Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Mike Rodak will be the ESPN beat reporter for the Bills no longer.  Those of you who don't like him can rejoice.

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak
FollowFollow @mikerodak
More

Please join me in welcoming @Marcel_LJ as ESPN’s next Bills reporter, beginning in July. After six enjoyable seasons in Buffalo, my wife and I decided last year to move to Birmingham this summer as she transitions from her medical residency at @UBuffalo to practice.

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Turns out his replacement is the Panthers' beat reporter....

So much for 1BD remaining tight lipped.

Hopefully this guy doesn't spill the beans too early when he gets a scoop.  If he just gives us the news before "it's official" but after it actually goes down - like the way Butler was Berman's "cabbie" and told him who Buffalo picked after it was done but before it was announced, then cool.  If stuff the Bills want to do gets scuttled because this guy has a working relationship with people in Buffalo that came from Carolina then bring back that Cheatriot loving rodent, er, Rodak.

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So much for 1BD remaining tight lipped.

Hopefully this guy doesn't spill the beans too early when he gets a scoop.  If he just gives us the news before "it's official" but after it actually goes down - like the way Butler was Berman's "cabbie" and told him who Buffalo picked after it was done but before it was announced, then cool.  If stuff the Bills want to do gets scuttled because this guy has a working relationship with people in Buffalo that came from Carolina then bring back that Cheatriot loving rodent, er, Rodak.

Does the timing of when we find out matter one squirt, anyway? 

I just don’t get the Twitter hangers-on.

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Does the timing of when we find out matter one squirt, anyway? 

I just don’t get the Twitter hangers-on.

For the most part, no.

But IF somebody within 1BD is credibly indicating what the Bills want to do before they actually accomplish those moves (cough, cough Brandon, cough, cough Berchtold) then other teams can outmaneuver them (more easily than they already seemed to be doing).  The old "loose lips sink ships" philosophy.

Poster over at TBD posted this fun article in comparison of these new QB deals

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-08-19-sp-16974-story.html

Jim Kelly, record-setting passer in the United States Football League, became the highest-paid player in the National Football League Monday.

The Buffalo Bills signed Kelly to a five-year contract that, according to Kelly's agents, is worth between $7.5 million and $8 million. The salary, about $1.5 million a year, is at least $200,000 more than quarterback Joe Montana's annual pay with the San Francisco 49ers.

Edited by WildCard

The Amherst native [Gronkowski], who torched the Bills for 1,070 yards and 12 touchdowns throughout his nine-year NFL career, returned home last weekend, attending a charity event and catching up with childhood friends.

He also donated $50,000 to Oishei Children’s Hospital.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/18/rob-gronkowski-donates-to-buffalo-bills-hospital/