Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

It also leaked that Gase did not want to pay Le’ Veon Bell either, that should go well in the locker room

John Clayton said yesterday that he wouldn't be surprised if they traded him, which is kinda nuts.

16 minutes ago, sabills said:

Jerry Hughes re-signed for ~11.5 per year for 2 years.

What a highway robbery that trade was.

I love this line:

Hughes was drafted in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Colts to be an edge pass rusher; he was one of former general manager Bill Polian's worst picks in Indianapolis, totaling just 41 tackles and five sacks in three seasons. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165264/article/indianapolis-colts-trade-jerry-hughes-to-buffalo-bills

• Thanks (+1) 1

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26793693/bills-issue-oj-no-32-first-1977

The No. 32 has been put back in circulation by the Buffalo Bills for the first time since 1977, the last season O.J. Simpson wore the number.

Running back Senorise Perry, who signed with the Bills as a free agent, is wearing the number during the team's organized team activities. He told The Athletic that he thought the number was retired.

"I thought it was retired, but then I was told it was available. Boom, I took it," he told The Athletic.

Sorry for those of us who grew up with OJ this is blasphemy.  Later in life he sucked.  But with the Bills he was unreal.  Handed me and my friends oranges as we chased Bills on our bikes while they rode in old fash model Ts down Delaware Ave, signed a superman comic book at Buffalo airport.  He was larger than life back then.  His number should never be used..  seriously disappointed in the Bills.  

Edited by North Buffalo

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sorry for those of us who grew up with OJ this is blasphemy.  Later in life he sucked.  But with the Bills he was unreal.  Handed me and my friends oranges as we chased Bills on our bikes while they rode in old fash model Ts down Delaware Ave, signed a superman comic book at Buffalo airport.  He was larger than life back then.  His number should never be used..  seriously disappointed in the Bills.  

Then he killed two people.

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

This is a surprisingly bad take from you.

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Fair enough, but he wasnt with the Bills then. Doesnt lessen what he did as a Bill just distract people who cant handle the duality that is OJ

I understand your point, honestly. I never really know what to do in these situations. Can you separate the man from the football player? Can I still watch The Usual Suspects knowing about Kevin Spacey now? Or how about ANY Harvey Weinstein film? Its a personal choice you have to make about how you handle that.

I'm not saying burn your OJ gear and forget all the good stuff, but I do think its a bad look for the team to continue supporting him considering his later stuff.

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is a surprisingly bad take from you.

May have to ignore you Dark on this one... read on. You were not there when OJ was, guess I cant expect you to understand... His later in life stupidity notwithstanding.  

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Hey understand why they dont officially retire his number, but it should not be used imo. New guy couldnt hold OJ's jock so why do it.

No one can live up to what he was as a football player and no one should want to be associated with his name due to what he did after being a player.  It's probably best just to pretend the number doesn't exist.  Using it again brings unwanted attention.  Leaving things alone would not have gotten any attention at all.  The choice seems obvious to me.

• Like (+1) 3