Jeff Skinner Scoring Pace

jame

Looks like Skinner has finally fallen off the pace. He's only got 1 goal / 4 points in his last 8 games... by far his worst stretch since the first 7 games of the season. 1 PP Goal in his last 21 games... yikes.

He's still on pace for a 48 goal season. But with expected S% regressing from 22% to 18%, it will be interesting to keep an eye on how much that pace continues to fall.

So obviously this is directly related to his time with and without Eichel.  At least we saw what Skinner is capable of.  That should help him and us determine a value and hopefully sign him long term.  

I personally don't like taking Skinner away from Eichel because I believe it will ultimately fail. 

14 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

So obviously this is directly related to his time with and without Eichel.  At least we saw what Skinner is capable of.  That should help him and us determine a value and hopefully sign him long term.  

I personally don't like taking Skinner away from Eichel because I believe it will ultimately fail. 

He has always been a streaky player.  The whole PP has sucked recently and that is part of the problem.  Also we are playing much more in our own zone of late.  This too doesn’t help offense.  

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He has always been a streaky player.  The whole PP has sucked recently and that is part of the problem.  Also we are playing much more in our own zone of late.  This too doesn’t help offense.  

Agreed on the PP.  Yes he's been a streaky player but I think he's proven that he can be consistent with a top end center.  That's what I meant by seeing his capability.  

Because of that,  I'm not concerned with his recent lack of production. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Except he wasn't a streaky player this year... he was very consistent for ~ 40 games.

He was a streaky player in previous years, but I believe that had far more to do with playing with guys like Riley Nash and Derek Ryan.

I think separating him and Eichel is dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Question, you can only sign one who would it be? Jeff Skinner or Mark Stone?  

Depends on cost but I still gotta say Skinner. He's one of the top 2 or 3 even strength goal-scorers in the league and it's our weakest area. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Mark Stone is a better hockey player than Jeff Skinner... but we have our Mark Stone in Sam Reinhart.

we don’t have anyone else like Skinner.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

2 minutes ago, jame said:

Mark Stone is a better hockey player than Jeff Skinner... but we have our Mark Stone in Sam Reinhart.

we don’t have anyone else like Skinner.

Two different players. I try and sign them both.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.