Audio — MSG vs. WGR

PASabreFan

It could very well be my cheapo TV, but I've noticed this season that Rick's goal calls, the initial "scooooore" part to be more precise, often get wiped out by the horn. But when I hear the calls on WGR, his voice can easily be heard over the horn.

Anybody else notice this?

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It could very well be my cheapo TV, but I've noticed this season that Rick's goal calls, the initial "scooooore" part to be more precise, often get wiped out by the horn. But when I hear the calls on WGR, his voice can easily be heard over the horn.

For me, it seems the horn only wipes out his "scoooore" call during home games.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The sound mix on TV has, as per usual with MSG, been awful.  During the Jets game I was subjected to some knucklehead in the crowd yelling Let's Go Jets! so loud I was having trouble hearing the play by play.  They had the mix really screwed up the other night when Dunleavy was calling the game too.

I don't listen to WGR specifically, but on the Rochester broadcast on 96.5.  I have noticed that they have altered the play-by-play audio to sound more AM, almost like they put that into mono.  It used to get lost in the ice microphones they were mixing from TV.  Now it sounds very crisp against the much fainter ice microphones.

I have center ice and watch a lot of hockey from around the league.

The Sabres produced TV broadcasts are among the worst in the league, from a technical perspective.

RJ is so far removed from the old, true RJ, Rob Ray is pretty terrible, the team in general is back to being disappointing most nights....and then throw in the horrible Sabres broadcasts...and I am now actually choosing the other team's broadcasts when I have the chance, much of the time.

It's also interesting to get alternative views on the Sabres from around the league. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/11/2019 at 4:33 PM, Kruppstahl said:

I have center ice and watch a lot of hockey from around the league.

The Sabres produced TV broadcasts are among the worst in the league, from a technical perspective.

RJ is so far removed from the old, true RJ, Rob Ray is pretty terrible, the team in general is back to being disappointing most nights....and then throw in the horrible Sabres broadcasts...and I am now actually choosing the other team's broadcasts when I have the chance, much of the time.

It's also interesting to get alternative views on the Sabres from around the league. 

I think you have to play up to your fan base. People in BFLO know their hockey like the back of their hand. Go to Sunrise, it's great to have Potvin, Moller and then Goldie doing PBP. He has two other people to take care of and he's done a pretty good job and letting each one talk and still call the game. I usually still turn them off because Goldie's voice could shatter glass.

Sabres fans just need background noise, they know what's going on. And Ray and RJ have become pretty funny over the last few years.  

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.