Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

3 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

If my interpretation of the bolded is correct, you are stating that everyone else is probably cheating and lying about it too, and the act of calling out those who cheat and lie isn't important.

Regarding the first statement: simply no. If the Bills, for example, were cheating during the 21st century, then they did an incredibly terrible job of it I'd say. But the level of cheating that the Pats have done has been especially egregious in the advantages it has given them over opponents.

Regarding the second statement: I think it is very important to recognize, criticize, and shame bad behavior so that it does not become normalized and tacitly accepted. But I've clearly lost this debate in the eyes of the national sports media, as no one even mentions (or wants to mention) Spygate, Deflategate, etc... anymore. The bottom line is that it's okay to cheat and lie to get to the top because winning is the most important thing ever and no one gives a damn about the losers. If I may step on to my soapbox for a second: how very American. The 21st century Patriots are kind of a nice analogy for our modern capitalist system.

Whatever. At this point, I'm perfectly happy to end this particular discussion today so that we can all try and focus on enjoying the 1pm Bills game. I'll be back for Week 4, however.

It isn’t.  

You’re having a conversation with me that I’m not having with you or anyone else.  I’m not sure what you’re reading into my posts, but I haven’t said anything about the Pats and situational ethics, sportsmanship, conspiracies, economic systems, or the moral responsibility of good people and citizens.  Have at it, but you’re on your own, big fella’.