All Hail Erod

GASabresIUFAN

54 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He went to BU and doesn't like it when people confuse it with BC even though we all know it's the same school.  

One school is obsessed with BC.  The other is obsessed with Notre Dame.  So by BC logic where they think they're on the same level as Notre Dame, I guess that does make them the same school.

And as for Erod, all of this is why I still hold out hope for O'Regan.  He was always a better player than Erod, he just didn't get glued to Eichel's hip for a full season.

I like E-Rod and always wondered why he wasn't drafted.  The only 2 reasons I can come up with are 1) his size; 2) playing with Eichel may have counted AGAINST him - scouts believing that he was simply the product of playing next to Eichel, but didn't possess enough individual talent.  He has certainly proven that not to be the case, as most of his production for the Sabres has been without Eichel on the ice.  Let's hope he can keep up the solid play and have a productive career for the Sabres as a middle-6 forward.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

One school is obsessed with BC.  The other is obsessed with Notre Dame.  So by BC logic where they think they're on the same level as Notre Dame, I guess that does make them the same school.

And as for Erod, all of this is why I still hold out hope for O'Regan.  He was always a better player than Erod, he just didn't get glued to Eichel's hip for a full season.

Weren't O'Regan, Eichel and Erod on the same line at BU?  

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I like E-Rod and always wondered why he wasn't drafted.  The only 2 reasons I can come up with are 1) his size; 2) playing with Eichel may have counted AGAINST him - scouts believing that he was simply the product of playing next to Eichel, but didn't possess enough individual talent.  He has certainly proven that not to be the case, as most of his production for the Sabres has been without Eichel on the ice.  Let's hope he can keep up the solid play and have a productive career for the Sabres as a middle-6 forward.

He didn't play with Eichel until he was 2 years past being draft eligible.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He didn't play with Eichel until he was 2 years past being draft eligible.

And doubled his entire college career output that one year with Eichel.  I'd experiment for a game or two and put him on Eichel's wing, especially given the recent uptick in his play.

26 minutes ago, shrader said:

And doubled his entire college career output that one year with Eichel.  I'd experiment for a game or two and put him on Eichel's wing, especially given the recent uptick in his play.

Would much rather he play on Eichel's wing than Pominville.

HIs nickname is "Roger"?  That's cool.  I'm a fan of his for all the reasons listed in the article and what has been said.  He's the kind of player that teams have to have in order to be at the top of the league. 

What is ERods ceiling? In the last 12 games he's put up 6g and 4a...but his first 36 games he had 2g and 9a.

I'd hope that he can develop more consistency in his game and put up a more measured pace. Is he capable of hitting 50 points as a 2nd/3rd/4th line roamer?

His effort is undeniable, and with some boosted confidence it'll be interesting to see if he's a streaky scorer or growing into something special.

26 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

What is ERods ceiling? In the last 12 games he's put up 6g and 4a...but his first 36 games he had 2g and 9a.

I'd hope that he can develop more consistency in his game and put up a more measured pace. Is he capable of hitting 50 points as a 2nd/3rd/4th line roamer?

His effort is undeniable, and with some boosted confidence it'll be interesting to see if he's a streaky scorer or growing into something special.

If they ever stopped using him as a utility forward and gave him consistent linemates you see more consistent results and a 50 pt player.  

Last season Erod had 25 pts in 48 games after returning from injury.  (or .52 pts/gp)  This season, after a slow start, he now has 21 pts in 48 games.  (or .44 pts/gp).  That is remarkably consistent considering he never knows who is linemates are going to be or what position he is going to play each night.  

While I don't think he'll every give us top line results, I think he has earned a 2nd line spot on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.