Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

On 3/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, That Aud Smell said:

I'm not here to debate that.

I know both towns quite well. The GTA is about 7 million people. Greater Buffalo's probably more like 1 million. They're just different places, with different vibes. As a city of its size and complexity, Toronto has more hustle and bustle (and money (and glamour)) than Buffalo. And if you're a young pro athlete who's looking for some bright lights, Toronto will do the trick. Buffalo won't.

that is a good point. More celebrities and bright lights for sure.==PS--slight correction---Toronto is more like 6.4 million and Buffalo's actual metro area is about 1.6 incl its contiguous southern ontario NF and St Catherines....-But most of the people I know from toronto arent all that impressed with Toronto.Big cities are a dime a dozen and are mostly a pain in the butt. I am thankful I live a bit outside the SF bay area. Now that area really has over 7 million people and its a trafficky overpriced nightmare. I lived there for years.Even when I was young it never seemed that wonderful.

Edited by calti

On 3/15/2019 at 11:23 AM, Stu said:

Not sure what you mean by the "real" midwest.  I will disagree on the winter's, every winter that I've lived here I've managed to sneak a few rounds of golf in. 

The summer does get too hot here, WNY has ideal summer conditions IMO but the trade off of shoveling my driveway 4 times a winter instead of 4 times a week is palatable.

the real midwest is west of Buffalo--where the humidity is waay higher and the summers hotter and the winters colder. just distinguishing KC,St Louis,Chicago from pittsburgh,Buffalo etc.

I lived in iowa for a while--and that weather sucked.Both sumer and winter. The people were GREAT though.Loved them.

49 minutes ago, calti said:

the real midwest is west of Buffalo--where the humidity is waay higher and the summers hotter and the winters colder. just distinguishing KC,St Louis,Chicago from pittsburgh,Buffalo etc.

I lived in iowa for a while--and that weather sucked.Both sumer and winter. The people were GREAT though.Loved them.

None of those cities is colder than Buffalo.

Edited by JujuFish

1 hour ago, calti said:

Glam factor??? what>??? accidentally running into a canadian rapper??? Yonge street just oozes with so much excitement?--its a myth

those poor athletes not having their museum and vegan restaurant choices....--one thing--and its a big thing that does give toronto an advantage  is the larger 'press'....But in this age that is becoming less important because of alternatives.

You're out of your skull if you think that Toronto doesn't have a glam factor that Buffalo lacks.  It's not even worth arguing about.  And I won't argue about it.  You're just plainly incorrect.

42 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

None of those cities is colder than Buffalo.

Chicago is colder (believe me please!), but I get your point.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Chicago is colder (believe me please!), but I get your point.

Not according to average temperatures.  Not even joking.  It's close, but Buffalo is colder (at least according to actual temps, wind chill is a different matter).

13 hours ago, calti said:

that is a good point. More celebrities and bright lights for sure.==PS--slight correction---Toronto is more like 6.4 million and Buffalo's actual metro area is about 1.6 incl its contiguous southern ontario NF and St Catherines....-But most of the people I know from toronto arent all that impressed with Toronto.Big cities are a dime a dozen and are mostly a pain in the butt. I am thankful I live a bit outside the SF bay area. Now that area really has over 7 million people and its a trafficky overpriced nightmare. I lived there for years.Even when I was young it never seemed that wonderful.

Image result for wait what gif

ESPN has a report up saying that the Kaepernick grievance is paying out under $10 million to the players.  It doesn't say whether each player gets that amount or if it is split between the two.  That doesn't seem like the huge loss for the league that some might have expected when the deal was reached.  It's a shame that we'll never get the full details on that one.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

ESPN has a report up saying that the Kaepernick grievance is paying out under $10 million to the players.  It doesn't say whether each player gets that amount or if it is split between the two.  That doesn't seem like the huge loss for the league that some might have expected when the deal was reached.  It's a shame that we'll never get the full details on that one.

I think we know the details, except for the payout.  32 owners colluded.  Easy enough to see.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think we know the details, except for the payout.  32 owners colluded.  Easy enough to see.

<32.  But anyway, I’d love to know what else is in this deal beyond a payout. Also, what makes the two of them walk away with what seems like a small payout (granted I don’t know off hand what they asked for originally).

15 hours ago, shrader said:

<32.  But anyway, I’d love to know what else is in this deal beyond a payout. Also, what makes the two of them walk away with what seems like a small payout (granted I don’t know off hand what they asked for originally).

To be fair, there are conflicting reports on the payout. But regardless, the sense I’ve heard from a lot of the legal analysts on this was regardless of whether or not the NFL thought they were guilty they simply couldn’t afford to risk going into discovery and having that much dirty laundry made public.

27 minutes ago, Hoss said:

To be fair, there are conflicting reports on the payout. But regardless, the sense I’ve heard from a lot of the legal analysts on this was regardless of whether or not the NFL thought they were guilty they simply couldn’t afford to risk going into discovery and having that much dirty laundry made public.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that one.  And I'd imagine that dirty laundry would cover things completely unrelated to the collusion claim.  Still, the numbers being thrown around over the last two days don't really scream "make this go away at any cost" to me.  I guess that bar is just a bit lower than I'd expect it to be.

Edited by shrader

16 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Gronk retired.  One less worry.

Feels like its been a decade since he's done any real damage against the Bills.  Doesn't matter, they'll just find someone on the scrap heap that will put up all pro numbers.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Feels like its been a decade since he's done any real damage against the Bills.  Doesn't matter, they'll just find someone on the scrap heap that will put up all pro numbers.  

I agree with regarding Gronk.  But I do feel that the Bills and NYJ are rising and the Paytoilets are sinking.  Gronk is just the first brick in the wall.

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I agree with regarding Gronk.  But I do feel that the Bills and NYJ are rising and the Paytoilets are sinking.  Gronk is just the first brick in the wall.

I can't get there until that corpse is burned, buried and forgotten. 

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They'll probably sign Clay and turn him into a Pro-Bowler.

He signed with the Cardinals a couple days after we cut him

43 minutes ago, shrader said:

I get my Bills CBs named Gaines mixed up.  EJ was the good one, right?

Yes

Antonio brown trolled Buffalo on some social media, sorry, can't embed as I don't know how. 

Kinda sad that 3 weeks after the fact he feels so inadequate that he needed to do that, would love to see some on field pride/hard knocks if we meet up this season. 

23 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Antonio brown trolled Buffalo on some social media, sorry, can't embed as I don't know how. 

Kinda sad that 3 weeks after the fact he feels so inadequate that he needed to do that, would love to see some on field pride/hard knocks if we meet up this season.