning to lean.  He's a turnover machine and a "hold your breath" QB.  I hope he gets there.

28 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Despite what you and my wife says, I'm really, really, really trying not to believe this.  I'm not at the tipping point yet, but I'm beginning to lean.  He's a turnover machine and a "hold your breath" QB.  I hope he gets there.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't win 40 games in his career.

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't win 40 games in his career.

Not unless we actually get some receivers. Ours ***** suck.

And I actually think he will win 40 games for us.

Philly will be in the playoff mix before this season is over.

Edited by SwampD

38 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not unless we actually get some receivers. Ours ***** suck.

And I actually think he will win 40 games for us.

Philly will be in the playoff mix before this season is over.

I've been wrong before. 

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

playoffs GIF

The Bills are a complete fraud of a football team.  9 games left, they need to win at least 5. @New England is a loss so that means 5 of 8. @Dallas on Thanksgiving is a loss so that means 5 of 7, Baltimore is going to run the ball all over them so that means 5 of 6.  Good luck.

They don’t need to win at least 5 games.  They need to win four games for a wildcard birth.   The AFC is not competitive this season.  Assuming Houston/Indy are division and Wildcard #1, who else has an inside track to Buffalo?  Trick question.  Answer is no one.  Today was disappointing but it’s not doom and gloom for the probability of a post season.  

Edited by Broken Ankles

On 10/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, LGR4GM said:

Got a surprise ticket to this game

Are you ok?

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

12 designed runs to running backs. 3 to Singletary, 9 to Gore. With winds gusting over 40. Daboll, WTF?!

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I do think that Daboll needs to be replaced, and promptly.... Also, I didn't watch the whole game, but what happened to our D? 

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The contrast in personal behavior by NFL and NHL players is mind-boggling. 99% of this post-play stuff would never be tolerated in hockey. I guess the league feels like it has to tolerate it because the younger generation of fans likes it. It makes me feel not that bad about the idea of the millennials and younger roasting on an earthen hellscape while I sleep in heavenly peace.

It is hard for me to enjoy the NFL anymore.  Still love the Bills but that is the only game I watch in its entirety all week.  

The hype, the over-analysis, the poor and inconsistent officiating, the players attitudes and celebrations on every down.  

Josh Allen is a problem. The OC play-calling is a problem. The fact the team made no adjustments against the run game all 2nd half is a problem. 

They game basically ended when Allen fumbled on his own 20 and gave the Eagles the lead with 30 seconds left in the half. That was the game right there. At no point after that did we look good. Blame the defense if you want but the offense only put up 13 points. They didn't have the ability to keep us in a game where the defense wasn't playing lights out. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen is a problem. The OC play-calling is a problem. The fact the team made no adjustments against the run game all 2nd half is a problem. 

They game basically ended when Allen fumbled on his own 20 and gave the Eagles the lead with 30 seconds left in the half. That was the game right there. At no point after that did we look good. Blame the defense if you want but the offense only put up 13 points. They didn't have the ability to keep us in a game where the defense wasn't playing lights out. 

Did Allen connect on any of the deep balls he threw yesterday?

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Did Allen connect on any of the deep balls he threw yesterday?

Not that I recall. The deepest was his 22yrd toss to Knox (Kroft?) I think. The pass to Foster was okay but Foster didn't come back to the ball because he is a mediocre receiver. 

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Allen might be a problem, but this game wasn't the 1 to make that evaluation.  Josh isn't the only QB playing in gale force winds for the 1st time to be less than successful.

Kelly's 1st seriously nasty wind game back in '87 knocked the Bills out of the playoff hunt.  13 of 31 for 125 and a pick on a windy and wintry day.  He ended up ok.

As disappointing as that loss was, they still have 5 highly winnable games on their schedule.  Plus a game against Pittsburgh which should be a W as well.  Lose the 3 they're supposed to lose and that gets them to 11-5 and going into the 4th best division winner.  They aren't a Super Bowl squad by any stretch, but should be in the playoffs.  With a young team and nearly as much cap space next year as they had this year and they should be pretty good.

Enjoy them beating the teams they should and don't get too frustrated losing to the better teams.  And if they sneak out a win against the Ravens or Cowboys, cool.  That'll make up for an 'oh ####' moment against either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

• Thanks (+1) 1