Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Eric Wood is really good on the broadcast. He yelled "get down!" as the Bill returned the onside kick toward the end zone. When Sal poked him a little about it, saying, "You know better than that" (that an NFL player would go down instead of running uncontested into the end zone, Eric cited a specific instance when Fred Jackson did it.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Wow.  Didn't expect some of these reactions.  

Allen was fine.  He overthrew a couple, but he was right on the money with many more.  And no interceptions or fumbles, either.

Phillips was fine, too.

LOL.  Allen was f-ing terrible.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Eric Wood is really good on the broadcast. He yelled "get down!" as the Bill returned the onside kick toward the end zone. When Sal poked him a little about it, saying, "You know better than that" (that an NFL player would go down instead of running uncontested into the end zone, Eric cited a specific instance when Fred Jackson did it.

Wood brings a ton of insight to the broadcast. Really makes listening to the game a lot more enjoyable.

Just now, darksabre said:

Wood brings a ton of insight to the broadcast. Really makes listening to the game a lot more enjoyable.

He makes the game understandable and accessible for more fans. I wonder what percentage of fans really knew what Mark Kelso was talking about.

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I have 2 bets running with guys from work on this game. I bet that the Dolphins cover and that Allen won't throw for 300 yards. Anyone think I don't collect?

Nice.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

This is the Bills. The same bills I said would go 7-9. 

They'll still go 7-9

There is no chance of this.

(Quickly knocks on every piece of wood available)

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

LOL.  Allen was f-ing terrible.

Allan was not terrible.

It ended great, but there were long stretches of that game that just gave us absolutely nothing to cheer for.

5-1, I’ll take it.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Wow.  Didn't expect some of these reactions.  

Allen was fine.  He overthrew a couple, but he was right on the money with many more.  And no interceptions or fumbles, either.

Phillips was fine, too.

If Allen was fine, we need higher standards for QB play. Miami is one of the worst defenses in the league and they lost their best defensive player on the first drive. We were a heroic Tre White effort from losing. 

That was a perfect example of a Ryan Fitzpatrick game.  Looked good but game was still close in the first half.

2nd half it falls apart with some key mistakes by Fitz and a poor supporting cast. Then in the end you wonder if he was good or bad and whether they should have won.

So so many Bills games like that while he was QB here.

I really hadn't closely watched the Bills since that 3rd Super Bowl loss. They won today, and are now 5-1 which is great news.

I am not convinced in the least on Josh Allen however. And for very good reasons. He appears to have the following issues: he cannot connect on the long ball but once every 50 attempts it seems, he has a real problem leading receivers when he throws the ball and the are in motion, it appears he is not learning he can throw the ball away, he's still leading with his upper body when he has to run the ball exposing himself to possible injury, he doesn't seem to grasp the fact that he doesn't have all the time in the world back in that pocket and lastly, although he avoided it today, a couple of those throws could have been picked off that he didn't need to throw.

This was Miami, and quite honestly, Allen was struggling. While he is still under 2 seasons worth of games, it 8s my early opinion he's not the droid we are looking for.

Edited by Scottysabres

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If Allen was fine, we need higher standards for QB play. Miami is one of the worst defenses in the league and they lost their best defensive player on the first drive. We were a heroic Tre White effort from losing. 

That is such hyperbole.  The team was not in danger of losing.  Geez.

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

try's

This is where I had to stop.  There's no way that's even autocorrect.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That is such hyperbole.  The team was not in danger of losing.  Geez.

This is where I had to stop.  There's no way that's even autocorrect.

We were losing by 5 to start the 4th quarter. For an offense that couldn't do anything and a defense that was notably weaker than we're used to this season, we had a very real chance of losing. I think we're making the playoffs fairly comfortably, but we have to want more out of the QB than eking one out against one of the two worst teams in the league. 

Of course, you also think Trubisky is everything we want Allen to be, so I already know your bar for QB play is underground ??

21 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

We were losing by 5 to start the 4th quarter. For an offense that couldn't do anything and a defense that was notably weaker than we're used to this season, we had a very real chance of losing. I think we're making the playoffs fairly comfortably, but we have to want more out of the QB than eking one out against one of the two worst teams in the league. 

Of course, you also think Trubisky is everything we want Allen to be, so I already know your bar for QB play is underground ??

Allen is still developing (so is Truby, for a few more games).  I've said more than once that I give a qb 40 games for evaluation.

As for losing by 5 in the 4th?  I can tell who the young ones are, I guess.  We never worried about that with Kelly, and I don't worry about that with Allen.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Allen is still developing (so is Truby, for a few more games).  I've said more than once that I give a qb 40 games for evaluation.

As for losing by 5 in the 4th?  I can tell who the young ones are, I guess.  We never worried about that with Kelly, and I don't worry about that with Allen.

We felt the same way about Kemp, kiddo.  I’m not sure about Sammy Baugh.

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

10/11 with two touchdowns in the 2nd half. Not many 3 and outs in the game. JA looked fine to me. 

117.4 QBR. Zero turnovers. Another second-half comeback. While it would have been preferable that he connect on some of those deep passes in the first half, the real disappointment with this game is that our supposedly elite #2 defense let Fitzmagic's troops march up and down the field for almost 400 yards and 3 TD's. Matt Milano is good, but is he really THAT important to the defense? Levi Wallace had a very disappointing game. And I know QB sacks aren't the most important stat in the world, but only 1 against that beaten up Miami OL?!

Anyway...I'm actually in a good mood about this game because we are 5-1 (5th best record in the league) and escaped without any major injuries (that I know of?). Watch the tape, learn from this, and move on to Philly. The Bills are 5-1 and the Sabres are 7-1-1. I'm happy. Keep stacking up these wins, Buffalo!

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Thankfully at some point he said ***** all y'all imma do this 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I’m happy where we are.  First world problems.  I don't disagree with many of the nits, but ... the fan base is evolving along with the team.

We’re 5-1.

We beat Miami by ten.

Allen was 62%, 117 QBR, 2 TDs, no turnovers.

Allen led another 4Q comeback and has a great W/L in games he’s started and finished.

We’re not NE and he’s not Brady.

We’ve advanced from losing to being not totally satisfied with how we win.

• Like (+1) 6