Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agency-day-2-john-dorsey-browns-win-big-while-giants-are-biggest-losers-by-trading-odell-beckham/

CBS likes what the Bills have done

Weapons for Allen in Kroft (overpriced) Brown and Beasley.

OL depth (Nsekhe and Feliciano) and a young but expensive C in Morse to improve Allen’s protection.

RB depth in  Frank Gore (really?)

plus a good CB in Johnson

I read they can walk away from him after one year if he doesn't perform, its a great deal.

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I read they can walk away from him after one year if he doesn't perform, its a great deal.

That’s a fine contact but furthers my indifferent feelings about Kroft. He’s so good the best deal he could get is a one-year deal with options. Josh Allen has zero go-to targets and a brutal offensive line still.

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Also signed OL Spencer Long in Feb.

He’s a backup. Or should be, but this is McBeane’s team.

But Ivory is still a Bill.

Our RB depth chart is a joke.  

1) McCoy - age 30

2) Gore - age 35

3) Ivory - age 30

Seriously?  In a league where RB’s are usually done by 29, we have a 95 year old backfield and still no heir apparent for McCoy whose has diminished  each of the last 2 seasons.  I can accept the OLine sucked last year and that was part of the problem, but not all of it. 

I wanted us to draft either Chubb or Michel last year.  As usual NE grabbed Michel and Cleveland grabbed Chubb a few picks later.  As usual for the Bills they didn’t even draft an RB last year and haven’t drafted one above the 5th rd since 2010.  In these 8 drafts they have drafted 3 RBs total; all 5th rd picks.  Johnny White (2011),  Karlos Williams (2015) and Jonathan Williams (2016).  

Hard to build a good running game if you don’t actually draft running backs at all, much less good ones.

and we wonder why the Bills continues stink.

Instead we have a 95 year old backfield.  Yeah!

Right now we are scheduled to draft 9th and 40th.  A good RB better be at one of those two picks.  We also need OLine still and a replacement for Kyle Williams.  I wouldn’t mind seeing trade down in the 1st and getting at least one more pick in the top 2 rounds to fill these 3 needs.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 3/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, inkman said:

49 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But Ivory is still a Bill.

Our RB depth chart is a joke.  

1) McCoy - age 30

2) Gore - age 35

3) Ivory - age 30

Seriously?  In a league where RB’s are usually done by 29, we have a 95 year old backfield and still no heir apparent for McCoy whose has diminished  each of the last 2 seasons.  I can accept the OLine sucked last year and that was part of the problem, but not all of it. 

I wanted us to draft either Chubb or Michel last year.  As usual NE grabbed Michel and Cleveland grabbed Chubb a few picks later.  As usual for the Bills they didn’t even draft an RB last year and haven’t drafted one above the 5th rd since 2010.  In these 8 drafts they have drafted 3 RBs total; all 5th rd picks.  Johnny White (2011),  Karlos Williams (2015) and Jonathan Williams (2016).  

Hard to build a good running game if you don’t actually draft running backs at all, much less good ones.

and we wonder why the Bills continues stink.

Instead we have a 95 year old backfield.  Yeah!

Right now we are scheduled to draft 9th and 40th.  A good RB better be at one of those two picks.  We also need OLine still and a replacement for Kyle Williams.  I wouldn’t mind seeing trade down in the 1st and getting at least one more pick in the top 2 rounds to fill these 3 needs.

If only someone had succinctly posted something about this 4 days earlier with relevant info about how it fits in with the rest of the league. ?

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

If only someone had succinctly posted something about this 4 days earlier with relevant info about how it fits in with the rest of the league. ?

I didn’t even know about the league wide info when I wrote by post.  I just know from watching football for 5 decades that the tire tread on most RBs last for about 5 years post college even good ones.  30 years old starting RBs in the NFL are extremely rare and the tweed proves it.  Sad, but par for the course with the Bills post Bill Polian.

I think I posted something similar before the 2018 draft.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Not that I'm expecting anything from Buffalo, but are their any of the bigger fish left out there on the market at this point?

