Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The NFL Schedule will be released tomorrow at 8pm on NFL Network. 

Of course most of it will leak early 

If they break tradition and the Bills start on the road (they’ve been alternating for a while and were on the road week 1 last year) I’ll be so mad. I’ll actually be back in Buffalo for a wedding week one.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What's the cringeworthy part?  The flag in a practice facility?

The shirts. They have had shirts in the past that were just fine but these seem kinda short sighted. I mean if your an opponent, what's the first thing you talk smack about. If you are a fan and they get off to a 1-4 start, what are you going to reference. Also, it kinda infers they'd be happy with 12th place. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

The shirts. They have had shirts in the past that were just fine but these seem kinda short sighted. I mean if your an opponent, what's the first thing you talk smack about. If you are a fan and they get off to a 1-4 start, what are you going to reference. Also, it kinda infers they'd be happy with 12th place. 

What if you start 4-1 instead. 

"Playoff Caliber" is something that McDermott has been pushing as a slogan since he got here. Article from Oct 2017:

Not long after Sean McDermott took over the Buffalo Bills in January, the first-year coach made "playoff caliber" a ubiquitous slogan around the practice facility.

It is found on the hallway walls between meeting rooms, on players' nameplates in the locker room, on the doors of the team cafeteria and on T-shirts players wear when they're not practicing. The words have become so ingrained in the thinking of those within the organization that when veteran cornerback Shareece Wright took an eight-hour Uber ride from Chicago to make a voluntary practice in June, coaches praised him by telling him his action was -- you guessed it -- playoff caliber.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/29736/signs-point-to-bills-breaking-17-season-playoff-drought

The video from Feb 2018 was titled Playoff Caliber

Edited by Lanny

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

What's the cringeworthy part?  The flag in a practice facility?

Never underestimate a person's desire to micromanage the minutia of someone else's life/livelihood. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't really understand the frenzy around the schedule release. Anyone that would like to explain it to me, I'm all ears. 

For me, it means planning a short vacation to an away game, and a couple of friends coming into town to see their teams, and planning those weekends.

2 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

For me, it means planning a short vacation to an away game, and a couple of friends coming into town to see their teams, and planning those weekends.

Ah I guess the same goes for out of towners looking for home dates. 

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't really understand the frenzy around the schedule release. Anyone that would like to explain it to me, I'm all ears. 

I don't honestly care. I figured I would post it when it comes across my twitter for others. 

Just now, inkman said:

Also, there's always some excitement around prime time games. I don't really like them, mostly because MNF or TNF games mean I've totally killed two weekdays.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

The only Bills game that I really care about is the home opener as I always go to that game and meet up with about 20 family and friends for the weekend. As a whole it is one of the highlights of my year usually right up until the actual game. I dont gamble or play fantasy football and the Bills are the Bills so I have a hard time getting excited for anything NFL related these days.