All Hail Erod

GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Not only a non 1st round pick, he wasn't drafted at all. 

I originally thought GMTM picked him up because he was Jack’s linemate. A familiarity thing. Once I saw him in Rochester I couldn’t believe he was undrafted. I think GMTM was a little better than he’s given credit for.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I originally thought GMTM picked him up because he was Jack’s linemate. A familiarity thing. Once I saw him in Rochester I couldn’t believe he was undrafted. I think GMTM was a little better than he’s given credit for.

I always thought he wasn't given enough of a chance. Then there was the rumors about him and Kim Pegula calling her a bitch. He's probably right. 

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

GMTM was a disaster.  He built a house of straw.  Love how legends grow out of nothing. 

Sure ERod was a great signing but GMTM had so many misses. 

Definitely agree with this on the trade front, less the O’Reilly deal, but he’s got more than a few late round/college FA that look like they are going to shake out.

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've been on the Erod train since BU (or BC) I always mix them up. He has an it factor that many of our other players dont. 

BU

Erod is interesting in the way that he stands out on this team compared to how he would look on other teams. He does a great job of using his whole body to win and possess pucks and it really shows in his offensive zone work around the boards.

I think on a team where more players are playing that way Erod wouldn't stand out so much. Dude fights for pucks like his life depends on it.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I think an advantage that Erod brings is his ability to play all 3 forward positions. He can slot anywhere and is perfect for the 3rd line. 

He looks like a solid 2nd line player right now.  He, Sheary and Mitts have all stepped up. Despite our terrible D of late, the offense has come around.  Here are our O leaders in 2019.

Reinhart 5-6-11

Skinner 7-3-10

Risto 1-9-10

Dahlin 2-7-9

Erod 6-3-9

Sheary 1-8-9

Eichel 2-6-8 

Mitts 2-5-7

We have scored 42 goals in the last 13 games.  14 by the Big 3, 8 by the D, but a solid 20 from everyone else.  Sadly we allowed 51 over the same period.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.