Practice Report: 2/8/2019

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

CJ Smith is better than Sobokta, period. Our coach should know that. Also, why is Erod being demoted? Literally carried chunks of the game. Uhg. 

Yep, it's time for "Left Dot Sobotka" to sit.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

That looks more like olympic team speed skating than NHL hockey. I had to zoom in to make sure it wasn't the same player photoshopped 3x.

Nope, the Sabrepede is part of tank lore.

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

CJ Smith is better than Sobokta, period. Our coach should know that. Also, why is Erod being demoted? Literally carried chunks of the game. Uhg. 

So, the trend is to not number the lines, which could imply importance.  I get this, as it's the Millennial way.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a demotion in this instance.  You could technically call the Larry line the fourth line based on their role.  I can see Phil believing ERod being on a hot-streak and using him to try and jump-start Tage.  I see this as an attempt to get offense out of a third line.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Why do you think ERod is demoted? Because the order in which WGR posts the lines has been a great indicator of who gets the most ice time? 

Well, in fairness to @LGR4GM, it's pretty likely that that line gets the least 5x5 ice time. 

OTOH, Erod will probably get enough ST time to be in the top 9 among the forwards.

Housley has pretty much unfailingly played Skinner Eichel and Reinhart a ton — regardless of their 5-5 linemates — and everyone else within a couple minutes of each other.

That's the extent of his hierarchy. Guys aren't promoted/demoted. They are moved around for chemistry purposes.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Why do you think ERod is demoted? Because the order in which WGR posts the lines has been a great indicator of who gets the most ice time?

I think I might have the wrong idea on lines so correct me where needed.

Line 1 is your best offensive threat. Average defensively.

Line 2 is you second offensive threat with the ability to defend longer stints in the D Zone.

Line 3 is who you put against the other team’s first line. Defensively minded with some offensive ability.

Line 4 plays against the other team’s fourth line. Little offensive threat and average defensively.

The more I think about it you want at least three lines who can score and everyone playing a two way game. I remember the chances of a fight came when those fourth liners were playing their five minutes of ice time per game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.