GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres. 10 February 2019 @ 3:00 PM EST

SABRES 0311

004D3766-7BC8-499A-9D25-D73E9915C8F2.thumb.jpeg.2d69509ef74e0b3b09234a52bd7f2ee8.jpeg

Ok folks here we go! Our Sabres get ready to clip the Jets’ wings and ground them. Below is excerpts from the Winnipeg Sun and I thought it would be fun to see it from another perspective. Mr. Laine meet Mr. McCabe. Oh you’ve already met. Must have been a smashing conversation.

THE BIG MATCHUP

Jacob Trouba and Josh Morrissey vs. Jeff Skinner

The future of the Sabres’ top goal-scorer remains a question mark, with Skinner set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. However, what’s not a question is that Skinner remains one of the top goal-scorers in the NHL (33) and he will garner plenty of attention from the Jets’ top pairing of Trouba and Morrissey.

GAME DAY LINEUPS

Winnipeg Jets

Forwards

Kyle Connor-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler

Patrik Laine-Bryan Little-Jack Roslovic

Mathieu Perreault-Adam Lowry-Brandon Tanev

Brendan Lemieux-Andrew Copp-Mason Appleton

Defence

Josh Morrissey-Jacob Trouba

Ben Chiarot-Dustin Byfuglien

Joe Morrow-Tyler Myers

Buffalo Sabres

Forwards

Jeff Skinner-Jack Eichel-Jason Pominville

Conor Sheary-Casey Mittelstadt-Sam Reinhart

Zemgus Girgensons-Johan Larsson-Kyle Okposo

Vladimir Sobotka-Evan Rodrigues-Tage Thompson

Defence

Rasmus Dahlin-Zach Bogosian

Marco Scandella-Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe-Lawrence Pilut

SPECIAL TEAMS

POWER PLAY

Winnipeg: 26.5.% (4th)

Buffalo: 17.8% (20th)

PENALTY KILLING

Winnipeg 80.4% (14th)

Buffalo: 82.2% (T8th)

I was out yesterday morning to do my homestand point watch, but we actually played a pretty good defensive game and secured 2 much needed points. Having lost to the Canes though 10 points may no longer be enough. Our maximum points is now down to 11.

Total Games played: 4
Total Games Remaining: 3
Homestand Record: 2-1-1
Total Points obtained: 5
Total Points remaining: 6
Points required to hit 10: 5
Record options: 5-1-1(11),  4-1-2 (10),

So we need to pull out at least 2 more wins, and at least 1 point in every game remaining. Hopefully we look a lot more like yesterday than we did on Thursday. It's another afternoon game, and we seem to play pretty well in those this season.

Once again we MUST WIN!

• Thanks (+1) 3

Columbus won again last night. Do you think we can end up with a better record than Pitt?

I think today really is a must win game. I am also starting to think that it might not be a bad idea to trade Skinner and then try to sign him in the summer. This does not look like a year we are going to make the playoffs with all of these wild card teams that keep winning. Montreal and Boston will not be caught and Columbus just seems like they are not going to drop either. Pittsburgh will eventually put it together and make a run which would leave Buffalo out in the dust.

With all the angst on this site recently, if you had told me we would be tied with Pittsburgh with a victory today and possibly tied for 8th in the conference at the beginning of the year, would anyone in their right minds have turned that down. Even with the OT loss to the Hurricanes the other day, the chance to watch a meaningful game in February was nothing short of awesome for me. It also cracks me up when it's stated that we're not playing the young guys, if I'm not mistaken we have basically 5 rookies playing in the lineup yesterday, Tage, Ullmark, Casey, Rasmus and Pilut and we're only 2 points behind Pittsburgh. It's looking to me like expectations have overtaken reality a bit here. 

This is all happening with the other teams no longer taking us lightly, point in fact we get Hellebuyck in goal today, most likely against Hutton, who is due for a comeback game. He has to see the writing on the wall and wants to be relevant on this team again. The Jets have been awful these past 2 games after losing to San Jose in OT. Both games they were down 5-1 before scoring a meaningless goal in the final minute. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 8

Beer, kubasa and perogies, I'm ready for the game. I also have cabbage rolls (holobchi) and some Jack Herer.

The Jets have lost 3 in a row (regulation) for the first time since the 2016-2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Here's to a good clean game where nobody gets blown out.

tmp_6974-20190209_1305577414522738235642713.jpg

Edited by Ducky
grts to gets
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Beer, kubasa and perogies, I'm ready for the game. I also have cabbage rolls (holobchi) and some Jack Herer.

The Jets have lost 3 in a row for the first time since the 2016-2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Good Irish boy I see.

?

On a cold winters day I would expect a little Kapusniak.

I've had the Zywiek and Tyskie beer. I liked both. I have not tried any of the others you have in the pic.

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The Jets have lost 3 in a row for the first time since the 2016-2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Try and convince your guys to play for overtime ?

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Good Irish boy I see.

?

On a cold winters day I would expect a little Kapusniak.

I've had the Zywiek and Tyskie beer. I liked both. I have not tried any of the others you have in the pic.

Irish? 

It has warmed up to -30 with -32 with the windshield. Mexico still can't come soon enough!

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Try and convince your guys to play for overtime ?

The way they have been playing lately, they would be happy to make it to overtime.

Edited by Ducky

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Estrella is not a bad beer, one of the few besides stella artois I actually like.

36 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Columbus won again last night. Do you think we can end up with a better record than Pitt?

I think today really is a must win game. I am also starting to think that it might not be a bad idea to trade Skinner and then try to sign him in the summer. This does not look like a year we are going to make the playoffs with all of these wild card teams that keep winning. Montreal and Boston will not be caught and Columbus just seems like they are not going to drop either. Pittsburgh will eventually put it together and make a run which would leave Buffalo out in the dust.

what a ridiculous idea...trade your top goal scorer while  2 points back of a playoff spot with 28 games left....and if you trade him, do you really think he'd come back here?

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Estrella is my favorite but I want to try more Inedit.

Yeah I mostly drink stella artois the most.    

https://www.hetanker.be/en/gouden-carolus-tripel   one of my favourites from over here.  

Friday while playing darts I did 9 duvel , couldn't do more had to work in morning.    

http://www.duvel.com/en/the-beer/duvel    very popular over here to.   8.5% though.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah I mostly drink stella artois the most.    

https://www.hetanker.be/en/gouden-carolus-tripel   one of my favourites from over here.  

Friday while playing darts I did 9 duvel , couldn't do more had to work in morning.    

http://www.duvel.com/en/the-beer/duvel    very popular over here to.   8.5% though.

I am going to see if that Carolus is available here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

We play Pitt twice on our home ice. That's two 4 point games 

Edited by OverPowerYou

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.