Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

My daughter got engaged Friday.  My oldest, my first, daughter.   I was in New Orleans when she called.  I knew it was coming; he asked for my blessing last week.  Wonderful young man .. and huge Pats fan.

We are contemplating an exorcism before next Sunday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Bills escaped.

That’s a legit take, and I understand the sentiment.  I’ll add three decades of pain to yours!

At the same time, escaping isn't a Bills only phenomenon.  There are probably five teams that regularly win with all three phases of their game better than their opponents.  Ten regularly escape, ten regularly fail to escape, and five get beaten like drums week to week.

The Bills aren’t among the five elites.  I like them among the next ten. 

PS ... another Q4 comeback on JA’s resume.

I think the Bills have mostly won in spite of their best efforts to run a traditional NFL offense. 

Josh Allen isn't very good. But he's competitive and fearless. Maybe a little daft. Either way, letting him just do unorthodox stuff seems to be the only real way to win games with him. Because there's no way you're fitting him into traditional QB box. 

20 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think the Bills have mostly won in spite of their best efforts to run a traditional NFL offense. 

Josh Allen isn't very good. But he's competitive and fearless. Maybe a little daft. Either way, letting him just do unorthodox stuff seems to be the only real way to win games with him. Because there's no way you're fitting him into traditional QB box. 

I think he is good but young and makes mistakes. Forces the ball. I may be off but think he has a lot of a young Kelly in him by his demeanor,competitiveness and raw talent. I believe for the first time since Kelly we have a franchise quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

The Allen pick was interesting. I don't think he was trying to complete the pass, I think he was trying not to get IG again, just trying to keep it near a WR and beyond the line of scrimmage. Obviously you just have to take the sack or IG instead. 

Daboll really chewed him out after, like he did Tyree in that preseason game. 

Garoppolo has 3 of his team's 4 turnovers so far 17 minutes into their game, they're dominating the Steelers otherwise. They look just like the Bills early versus the Jets. 

I view Josh like this.

He’s a QB who can do what I want him to do, but sometime’s does what I don’t want him to do.

I like that more than a QB who can’t do what I want him to do, although he never does what I don’t want him to do.

• Like (+1) 2

He’s way ahead of where I thought he’d be in the short/intermediate game.  Completion percentage 63% plus.  Consecutive games with 200 yards.  Less running, more progressions.  Frankly, the progress is huge.  He’s had 13 starts and finishes.  The guys love him.  He seems unflappable.  I’ll suffer through the occasional uglies.

• Like (+1) 6

This is Josh Allen's FIFTEENTH career regular season NFL game. Not even a full season's worth of games. He was drafted with the expectation that he'd be a project. Many were talking about sitting him for a full TWO seasons before seeing the field. The only knocks on him were his accuracy and his decision-making. He's already shown major improvements in accuracy. The decision-making is partly because he has a bit of a Brett Favre hero complex in him, but a lot of it is also due to inexperience. He's only going to get better in decision-making, not worse. Buffalo now has a franchise QB who will play 10+ years and annually lead them to 10+ wins. If we can get past Mahomes and the ageless Brady, maybe we'll even pick up a Super Bowl during the ride.

If you can't enjoy this 3-0 start and this team, then I don't know else to say. A lot of you here have some weird anti-Bills agenda. But then I think back at some of the stupid sh!t you people here have said about these Bills (should have kept Tyrod Taylor, should have drafted Rosen, McDermott is racist against black QB's, McDermott is running a religious cult and claps too much, etc...), and I realize that I should just ignore your garbage opinions and stick to having fun watching this team grow.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Just seen a couple of other young QB's throw the ball, Jackson had an uglier game than Allen.   Only difference is Jackson got bailed by his receivers quite a lot.   

My buddy said it was unbelievable some of the balls he was chucking up today. Echoed the same thing about his WRs. 

Young QBs, man. We have one. 

10 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

This is Josh Allen's FIFTEENTH career regular season NFL game. Not even a full season's worth of games. He was drafted with the expectation that he'd be a project. Many were talking about sitting him for a full TWO seasons before seeing the field. The only knocks on him were his accuracy and his decision-making. He's already shown major improvements in accuracy. The decision-making is partly because he has a bit of a Brett Favre hero complex in him, but a lot of it is also due to inexperience. He's only going to get better in decision-making, not worse. Buffalo now has a franchise QB who will play 10+ years and annually lead them to 10+ wins. If we can get past Mahomes and the ageless Brady, maybe we'll even pick up a Super Bowl during the ride.

If you can't enjoy this 3-0 start and this team, then I don't know else to say. A lot of you here have some weird anti-Bills agenda. But then I think back at some of the stupid sh!t you people here have said about these Bills (should have kept Tyrod Taylor, should have drafted Rosen, McDermott is racist against black QB's, McDermott is running a religious cult and claps too much, etc...), and I realize that I should just ignore your garbage opinions and stick to having fun watching this team grow.

I would like to formally nominate this for worst post in Sabrespace history. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen reminds me of a bigger Jim Harbaugh with a stronger arm.   

He's getting better, but there are still a handful of plays every game that I'm sure he wishes he could have back.    As long as he keeps progressing and those plays happen less often, that's all you can ask for.