Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

NFW that would ever happen. Ever. This is from 2012 (some Superbowl media, I believe).

image.thumb.png.eab2f7d3385927ebaef65b6868dd4aca.png

I remember that well. Tom Brady hates Buffalo more than just about anything. He loves beating the Bills so much. He loves sticking it to the fans every game. He loves when they throw dildos at him. He loves the hate. He just loves it. He throws shade on the Bills out of nowhere all the time.

32 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I remember that well. Tom Brady hates Buffalo more than just about anything. He loves beating the Bills so much. He loves sticking it to the fans every game. He loves when they throw dildos at him. He loves the hate. He just loves it. He throws shade on the Bills out of nowhere all the time.

No doubt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

NFW that would ever happen. Ever. This is from 2012 (some Superbowl media, I believe).

image.thumb.png.eab2f7d3385927ebaef65b6868dd4aca.png

When he started his career, there is no way that I would stay at a hotel in Buffalo.

Edited by SwampD

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I feel this is a bit hyperbolic. I mean how can you hate something that's only brought you good memories if any at all.  

19 hours ago, ubkev said:

Tom Brady can tell the flavor of a popsicle just by sitting on it. Tedy Bruschi taught him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sanu is not worth a 2nd round pick

Sure he is. He's good for 60 catches and 800 yards, which is more than you're getting out of a typical 2nd round WR. Also, the value of time. Brady is 42 and the Patriots have the best defense in the league, but their receiving weapons are mediocre. Getting a starting WR is absolutely worth a late 2nd.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, SwampD said:

When he started his career, there is no way that I would stay at a hotel in Buffalo.

I'd like to call BS. Assuming that when Brady started playing in the NFL his parents either had some money or he was a good enough son to spend some of his small fortune to treat them... exactly how bad would a nice hotel in Buffalo be circa 2001? What a tool. (Brady, not Swampy.)

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Schefter really doubling down. I think if he breaks Manning's records this year he might just retire

Well, he already has more yards and will possibly have more TDs after this year. Of course, he's also behind Brees in yards and will be in TDs if he retires. So he's not getting the records. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, he already has more yards and will possibly have more TDs after this year. Of course, he's also behind Brees in yards and will be in TDs if he retires. So he's not getting the records. 

I don't think he cares about holding them really, just about beating Manning

59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Watching that, I can't get past the notion that there are basically "The View" shows, but for dudes.

Other than live sports I haven't watched anything on ESPN in years and feel I'm better for it. Their programming is trash in my opinion. 

^

ESPN's arc is not unlike MTV's. They've become ... brands that were rooted in something (sports, music), but become focused on ... what? "Content"? I dunno.

We can all agree that we don't watch it anymore. But the networks didn't make those moves for no good reason. They did it in order to become more profitable. And presumably they did.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

ESPN's arc is not unlike MTV's. They've become ... brands that were rooted in something (sports, music), but become focused on ... what? "Content"? I dunno.

We can all agree that we don't watch it anymore. But the networks didn't make those moves for no good reason. They did it in order to become more profitable. And presumably they did.

Thanks for awakening a WKRP memory when Johnny Fever realized that turning a profit was merely a theoretical concept.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

I think it started before, but 15 years ago, ESPN could be profitable by just airing sports and showing highlights because there wasn't another way to consume that. Now with Youtube/streaming you don't need to tune into a TV channel to catch a show. So they made it about the people (either their own people or the sports) to men (mostly) can get into their soaps. There's almost surely a link to the Dennis Miller era for Monday Night football too, where media companies decided that people need to be entertained *while* watching sports rather than just getting extra info about the game they're watching.

• Like (+1) 1

The one thing I love on ESPN, outside of live sports, is 30 for 30. I've been watching as many of those as I can, even if it's a subject that I'm not totally interested in. They're great little docs.

BTW, Frank Gore needs 134 yards to pass Barry Sanders for #3 on the all time rushing leaders. With any luck, he could do that by the end of this homestand.