Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

12 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

On that note, either McCoy is toast on this team or we just wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who will be inactive all season. 

They didn't have real depth at the spot. Murphy is average and Gore and McCoy are approaching 100. I think Devin gets a minimum of 25% of this seasons snaps.

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

McCoy is going to be traded.  He is owned 9 mill this season, but the Bills save 6.8 if he is traded or release.  Expect him to be traded and soon.

Why?! Are the Bills hurting for cap space this season or something? Do we really need another 2020 6th round pick so badly? Are we really going to get rid of the main guy who recruited Gore? Are we confident enough that injuries won't happen at the RB position this year?

Here's my prediction at RB/FB: we keep 4 active on the roster (McCoy, Gore, Perry, DiMarco), Singletary inactive, Yeldon cut.

By the way, the Bills are having an amazing draft so far and a very impressive off-season overall! The one glaring roster need is starting DE opposite Hughes, but I suspect we either go Ansah or a Clowney trade to resolve this issue.

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

McCoy is going to be traded.  He is owned 9 mill this season, but the Bills save 6.8 if he is traded or release.  Expect him to be traded and soon.

money and cap space is not an issue with this team.

16 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Why?! Are the Bills hurting for cap space this season or something? Do we really need another 2020 6th round pick so badly? Are we really going to get rid of the main guy who recruited Gore? Are we confident enough that injuries won't happen at the RB position this year?

Here's my prediction at RB/FB: we keep 4 active on the roster (McCoy, Gore, Perry, DiMarco), Singletary inactive, Yeldon cut.

By the way, the Bills are having an amazing draft so far and a very impressive off-season overall! The one glaring roster need is starting DE opposite Hughes, but I suspect we either go Ansah or a Clowney trade to resolve this issue.

no way they’re making a third round pick inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

According to Spotrac.com, the Bills still have 30 mill to spend and therefore can afford to keep Shady.  However, in the NFL, teams can roll forward their excess cap from a prior year.  In simple terms this means that Buffalo can exceed the 2020 cap by 30 mill if they keep the current cap situation.  Trade Shady and now you have 36 mill to rollover on a young and improving team that may need to make a splash in the 2019 off-season to fill some holes.  Also don't assume only a draft pick is coming back.  I can see a cap dump kind of trade that benefits both teams. The Bills trade Shady and get back a DE and another play with a cap hit that helps our depth for the season and is then let go.

The RB room is getting crowded.  Yeldon, Gore, Shady and now Singletary.  Also they signed Perry, and still have Murphy and Wade hanging around.  A few of these guys won't make the team.  I think Shady is one of the odd men out.  I admit trading Shady could leave a suspect backfield with an aging Gore, a rookie in Singletary and the inconsistent Yeldon, but that also opens up opportunity for the talented Yeldon and Singletary, who as @Hoss said, they didn't spend a 3rd on a guy who isn't going to play.

Also McCoy should be sent packing after the End Game Tweet

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

16 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I understand your feelings on this, but still -- the Bills are easing his pain.  Good for them.

A very valid point. I have no beef with that.

It’s that feeling that they’re doing other stuff with it as well that doesn’t settle with me.

At the end of the day, I may be mistaking a matter of personal preference for a matter of principle.

16 hours ago, ... said:

If you've never been there, you might not understand.  There were similar things happening when my brother was dying in Roswell last month.  It IS tawdry, but that's okay.  It's better than being a miserable wreck, and being alive and tawdry is better than being dead...and unable to be tawdry.

Thanks for that. I have been there - front row center. Your point is a good one.

Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson is signing with the #Bills on a deal that guarantees him $75,000, source said. By far the most surprising signal-caller not drafted now becomes a big (literally) project behind Buffalo's other big-armed QB.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 27, 2019

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

LOL UB 

Your Bona inferiority complex continues to be impressive. 

Bold prediction: Tyree has a longer NFL career than Daniel Jones.

Edit: That said, he obviously shouldn't have declared for the draft this year. He got some bad advice. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

50 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Your Bona inferiority complex continues to be impressive. 

Bold prediction: Tyree has a longer NFL career than Daniel Jones.

Edit: That said, he obviously shouldn't have declared for the draft this year. He got some bad advice. 

i guess we can't get married then? ?

for the record, i was rooting hard for the bills to take johnson all the way back to the 5th round. i wanted tyree to be drafted, as well. i have no issues with the UB football program, but i'm entertained by the fans that thought those guys were first, second or third-round picks.

on your prediction: that could very well happen. there's been some response to him not being drafted by analysts saying they think he's going to be a very good starter for a long time.

also, bonas hasn't had a football program since the 50s and still has more nfl hall of famers than UB.

Edited by Hoss

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson is signing with the #Bills on a deal that guarantees him $75,000, source said. By far the most surprising signal-caller not drafted now becomes a big (literally) project behind Buffalo's other big-armed QB.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 27, 2019

I love this signing.  I don't know if he will work out, but I predicted the Bills would get him as a project to develop behind Allen.  I actually work out with a former Bill and I told him on Friday that I wanted the Bills to take and develop Jackson. He told me that most NFL teams aren't that far sighted.  

On 4/27/2019 at 1:10 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

According to Spotrac.com, the Bills still have 30 mill to spend and therefore can afford to keep Shady.  However, in the NFL, teams can roll forward their excess cap from a prior year.  In simple terms this means that Buffalo can exceed the 2020 cap by 30 mill if they keep the current cap situation.  Trade Shady and now you have 36 mill to rollover on a young and improving team that may need to make a splash in the 2019 off-season to fill some holes.  Also don't assume only a draft pick is coming back.  I can see a cap dump kind of trade that benefits both teams. The Bills trade Shady and get back a DE and another play with a cap hit that helps our depth for the season and is then let go.

The RB room is getting crowded.  Yeldon, Gore, Shady and now Singletary.  Also they signed Perry, and still have Murphy and Wade hanging around.  A few of these guys won't make the team.  I think Shady is one of the odd men out.  I admit trading Shady could leave a suspect backfield with an aging Gore, a rookie in Singletary and the inconsistent Yeldon, but that also opens up opportunity for the talented Yeldon and Singletary, who as @Hoss said, they didn't spend a 3rd on a guy who isn't going to play.

Also McCoy should be sent packing after the End Game Tweet

The Bills have over $70 million of cap space in 2020 with 50 players signed, and that's not even including any of the potential $30+ million 2019 rollover cap. The $6 million additional rollover cap gained from getting rid of McCoy this year is COMPLETELY NEGLIGIBLE. McCoy is a future Hall of Famer ready to redeem himself after one bad season, a season in which he was surrounded by perhaps the most atrocious collection of pass catchers, offensive linemen, and QB performances in Bills history. The 2019 Bills will feature a run-heavy offense, and McCoy helps the 2019 Bills win now, which is simply more important than having $6 million extra to spend in 2020. It's only a crowded backfield right now while everyone is healthy. Yeldon isn't actually that good, and the 2019 free agent market supported this argument. If Singletary shows any ability to catch out of the backfield, Yeldon is gone. And yes, it's actually fairly common for 3rd round picks to start their rookie seasons inactive on rosters that are healthy and full of depth like the 2019 Bills. Look it up.