Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This was the play I was trying to find.

I think it might be the best quarterback play I've ever seen a Bills quarterback make. Happy to receive reminders if I'm missing some. 

Terrific play by the young QB, for sure.

I am wondering why Beasley doesn’t cut off his route to give a hot read. 

I am also chuckling a bit, realizing lotsa people here never saw Kelly in his prime. Mind you, Kelly probably doesn’t make *that* throw, but man alive — there are stoopid highlights aplenty.

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm as encouraged by Allen's progress as I am disheartened by the Sabres' center spine. I certainly think he has farther to go than many Bills fans, but he's looking like at least an NFL starter, which is considerably better than I expected. 

Perfect description 

10 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

This was the play I was trying to find.

I think it might be the best quarterback play I've ever seen a Bills quarterback make. Happy to receive reminders if I'm missing some. 

How are we supposed to argue?  We have no idea what you have and haven't seen.?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Terrific play by the young QB, for sure.

I am wondering why Beasley doesn’t cut off his route to give a hot read. 

I am also chuckling a bit, realizing lotsa people here never saw Kelly in his prime. Mind you, Kelly probably doesn’t make *that* throw, but man alive — there are stoopid highlights aplenty.

Oh for sure, I don't mean to claim it's the best play a Bills QB has made. But I started watching the year that Holcomb lost the job to Losman. So it's likely the best play by a Bills QB I've ever seen made

I meant "live with my own two eyes" even though I didn't say it 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

We held Eli to 166 yards before he piled up 90 in those last two drives with 4 minutes left where we gave him the underneath stuff to run the clock off. It bummed me out because it inflates those stats and I think it ended our streak of holding passers under 190 passing yards, which was by far the longest of every team since the legion of boom

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Oh for sure, I don't mean to claim it's the best play a Bills QB has made. But I started watching the year that Holcomb lost the job to Losman. So it's likely the best play by a Bills QB I've ever seen made

I meant "live with my own two eyes" even though I didn't say it 

I have too much bouncing around in my head to remember specifics, but Losman had some truly phenomenal passes to Evans. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I have too much bouncing around in my head to remember specifics, but Losman had some truly phenomenal passes to Evans. 

Remember that game in Houston with the back-to-back 83 yard TD passes to #83? I loved Lee Evans so much as a kid

And then we won with seconds left in the fourth quarter on a back-of-the-end-zone strike to #81. I have no idea if that was James Hardy or Peerless Price's brief second stint here 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Through two weeks, according to PFF, Josh Allen has the best adjusted completion percentage while under pressure of any QB in the NFL (this stat is completion percentage while ignoring throwaways, spikes, receiver drops, or throws where the QB is hit during the motion)

He's in the process of proving a lot of people wrong, myself included, and I hope he keeps it up. 

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Through two weeks, according to PFF, Josh Allen has the best adjusted completion percentage while under pressure of any QB in the NFL (this stat is completion percentage while ignoring throwaways, spikes, receiver drops, or throws where the QB is hit during the motion)

That was the thing about the second half last Sunday:  I think he was playing it save, maybe a little too safe, and throwing the ball away more than in the first half.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  My biggest concern coming into this season is that he'd go all Tyrod and turn every pass play into a QB scramble.  The difference in QB sense this year compared to last is already very apparent.  Like Blue says, he looks like an NFL starter.  But as he fine tunes his game he will likely become much more than *just* a starter.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Update to the fun Metlife stat: This season, Allen has as many wins in Metlife Stadium as Eli and Darnold do combined since the start of LAST season

ie the Jets and Giants SUK 

Which brings me to my favorite tweet of the summer:

JetsPredict.thumb.PNG.ef4ba3d0d71591ba6aad3cf2d6c32474.PNG
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Brings me back to my complaints about before the season started with their hype

I am just trying to figure out what turd thought the Bills would get swept by the Jets after losing to them by 3, beating them by 31 and returning the exact same defense from the year before. If he had given us the split, sure whatever but really? The Jets were going to sweep Buffalo... lol. 

Also they aren't winning 1 game against the Patriots. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am just trying to figure out what turd thought the Bills would get swept by the Jets after losing to them by 3, beating them by 31 and returning the exact same defense from the year before. If he had given us the split, sure whatever but really? The Jets were going to sweep Buffalo... lol. 

Also they aren't winning 1 game against the Patriots. 

Hey, even the Bills in their long, long sub-prime era won a game against the Pats on occasion. #whynotthisyear

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

And he's needed to be. From what I've seen and then read, the O-line's play has been not great.