Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

13 hours ago, sodbuster said:

That's crazy, because I passed one eastbound on the 490 this morning.

Nope. No way. Aww naw.  You ain't from here dropping that "the" in front of a route number. That straight up wack ass Buffalo *****. No need for that here.'  ?

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

Nope. No way. Aww naw.  You ain't from here dropping that "the" in front of a route number. That straight up wack ass Buffalo *****. No need for that here.' 

I grew up in Rochester without the “the.” But then moved to Buffalo for my driving years and acquired the “the.” Now I’m in Columbus, where the only “the” we have is in front of The Ohio State University. But I spend a lot of time in LA for work, and they put a “the” on their expressways. 

I’m conflicted. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EichSnipe said:

I grew up in Rochester without the “the.” But then moved to Buffalo for my driving years and acquired the “the.” Now I’m in Columbus, where the only “the” we have is in front of The Ohio State University. But I spend a lot of time in LA for work, and they put a “the” on their expressways. 

I’m conflicted. 

Ah the good old 405... or just the 5, yeh they both suck.

I was all happy to read that Mark Kelso won't be on the broadcast anymore and Eric Wood is replacing him.  Then I sifted through pages of other "stuff".

I don't really care about football, but I will put the game on the radio when we're driving to my son's hockey games.  We both cannot stand Kelso, so, hooray!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Yeah I'm real interested in Sal's opinion. He might as well work for the Bills. 

He addresses that right in the article 

Sure, I’m the team’s radio sideline reporter and work for the flagship station.  So maybe you don’t want to just take my word for it.  That’s fine.  But if that’s the case, here’s a sampling of other media members’ observations while we were all out on the field watching No. 17 sling it around during the fourth of ten Organized Team Activities:

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’ll just leave this here.

Yeah, yeah.

Just a good sign is all.

Not for nothing, but what had Peterman done prior to that report (or ever) to provide hope that he could be a good NFL QB?  

Allen looking sharp is encouraging.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

He addresses that right in the article 

Cool, Sal is so impartial by only quoting guys who support his takes with....OTA stats? MMM let's read those tea leaves.  

Bills QBs looking good in non-game situations has basically never meant anything. But I guess we're all desperate for Josh Allen #CONTENT so give WGR those clicks. 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah, yeah.

Just a good sign is all.

Not for nothing, but what had Peterman done prior to that report (or ever) to provide hope that he could be a good NFL QB?  

Allen looking sharp is encouraging.

Obviously he did enough in the minds of Beane and McDermott to be named the Starting QB out of Training Camp last season. 

Don’t get me wrong, I want Allen to be the franchise QB the Bills have been looking for since Jim Kelly however ball-washing done for McBeane and Allen on Twitter by The Media and Fans can be quite nauseating at times. 

They have appeared to draft well and have remade the roster how they wanted it by getting rid of bad contracts. 

They also setup one of the worst possible situations for a rookie QB last year. Their starting QB had 2 career starts and 4 games played. They had a garbage OL which could not block for the run or the pass. A Receiver Corps that was deficient in talent although Robert Foster showed promise as the season went on. Finally a running game that was supposed to take pressure off the passing game was non existent.

Sal Cappaccio reported after the first game that the Bills would stick with Peterman as QB after the Season Opener because Allen was nowhere ready to be QB1, then less than seven days later he was magically ready?

Allen’s Injury was the best thing that could have happened to his development last year. 

They lucked into finding Barkley as a street free agent who turned into a very good mentor and backup. 

The Bills seem to be in capable hands for the first time in a long time but the coronation by some in the media and fan base as one of the greatest in NFL is extremely premature. 

Hopefully someday they earn that distinction. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I thought he worked for WGR.

Just because they have the contract that allows them to broadcast the Bills games doesn't mean he works for the Bills.

The Bills write some of his checks.

39 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Well there it is then. His only job is to get people to drink the kool aid. 

It’s wild because Chris Brown is even more of an employee for the Bills yet is more partial.

John Murphy, Kelso, Eric Wood are Bills employees. In Sal's role as sideline reporter during the broadcast I believe he is working for the Bills Radio Network. 

His role as Bills Beat Reporter is for WGR. 

Not speaking definitively, but I think this is the case. 

6 minutes ago, Lanny said:

John Murphy, Kelso, Eric Wood are Bills employees. In Sal's role as sideline reporter during the broadcast I believe he is working for the Bills Radio Network. 

His role as Bills Beat Reporter is for WGR. 

Not speaking definitively, but I think this is the case. 

Sounds right. either way, I've never viewed Sal as a Buffalo Jill.

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Obviously he did enough in the minds of Beane and McDermott to be named the Starting QB out of Training Camp last season. 

Bruh. C'mon. 

My point was simply that we've seen Allen do interesting*** promisingand remarkable things in the context of real NFL games. So, the fact that he's looking sharp, crisp, etc. in OTAs means something ... well, different than Peterman having looked like a competent signal caller during training camp and the preseason.

I'm not sure if it will end up meaning anything. But, here in late May, I'll take it.

*** not the right word, as Peterman definitely did some interesting things in real NFL games.

Edited by That Aud Smell