GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

6 hours ago, jame said:

The Sabres haven’t had back to back regulation wins since October

This season (points) is a mirage 

Not a mirage, but they are still 3-4 players short.  A center and two wingers, maybe 3 wingers.  Sobotka needs to go along with Sheary and Pommer.  Larry looked tentative tonight might have been his worst game.  Sabres need forwards that have a nasty streak... Would love to have Ferland as a third line winger... but the Sabres need more.  Hope they can find some guys in the draft and sign one more. If Oloffson thinks he can play shinny keep him in the A.  Hoping that Pekar can make a quick transition up... Teams have figured out that you can get Sabres off their game by being physical especially in the offensive zone and as much as I like Pilut's skating, he is overmatched physically.  Dahlin needs to put on 30lbs not 10-15.  

Edited by North Buffalo

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I don't know what Sam is thinking with this. 

If he actually said this and I was JBot I'd move him to the top of my must be traded away list. Reminds me of when Jim Kelly turned on his O line way back when. You simply do not put the blame on others publicly (even if it's true). That's not leadership. That is not what leaders do. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If he actually said this and I was JBot I'd move him to the top of my must be traded away list. Reminds me of when Jim Kelly turned on his O line way back when. You simply do not put the blame on others publicly (even if it's true). That's not leadership. That is not what leaders do. 

Def said it having watched the post game interviews. Not many of them come out with much credit to be honest. (In the interviews).

I just skimmed this page.  

What the heck happened in this thread last night?  No, I really DO NOT want to know.

As for the game ... piss.

As for Sam's comments ... there is more than enough blame to go around for last night.  They all stank pretty much, but Linus did not have a good game.  It happens, but you never throw a teammate under the bus like that.  I think this season is over after a comment like that.  There is no way the Sabre players will be able to keep it together and focus.

8 hours ago, darksabre said:

I don't know what Sam is thinking with this. 

Now you're overthinking. The numbers speak for themselves. You can't allow 17 goals in three games and not say the goaltending has been lacking.

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Seriously, that ***** needs to stop in here, it's off putting and will drive long time posters away. 

A former Sabre who's black, speaking on the team broadcast in the larger context of discrimination in the game, spoke about what he sees as inherent racism in the president's immigration policy. There's no ban on discussing this here. Was it a great debate? No. Should it have stopped when action resumed? Probably. But it's not a problem to be solved, and no one is leaving because of it. Puh-lease.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have a feeling this game will define this season. As in, much better than last year, faster than last year, fun to watch, don't quit when down, you can feel it is oh so close, but it isn't quite there yet. 

Still, such a vast change from last year I am optimistic for the future. 

I don't get the last point. It took turning over half the roster of a last-place team to get the Sabres to within shouting distance of the playoffs. Last year's team didn't improve. It disappeared and was replaced. And it's pretty clear that process will have to happen again. There should be zero optimism that the roster as currently constructed is going to be the one to finally achieve contender status.

Edited by PASabreFan

11 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Isn't this what we wanted a couple years ago? A frenetic, offensively talented team (ala TOR a couple years ago) that didn't yet know how to play defense as a team? And therefore... exciting games, but knowing we still needed a little bit of time to season up.

Yeah, we say a lot of sh#t we regret later.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

PA, I can't get to "the goaltending is lacking" when I watch our forwards constantly blow their coverages in the D zone. This team is a defensive train wreck right now. It's like no one knows what they're supposed to be doing. 

Our goalies might have one bad goal in ten. Meanwhile our defense has 7 or 8 blunders that lead to goals out of ten. I might be out on a limb but in going to say our defense sucks hard.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Our goalies might have one bad goal in ten. Meanwhile our defense has 7 or 8 blunders that lead to goals out of ten. I might be out on a limb but in going to say our defense sucks hard.

And it's not like this team is scoring buckets of goals every game either. They lost 1-0 to Dallas and Ullmark was their best player that night. 11 of their 19 losses since the streak ended were games where they only scored 1 or 2 goals.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 1

Sounds like the locker room is getting testy.  Remember the "Bickering Bills."  Yeah, the team that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.  Maybe the locker room needs to be more accountable, and likely more tense.  Glass half full, this might be a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

And it's not like this team is scoring buckets of goals every game either. They lost 1-0 to Dallas and Ullmark was their best player that night. 11 of their 19 losses since the streak ended were games where they only scored 1 or 2 goals.

I think players got too reliant on Hutton and Ullmark standing on their heads to mask their defensive deficiencies. 

And just to be clear, when I say our defense sucks, I'm taking about all five skaters.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think players got too reliant on Hutton and Ullmark standing on their heads to mask their defensive deficiencies. 

And just to be clear, when I say our defense sucks, I'm taking about all five skaters.

We're on the same page here. The forwards are as much to blame as anyone for how sloppy this team is in its own end.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

PA, I can't get to "the goaltending is lacking" when I watch our forwards constantly blow their coverages in the D zone. This team is a defensive train wreck right now. It's like no one knows what they're supposed to be doing. 

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Two games of Ullmark starting and everyone has already forgotten about Hutton? He hasn’t been good in months and Phil continued to give him starts. He’s easy responsible for a softie or two a game and has most definitely lost us games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.