Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Further indication the Bills have no idea what they are doing.  They have the leagues oldest backfield and just made it significantly older. At a position everyone is looking for youth and speed. 

Gore fits our offense better as a runner, he knows how to hit a hole and at least get positive yardage instead of dancing behind the line of scrimmage.  I was hoping that they would draft Benny Snell as he's a similar type bruising runner but, for a year, Gore will be a guy who will consistently get 3-5 yards up the gut for us on first down.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Gore fits our offense better as a runner, he knows how to hit a hole and at least get positive yardage instead of dancing behind the line of scrimmage.  I was hoping that they would draft Benny Snell as he's a similar type bruising runner but, for a year, Gore will be a guy who will consistently get 3-5 yards up the gut for us on first down.

That's the problem. We shouldn't be running an offense that is designed that way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

They better sign this guy after the underwhelming moves they've made so far. I was hoping for him over Paradis. Make it happen Beano

3 years younger and arguably a better pass blocker.  Looks like a solid signing to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He's been stuck behind Eiffert. 

Morse getting 44mil over 4 years. Steep price. 

With Eifert's injury history, is one ever really stuck behind him? Kroft had a single year that could even be classified as okay. It's not a cap breaking deal or anything, but assuming he's our starter, I'm not sure he's any better than Clay. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

With Eifert's injury history, is one ever really stuck behind him? Kroft had a single year that could even be classified as okay. It's not a cap breaking deal or anything, but assuming he's our starter, I'm not sure he's any better than Clay. 

I think he has better hands than Clay

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I like the Morse signing a lot. The Kroft signing? Less so. Seems like a healthy chunk of change for JAG. 

Definitely an overpayment for an avg TE, but there wasn't much else out there. Maybe they can get Hock in the draft and have your starter right there.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Definitely an overpayment for an avg TE, but there wasn't much else out there. Maybe they can get Hock in the draft and have your starter right there.

That would make this signing worse. But whatever. Again, it's not a crap crippling deal, just don't think it's a "judicious" use of space. 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

That would make this signing worse. But whatever. Again, it's not a crap crippling deal, just don't think it's a "judicious" use of space. 

Kroft might be their insurance plan just in case they don't get whoever else they have their eyes on. Either way they still need more guys at the position with Croom the only TE on the roster.

Gore: good signing once they cut Ivory. They signed a better back to a one-year deal for less than they’ll get when they cut Ivory. Adds a small amount of cap and improves the team for a year while a rookie learns. Also: a rookie should learn a ton from Gore and Shady.

Kroft: hate it. He’s never been “good” but he got paid like he has. He’s this offseason’s Trent Murphy.

Morse: love it. One of the league’s best centers and that’s a HUGE need. Spends years with Allen which is great.

Johnson: don’t know the numbers yet but if he came cheap that’s a good signing. If it’s got multi-year guarantees then it’s bad.

I'm actually a little bit encouraged.  These aren't bad FA signings, Gore came cheap, and maybe there's room for a certain Buffalo-based running back in the fourth round?

I really can't hate the moves so far.

Still need a #1 WR.