Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I recall now that this was the reason for my Britney WTF face .gif: If the implication of "drunk" was something closer to unconsciousness (blacked out), then my sense is that there are many jurisdictions, including in North America, in which intercourse with such a woman would be a crime.

Yeah but over there its not about being passed out drunk even, they just speak about intoxication which would limit the decision making of the persons involved.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Musing ...  how many rapists stop because of the lack of affirmative consent?  First blush, none.  Isn’t that a given?  Isn’t that definitional?

I see  a law that will not prevent a crime, but invite criminal scrutiny into non-crime.  Of course the crime is heinous, before someone tortures this post into into an unrecognizable non-sequitur and an example of rape culture.  But the heinousness of the crime matters not in examining the efficacy of the law designed to prevent it.  What Pandora’s boxes are opened by the statute?  I am glad I’m old.

Imagine the interviews, testimony and deliberation and the lives at risk.

You could acknowledge that while the law will not prevent crime, it will make justice easier to achieve after one.  I’ll weigh the language’s ability to deliver justice against its ability to do deliver injustice.

I am playing amorous scripts over in my mind and imagining twelve of my peers sorting through them.  “She was rather unenthusiastic.  You're under arrest.”

Haven't we all agreed that so called signals like “she asked for it, she dressed provocatively, she danced seductively” are NOT legitimate defenses?  Signals mean nothing until they’re ...  absent?

Rape is evil.  I’m trying to think of an adjective for the well intended nincompoops writing fixed language around the infinite variety of human intimacies and interactions.  We have reduced the most human of interaction to a contract in order to gain a protection that doesn’t arise.  Ah, progress ...

BRB, Gun Free Zones is on the other line ...

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Neo said:

Musing ...  how many rapists stop because of the lack of affirmative consent?  First blush, none.  Isn’t that a given?  Isn’t that definitional?

I see  a law that will not prevent a crime, but invite criminal scrutiny into non-crime.  Of course the crime is heinous, before someone tortures this post into into an unrecognizable non-sequitur and an example of rape culture.  But the heinousness of the crime matters not in examining the efficacy of the law designed to prevent it.  What Pandora’s boxes are opened by the statute?  I am glad I’m old.

You could acknowledge that while the law will not prevent crime, it will make justice easier to achieve after one.  I’ll weigh the language’s ability to deliver justice against its ability to do deliver injustice.

I am playing amorous scripts over in my mind and imagining twelve of my peers sorting through them.  “She was rather unenthusiastic.  You're under arrest.”

Haven't we all agreed that so called signals like “she asked for it, she dressed provocatively, she danced seductively” are NOT legitimate defenses?  Signals mean nothing until they’re ...  absent?

Rape is evil.  I’m trying to think of an adjective for the well intended nincompoops writing fixed language around the infinite variety of human intimacies and interactions.  We have reduced the most human of interaction to a contract in order to gain a protection that doesn’t arise.  Ah, progress ...

It just makes it easier to prosecute. Rapes are typically he said she said affairs that end up nowhere. 

These first three games are huge for the Bills. It doesn't get any easier after those 3, and good teams win games they should. We are better in every aspect than the Giants other than RB , TE, and maybe O-Line. Win this game Buffalo, show us you're not the same old Bills

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

These first three games are huge for the Bills. It doesn't get any easier after those 3, and good teams win games they should. We are better in every aspect than the Giants other than RB , TE, and maybe O-Line. Win this game Buffalo, show us you're not the same old Bills

I'm really nervous about this one. 

I think I'm going to say that every week though. 

I just kinda believe in these guys, and desperately want them to show me I should continue to

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm really nervous about this one. 

I think I'm going to say that every week though. 

I just kinda believe in these guys, and desperately want them to show me I should continue to

Yup. To me, the first step is winning games we should. Then let's worry about contending with some of the big boys.

Separately does @Brawndo have an account over at TSW, and is it YoloinOhio ? 

Edited by WildCard

2 hours ago, Neo said:

No law prevents crime.  Never has, never will.  This is the story of humanity.  Laws, and taxes now that I think of it, are the price we’ve all agreed to pay for the privilege of living in an organized and peaceful society.  Yes,  I’m well aware the shine is wearing off, mostly because the law is In no wise prepared to deal with money and those few who possess it, but I digress.  

It’s not as complicated as you make it.  Indeed, to argue that a lack of consent for sexual activity/contact can be explained away in certain circumstances based upon nothing more than the perception of the offender deprives the non-consenting party of human agency.  Which is and always has been the problem/the point.  Minus consent, affirmatively given, sexual contact/activity/jerking it whilst blocking the only exit is a crime.  End of.  Teach your children this, everyone.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

When this league is bad, it's unbelievably bad. 

This drive, from the spot on that 3rd down to that delay, is complete trash 

And Cam Newton is completely broken. Wow is he bad right now.

More and more, I find myself thinking that the emperor has no clothes when I’m watching those games.

Also, I have to think Newton’s shoulder is fubar’d.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, WildCard said:

Is it too early to call this a trap game?

Morphing Its A Trap GIF by Chris Piascik