GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Buffalo Sabres, 1:08 p.m., February 9, 2019

PASabreFan

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I was informed it’s National Pizza Day today.  

If i was in Buffalo I would  have to stop at Mr Pizza (Elwood and Bird) before the game starts.  Or Bocce, or LaNova, or Leonardi’s, ...

Enjoy your pizza - I miss all Buffalo food

16 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That's she (he?) and you are hoping for ... ?

You better find it, or there will be no all nighter for you ... ?

Not that kind of all nighter because I’m not 18 anymore. ?

Couldn’t find it. Fell off outside in the dark and rain. Kids tried to help me with flashlights. However I think I’m still good for the game. I better come up with a good Valentines Day gift.

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had 15 homicides and 63 violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.

We know things are bad — worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot — I don't want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say: "I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!"

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell — "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!" Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad! You've got to say, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!" Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis and the power play and Phil's hair. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!"

Nice. Nothing like some Rage Against the Machine to get you going in the morning.  WHOO!!!

Go Sabres

Will Svoboda be here in time to play tonight? Him and Ramsey should make a good shutdown pair.

I'm glad Brad May is getting his chance with Hawerchuk and Audette, but we need way more from the Tanti/Ruutuu/Wood line

If Dudley sits Corkum for Colin Paterson again I'll be pissed.

Malarchuk's turn in goal?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Will Svoboda be here in time to play tonight? Him and Ramsey should make a good shutdown pair.

I'm glad Brad May is getting his chance with Hawerchuk and Audette, but we need way more from the Tanti/Ruutuu/Wood line

If Dudley sits Corkum for Colin Paterson again I'll be pissed.

Malarchuk's turn in goal?

Seems like we could be talking about the exact same things at any time during the Sabres existence, except maybe in 1974/75.  Although, I do remember a 'goalie controversy' even then.

+++++

I am glad that @PASabreFanhas instituted the puck drop as the official start time.  That way I am reminded that I have 9 minutes to get fully geared up and to have one last PP prior to puck drop.  That way I will have a better chance of making it to the first whistle before I need a PP break.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Ullmark in net today

GREAT!!

The riot has been postponed, which is good because I do not like riots, except for *White Riot*, of course ... ?

*White Riot is the first single issued by The Clash, just in case you heathen don't know that*

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.