The team is hosting Ezekiel Ansah today. If they’re looking at veteran pass rushers then Justin Houston is also out there. Markus Golden is also there but meh. Bruce Irvin.

Suh is still there for the interior.

Who most people consider as the top WR is also still there in Golden Tate. He publicly showed interest in Pittsburgh who signed Donte Moncrief (who I love but is probably a slightly worse version of Tate).

Edited by Hoss
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'd bet they're done in the WR area, at least for names you'd know. I'd bank on another depth OL signing somewhere. So then the DL is the other big spot they need to fill holes. If they get Ansah they'll have done a pretty good job filling a lot of their holes without going too big for anyone. That frees them up a lot in the draft, and I'd bet they trade down if they have the option unless someone like Josh Allen (no, the other one) or  one of the top O-linemen fall.

6 minutes ago, sabills said:

I'd bet they're done in the WR area, at least for names you'd know.

Do you mean in free agency/trades or draft too? Because if they go into the season with this WR corps it’s still one of the worst in the league.

Just now, Hoss said:

Do you mean in free agency/trades or draft too? Because if they go into the season with this WR corps it’s still one of the worst in the league.

I just mean free agency. I'd bank on one in the first 3 rounds. They're getting kinda full for right now, though. They brought 8 WR's out of camp last year, they have 9 under contract now. Add 1 or 2 in the draft plus a handful of UFA's and I don't see them going all out for a Tate. Not impossible though. He might come cheap.

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It's tough to argue the point when they just so clearly lack a true #1. But there's some reason for optimism as well.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Golden Tate signed with the Giants so that’s the final noteworthy WR off the board.

Took a quick look, you've got Randall Cobb and Crabtree out there still, but I don't think either are that much better than what the Bills have now.

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Golden Tate signed with the Giants so that’s the final noteworthy WR off the board.

You seem really bothered by this whole scenario. Not just Tate but the fact the Bills didn't get Antonio Brown or OBJ or Julio Jones or AJ Green or any of the other top 10 receivers in the game. It would have been nice. If they trade a 1st and 3rd, would you have been happy as well? 

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

You seem really bothered by this whole scenario. Not just Tate but the fact the Bills didn't get Antonio Brown or OBJ or Julio Jones or AJ Green or any of the other top 10 receivers in the game. It would have been nice. If they trade a 1st and 3rd, would you have been happy as well? 

I didn’t want Golden Tate. Especially not after who we added knowing the contract Tate would require.

I would have been ecstatic if we had dealt our first and third plus a player (assuming safety then either is fine) for OBJ. I would’ve lost my mind. I lost my mind when the AB report happened. I’d give even more for Julio. I wouldn’t give that much for AJ because of his injury history and his contract situation.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Beane seemed fired up during the press conference today.  Not sure if it was a premeditated response as damage control from the AB situation or genuine sincerity but if it was the latter I like it.  

I don’t care what it was. It’s an embarrassing situation for the team and the city no matter how much truth lies in the reports or the insults that followed.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I don’t care what it was. It’s an embarrassing situation for the team and the city no matter how much truth lies in the reports or the insults that followed.

Not as embarrassing as the situation is for Pittsburgh though.

Mike Schopp was really grating today (I know when isn't he).

He was stating they should have greeted Mitch with a steak. Dude. It's Buffalo. We do chicken wings. 

You think Philly doesn't do this with cheesesteak sandos?  Or Green Bay with cheese?  Or Chicago with deep dish pizza?  His high brow attitude is reaching the tipping point. 

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Mike Schopp was really grating today (I know when isn't he).

He was stating they should have greeted Mitch with a steak. Dude. It's Buffalo. We do chicken wings. 

You think Philly doesn't do this with cheesesteak sandos?  Or Green Bay with cheese?  Or Chicago with deep dish pizza?  His high brow attitude is reaching the tipping point. 

What other fans even know when a guys plane is landing and knows what they look like and then meets them at the airport.

Shopp has been even worse lately.